Want to make a sweet bow. Help.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Just Kinson

So i want to make a kick ass powerful bow. I see posts about other weapons that do stupid amounts of damage and I was wondering if you can make a bow that does that! So any help would be cool. Or if you just made a good bow let me know what it is and talk abou it!

Chryss

So i want to make a kick ass powerful bow. I see posts about other weapons that do stupid amounts of damage and I was wondering if you can make a bow that does that! So any help would be cool. Or if you just made a good bow let me know what it is and talk abou it!

i have 3 Daedric Bows all enchanted for different uses. thay are all 169 damage. Easy to make if you want to put the time and effort into it.

Before i made my Daedric Bows I used Ebony Bows which i had at 161 damage, also enchanted.

Champion8877

work on your archery tree, work on the first set of perks to make your bow do 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% more damage. and get high enchantment and smithing. then enchant a ring, necklace, gloves, and i think boots with the enchantment that gives like a 15% smithing bonus. then go and craft a bow while you are wearing the enchanted items. i did this and i have a bow that does 128 damage, but some people can get theirs to do like 500+ damage. but im not sure how they do that, nor do i care since i don't see how that is fun to one shot everything.

Chukkles

I'm using a bound bow, with my bound weapons doing more damage (1st stage), since becoming a mage I have done away with most physical weapons and only carry an elven shield and Dawnbreaker (sword).

So many character ideas so little time, I want an archery master that looks like kiera knightly off King Arthur.

One other thing to go with this for a kick ass killing bow is to have enchants on your armor/trinkets to increase bow damage.

KrazyLizard

If you mean what enchantments to toss onto a Legendary Daedric bow (or any) I would suggest a Weakness to Element, and that element in damage. Poison your arrows with the same effects for added punch.

Gommer41

Xbox360
I haven't got an enchantment on my Daedric bow yet but i've been trying to get it's damage up it is currently at 250 and I know I can get it higher if you need any help on getting it up higher then write me a message it does take a lot of time especially if you are like me and decide to make a run for an extremely high power bow while at level 35, not recommended cause it takes a very long time to level up.

Kuurus

I like putting paralyze on a bow. Even if the shot doesn't kill them, it will often keep them in place for a second shot.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
people are getting 500+ on their daedric bows from enchanted smithing gear + high level smithing potions when they craft them. You have to spend big points in alchemy+enchanting to get your gear like that. I dont know if i could be bothered.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
What everyone else is saying will be very helpful. But what's the highest a Daedric bow can do without having the perk for smithing it? Is it better than an upgraded Glass bow? Because I don't want to go all the way up the heavy armour tree just to get a Daedric one.

Kuurus

What everyone else is saying will be very helpful. But what's the highest a Daedric bow can do without having the perk for smithing it? Is it better than an upgraded Glass bow? Because I don't want to go all the way up the heavy armour tree just to get a Daedric one.
Yes, it's better than a glass bow (19 base dmg vs 15 base dmg). I found one as loot. While I don't have the perk for improving daedric weapons 2x, my bow displayed damage is still over 200 with 5/5perks in overdraw and +47% archery on gauntlets and helm. The Daedric is rare as loot, but you do find ebony bows pretty commonly as loot, and they are still higher than glass (17 base dmg).

However, if you have already gone up to glass smithing, then a glass bow imrpoved 2x will of course be more damage than either an ebony or daedric without the appropriate 2x perk.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
However, if you have already gone up to glass smithing, then a glass bow imrpoved 2x will of course be more damage than either an ebony or daedric without the appropriate 2x perk.

That's exactly what I was asking.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts