Volendrung. Getting past flawless?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShelboTron

Okay..so my smithing is 100. I have the arcane smithing perk as well.
All of my daedric weapons and armor have all been upgraded to the legendary status.
However, I just received the Volendrung warhammer, and when I tried to upgrade it, it only went to 'flawless' status. Why did it not go to legendary like everything else?

Am I missing something here? Can this artifact not be upgraded to legendary or something?

I know people say to use exploits and the restoration potions or some crap like that..
I'd prefer not to cheat or use an exploit to upgrade my weapon. Just wondering if I can get it to legendary status somehow.

Thanks for any help!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
From the wiki: Skyrim talk:Volendrung - UESPWiki

Getting Volundrung to Legendary

Does anyone know how you can get Volundrung up to Legendary? I've got 100 Smithing and can only get it up to Flawless 74.107.100.96 02:06, 21 December 2011 (UTC)Friday13

The page clearly says that the hammer doesn't benefit from the Smithing perk that governs its upgrade material. You'll have to fortify your Smithing; see that skill's page for a table that will tell you how much you need to fortify it.​

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
This is the same with many unique enchanted weapons you find, I think. I believe you need to get Smithing up to 100 to improve them to Legendary, but could be wrong on that one.

ShelboTron

This is the same with many unique enchanted weapons you find, I think. I believe you need to get Smithing up to 100 to improve them to Legendary, but could be wrong on that one.

I do have my smithing up to 100. All of my daedric armor and weapons are legendary status. Which is why I'm confused I can't get this one up to legendary.

Golgo_SPB

it doesn't have a smithing perk attributed to it, you can probably make some fortify smithing potions. also there's another daedric artifact that can't be smithed at all the Ebony Blade

XbSuper

Many unique weapons don't get benefits from smithing perks (ie ebony, glass, daedric, etc). Therefore you don't gain the ability to improve it twice as much. The way around this(without using exploits) is to make a set of gear with fortify smithing enchant(chest, hands, ring, and amulet) then make, or buy, a fortify smithing potion. Using all of these together, should allow you to smith any item to legendary(with 100 smithing skill of course).

Straumgald

Does it really swing at the speed of a sword as opposed to a warhammer? It seems faster, and at 25 base dmg, wouldn't that make it the same unenchanted damage output as a dragonbone sword?
You can get this thing at level 9, which for me was extremely powerful, although difficult to kill the giant (had to put it on novice).
Also you never run out of stamina with the enchantment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts