Xbox 360 Walking & Sprint Issues

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Curious Mew

I'm curious!
I am playing as a Khajiit, and i am having some problems with my ability to walk and sprint. Mostly with my ability to sprint.

Walking: When i walk, i seem to walk fine. But i can't help but feel like i am being held back by something that is out of my control. I can't move forward at the same pace i move backwards in. I don't remember feeling this way when i first started the game. I have plenty of room for carry weight, so I'm not over-encumbered. I'm not using a shield, either.

Sprinting: As for sprinting, i will hit and/or hold down the 'sprint' button on my Xbox 360 controller, and it doesn't seem to register immediately. I will hit it several times, before it finally decides to let me sprint. Is it normal for the sprint button to hesitate when the stamina bar is full? There have even been times where i literally have to tap and hold down the button 50+ times just to sprint away from a dragon or something. It's not just my Khajiit, even my horse has this problem.

I have experimented on both of these issues a great deal. I have tried:
1. switching from Heavy Armor to Light Armor
2. getting some sleep, and sleeping with my wife
3. waiting
4. telling my follower to go away; thinking he might have shared some of my carry weight
5. healing myself
6. crouching and releasing
7. remapping my 'sprint' button with another button
8. swapping items with my follower, and emptying his inventory
9. closing out of the game, restarting
10. playing with a different Xbox 360 controller
11. checked the 'active effects', nothing wrong with my character
12. putting on a different type of boots
13. unequipped my shield, even stored it in a chest

Help on either of these issues would be great. It is frustrating to see videos of people being able to sprint on a dime, when it actually takes me a little longer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts