OOC Walking with Legends

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    This Roleplay is going to be Co-authored by me & Majir-Dar. The Rp is public, so please respond in this thread if you are interested (though we will not just let anybody in).

The great war has ended, but not in a fashion that Tamriel expected. Out of the blue, high members of the Aldmeri Dominion were assasinated, and yet nobody knows who was responsible. Taking this incident as an act of the gods, The Empire beared down on the Thalmor, finally overwhelming the Altmer and forcing them to sign a treaty that ends the fighting. The Imperial Legion then began wiping out rebels across Tamriel, ending all anti-empire organisations, and within a decade the Empire's original nations are back under their control.

And now the Empires intentions have been revealed.
    Ancient grudges have re-awoken now Tamriel has united, and Imperial forces have been sent to asault the continent of Akavir. The initial attacks were fueled by the element of surprise, but now Akavirs natives have begun to respond with ferocity.
    Many navymen are out fighting, but now the empire has began recruiting milatia for support. One particular group was sent to launch a forward base of operations on Akavir, but after an unexpected storm the ship has been... compromised.

This RP will begin aboard the ship named Bountiful Harvest, And each char will be either a milatia or high ranking navy official. I suggest giving a reason for them being there. From there we will crash on an uncharted island, lost to time...

Rules
    1. No Overpowered chars (we all know this by now). This does include Thuum's or dragonborns.​
    2. No controlling others peoples chars (unless they approve beforehand).​
    3. Set up a decent cc (age, name, reason for being there e.t.c).​
    4. No profanity, limit that to this OOC.​
    5. This is a 18+, but please dont go out of your way to be rude/vile. If your concerned about this, contact Majir.​
    6. There will be secrets at first, so dont expect us to explain everything.​
    7. If you join then please be active. If you dont post for over a fortnight without notifiying me or Majir then you will be kicked out of the RP. Also, if you would like to leave the Roleplay then let us know instead of just dissapearing, it makes things easier.​
    And have fun!​

Cast
    Me as Captain Hans Trillinor
    Majir-Dar as Velyn Trivon
    The Phantom as Lord Pinarus Baenius
    Boudica as Nikos Dolvari
    Kimrisvik as Garren Rivers
    Osiris as Gin-Wulm
    Tdatapina as
    Arivrir Moore​

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    » NAME - Lord Pinarus Baenius

» ALIAS - The Mockingbird

» AGE - 41

» BIRTH SIGN - The Serpent

» ORIGIN - Imperial

» CLASS - Not Applicable

» GENDER - Male

» HEIGHT - 5'01"

» WEIGHT - 120lbs

» LATERALITY - Ambidextrous

» SEXUALITY - Heterosexual

» MARTIAL STATUS - Single

» HEALTH - Very good

» AFFILIATION - Solitude, Blue Palace, Imperial Legion and the Court

» AFFLICTIONS - None

» RELIGION - He neither admits nor denies the presence of the gods, choosing to ignore then. Admires Sithis

» PATRON DEITIES - Sithis

PERSONALITY

» POSITIVE TRAITS - Calm, Intelligent, Self Confident, Straight Forward, Well Spoken, Ambitious, Quick Witted, Cares Greatly For the Few He Loves, Master Strategist

» NEGATIVE TRAITS - Cunning, Ruthless, Narcissistic, Lack of Empathy, Ambitious

» LIKES - Reading, Plotting, Wealth, Power, Knowledge

» DISLIKES - Most People, Bullies, Those who underestimate him, Stupidity

» FEARS - Death

» ASPIRATIONS - To one day either be crowned High King or Emperor

» QUIRKS - Makes use of hand gestures to express himself

APPEARANCE

» HAIR - Dark Brown with grey streaks, short hair that's ever so slightly stuck up at the front

» EYE COLOR - Grey Green

» SKIN COLOR - Pale

» BUILD - Rather slim and elegant

» SCARS - The scar left from a stab wound he sustained in his teens during a duel for a lady's hand runs from his navel to his collar.

» PHYSICAL - A short man of slender build, with handsome features, Pinarus has gray-green eyes, a small pointed beard on his chin, and threads of grey running throughout his dark hair. He is by no means, a fighter

» ATTIRE - He wears a set of brown fine clothes and a distinctive Mockingbird sigil/pin.

» GEAR - Lord Baenius will always be carrying at least 1000 gold septims with him at all times. He also carries his trusted ebony dagger that he named, "Littlefinger"

History
    » Pinarus Baenius was born into a small and poor family somewhere in High Rock. He was never in his homeland for very long, as he was fostered to a wealthy family in Windhelm, Skyrim. As he grew up, Baenius proved to be a shrewd and intellectual young man, often outsmarting people to get his own way. People also often commented on his ambition, theorising that he would let the Thalmor destroy the world, provided he could be King of the Ashes. The family who he grew up with had a child his age, a beautiful and intelligent girl named Sottilde. Pinarus gradually fell in love with her, although his feelings were unrequited. They were still very good friends, she told him everything and he told her.

She was eventually wed to a man from a wealthy House at the age of 17. Desperate to prove himself, Baenius challenged her suitor to a duel for her hand. The duel was long and chaotic, with Pinarus clearly at a disadvantage as he suffered many wounds. Baenius refused to give up however, and battled on until finally, his opponent snapped. The man smashed Pinarus' shield out of his hand and, despite Sottilde begging him to spare Pinarus, stabbed him in the chest and slashed up to the collarbone. Pinarus passed out from his wounds, the last thing he saw before losing consciousness was Sottilde, it was also the last time he saw her. It was after this that he realised that he would never win attempting to fight with honour, and that to get what he wanted he would rely on HIS intellect, and the strength of others. After being nursed back to health from his wounds, he still had a large scar, leading from his navel to his collarbone. He was no longer welcome in Sottilde's household and was banished to Whiterun.

There, he was appointed tax collector and Master of Whiterun's Finance. This was a job he proved very efficient at and made Whiterun a very wealthy city. Pinarus spent years in Whiterun until the High King personally requested that Baenius be given a Lordship and made Master of Coin in Skyrim. Pinarus, now known as Lord Baenius, accepted this offer and moved to Solitude. While he was here, he proved to be a master of court intrigue. If intrigue was chess, he would be considered a brilliant rapid play strategist and player, thriving on chaos and using it to further climb the social ladder. For this, the court nicknamed him, "The Mockingbird", for many reasons. To name but a few: he was a self-made man with so many songs to sing, he heard so many "songs" and secrets and was very capable of remembering them. The Mockingbird took a liking to the nickname and even fashioned his own sigil, that of a silver mockingbird perched on a branch. He even had a pin made from silver to be worn on his clothes at all times and it eventually became his distinctive feature. During a bet with the smith, Beirand, he won an ebony dagger which he began to carry around with him at all times. Lord Baenius gave it an enchantment that caused paralysis from even the most minor cut, and named it, "Littlefinger".

Now he is very powerful, very wealthy and even more ambitious. He longs for the throne and is searching for anything that may give him an advantage in that regard. With the death of Torryg, Skyrim is in chaos and the Mockingbird is in his element. Despite the supposed peace invoked by the Empire's recapture of Tamriel, there is still much chaos and subterfuge present. In his search for knowledge and anything that may give him an advantage to seize the throne, he found out about a journey to Akavir and concluded that learning war first hand would give him a distict advantage over his competitors. Curious as to what secrets may be hidden there, Lord Baenius has decided to attend with two personal bodyguards.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Phantom, your in. Ill wait for Majir to post here before putting in my own CC.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    In war, there are no "good guys". If you choose to fight, how are you any better than the enemy?

To answer your question... well thats tricky. Though the Empire is the agressor in this scenario, the fuel of this conflict stems from Akaviri invasion in the 1st and 2nd era.

I should have point out this story is based on the mysterious island, not the war.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Hmm... okay. I may apply for this, but I'm still not sure yet. I'll let you know within a day or two whether I plan to post a CC :)

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I'll post my CC later tonight. T., you may want to post your CC before mine, but if you want to wait then, by all means, wait.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Name - Nikos Dolvari
    Age - 32
    Race - Imperial
    Gender - Male
    Class - Warrior/Weapon Master
    Occupation - Inquisitor - Naval officer/disciplinarian

Appearance - A strongly built 6'1" imperial with olive skin, unusually amber eyes and a messy crop of dark, loose curls upon his head; Nikos could pass for a poster boy for the Imperial Legion. He has a scar along the bridge of his nose that runs across his face diagonally from jaw bone at the left to his hairline a the right, a few clip scars on his left temple and one that clips his bottom lip. He has dark, thick stubble along his jaw but occasionally shaves when at important occasions. His left hand has a burnt palm and his right is marred with thin, aged scars. He usuall wears darkly coloured clothes that would often get him mistaken as a commoner/peasant.

Personality - Smooth, charismatic, suave and inquisitive - Nikos has been called the 'smiling reaper' before in the past as, for all his attractive traits both physical and personal; he can be one cruel, sadistic and forceful bastard that won't allow anything to get between him and what he wants. He's no lumbering idiot and is rather well educated, resulting in a shrewd, devilish side that is brought to the forefront by constant mockery. He has a chip on his shoulder because of his status as orphan and is hell-bent on proving he is just as good as others. Nikos is particularly partial to the sins of Wrath, Envy, Lust and Pride.

Bio - Left in the streets of the Imperial City, Nikos was an orphan, took into the local orphanages and soon adopted by a wealthy family of a Legion commander and his wife (who was a high ranking Mage). He was sent to a top school and despite it being a great privilege he viewed it with such disdain. He was there by the grace of someone else's charity and none of the other boys let him forget that...giving Nikos the complex of 'whatever you can do, I can (and will) do better'. Which is why he is like he is...he's proficient in magic but excellent with all forms of weaponry and is a master on the battlefield - a true artist of beheading, planning attacks and strategies.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Boudica, your work looks good. Welcome aboard!

Remember the whole milatia idea people, I said it so that you didnt have to make new chars.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I like the CCs so far. Like I said before, mine will be up either late today, or afternoon tomorrow. He'll certainly be interesting I assure you. Once he's finalized, he'll be tied with Majir-Dar in terms of being my favorite character to write as, or, at least, he should be.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I only just got home, give me some time to finish my character up.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    This is going to take a little while. I'm only half way done.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    My mistake, I only need to do the history of Tiberius and I'll be done. (Tiberius is the character's name).

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I'll be leaving chunks out of Tiberius' life, I don't want you guys to know everything about him after all. Instead, much of his past will be revealed through flashbacks, nightmares, and conversation.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Sorry guys, maybe tomorrow. Don't think that I've been lazy, I've been working at this character since I got home. I assure you, if it was possible to have the character up today, it would be up.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Name: Garren Rivers
    Race: Nord
    Class: Warrior
    Hometown/Birthplace: Solitude
    Occupation: Commander in the Imperial army of Skyrim / Mercenary at freetime

Appearence
    Garren has shoulderlong darkbrown hair, blue eyes and an untrimmed beard. He stands 185cm tall, and has an average body. His skin is tan and very clean, with no scars. The armour he wears is the normal imperial heavy armour, but with a finer fabric to show his rank amongst his comrades. Hanging from his back, there is a red cloak with the Solitude sigil on, showing his love for his hometown.

Weapon/fightingstyle
    The weapon Garren uses is a personalized sword that he calls "Windcutter". The sword is thin and fast, and can cut a clean cut in most soft materials. It's also pointy, making pearcing inbetween hard plates somewhat effective. He is however weak against heavily armored enemies. Garren never underestimates his opponents, and fight everyone with honor.

Personality
    Garren is a gentle and kind man who is loyal to his friends. He might sometimes seem a bit high on himself, but he is mostly a silent and calm person.

Dislikes: Stormcloaks, losing, liars.

History
    As the son of the guardsleader in Solitude, Garren grew up with much sword training. Already at age 10 his swordfighting was almost flawless, and at age 15 he joined the guards, making his father happy. His father then took him to the blacksmith to make his very own sword, wich he called "Windcutter". Serving as a guard he got many new friends, and thourgh his father he got to know General Tullius very well.

When Garren was 18, the Stormcloaks launched an attack on Solitude, and both Garren and his father fought against the attackers. The battle ended with the Stormcloaks retreating, but the losses had been great. Garren, happy with the victory, returned to celebrate with his father. But when he got back to the barracks he found out that his father had died. Furious with the loss of his father, Garren then left Solitude and became a sellsword doing jobs for men he met at inns around Skyrim.

After five years on the road the civil war had gotten bigger, and Garren decided to return to Solitude to help the Imperial army with the war. General Tullius was pleased with the return of Garren and gave him a place to live and a position in the army. It didn't take long until Garren had reached a high rank, the youngest commander in the army, and he and General Tullius became very close friends.

Know the history is bad written, so I can try to make it better if you want to ;)

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    No, i think the backstory covers why hes there well enough.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Well then... CCs anyone?
    Your right, need to post my CC soon. dont have enough time now, but will try to get it up as soon as possible (hopefully tommorow).