Voice Control For Other Consoles: Would it be that hard to do Bethesda?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Should Bethesda give PC and PS3 Voice Commands?

• Total voters

Jacobhwrd

Also as far as PC is concerned there really is no need to have the voice commands. The voice commands address an issue of having to pause to get a healing spell out and pause to get your weapons back out. That makes it hard to loose yourself in what is suppose to be an rpg. PC can just keybind what they want and then the have seem less game play. Ps3 and Xbox can't.

VonCrown

Pretty sure I saw a mod that used scriptdragon on the pc for voice command shouts, iirc before the kinect features came out. Wasn't terribly interested, honestly.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
It's not favoritism. Just plain business. Microsoft pays Bethesda for extra stuff and DLC exclusive for Xbox for business purposes. And the extra items they give are probably to make other people buy Xbox. IT'S BUSINESS!

VonCrown

You know, all the people climbing over each other to shout 'It's business!": People can still dislike business practices. Saying over and over that it's business isn't actually pointing out anything anyone doesn't already know.

I don't even think it's -good- business, the only people noticing that xbox tends to gets dlc earlier are either A) Someone already using a different system to play the games they want dlc on, who aren't gonna fork out the cash for an xbox and an extra copy of the game to get the dlc a month early, or B) Someone who is already using the xbox, meaning microsoft haven't sold any more units off it, and all the consumer gets is the smug satisfaction of someone else's discontent. You aren't actually getting it any earlier, everyone else is just getting it later.
Anyways, as a former xbox owner, I can say I don't think it's doing much to keep customers when the shoddy product keeps breaking down constantly anyways.

Even when I had an xbox, though, why anyone would get an Elder Scrolls game honestly baffles me. -Nothing- beats the massive stream of free content you're free to choose from that the modding community puts out. Even if you have an older pc, there are a fair amount of tweaks that can squeeze some extra fps out of your rig. You don't actually need a freaky nasa supercomputer to run this stuff.

Anyways, I don't think Microsoft's tactics endear them to any who aren't already well in their camp, and only alienate potential customers otherwise.
I'm also disappointed that Bethesda, whose products I've been supporting since before they were available on anything but PC, would turn their back on the market that made them what they are today.

Epic Keith

Well wouldn't it be fair? PC get's to get mods while Xbox gets it early.

VonCrown

Well wouldn't it be fair? PC get's to get mods while Xbox gets it early.
Hey, it's Microsoft and Sony keeping Bethesda from letting mods be usable on the consoles, just sayin'. I'm all for spreading the love around, I'd rather they take down walls than arbitrarily putting them up.

Also, PS3 peeps get shafted in your framing, just sayin'

I guess my point is, people are justified in feeling Bethesda aren't supporting all their customers equally, whether or not they got paid off to cause it is beside the point, treating some customers like second class through no fault of their own is a lame policy, 'just a business' or not.

Epic Keith

Hey, it's Microsoft and Sony keeping Bethesda from letting mods be usable on the consoles, just sayin'. I'm all for spreading the love around, I'd rather they take down walls than arbitrarily putting them up.

Also, PS3 peeps get shafted in your framing, just sayin'

I guess my point is, people are justified in feeling Bethesda aren't supporting all their customers equally, whether or not they got paid off to cause it is beside the point, treating some customers like second class through no fault of their own is a lame policy, 'just a business' or not.
I don't think Bethesda can help when they see a pile of cash right before them :eek:

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
'

No they aren't. Sense of entitlement aside. How is the customer that pays more gets more unfair? If you go to McDonalds and get a combo meal should the next guy in line just pay for a burger get his fries and drink free just because you got fries and a drink?

Plus the last figures I saw(which may be a little out dated by now) had Xbox sales accounting for 59% of total hard copy sales with PC at 14% and PS3 at 26%. Again how is it unfair that Xbox is getting some "special treatment"?

VonCrown

No they aren't. Sense of entitlement aside. How is the customer that pays more gets more unfair? If you go to McDonalds and get a combo meal should the next guy in line just pay for a burger get his fries and drink free just because you got fries and a drink?

Plus the last figures I saw(which may be a little out dated by now) had Xbox sales accounting for 59% of total hard copy sales with PC at 14% and PS3 at 26%. Again how is it unfair that Xbox is getting some "special treatment"?

Barring having gotten a collector's edition (or extra copies of the game for whatever reason), -you- haven't given Betheda an extra dime. It's not like the xbox version costs $70 or anything. And no, just because you have to pay for your online service, doesn't mean that Microsoft giving them money counts as you paying more. Your analogy falls flat when you look at the fact that- The person only paying for the burger only expects to get the burger. It's clearly listed on the menu- Pay this price, get a burger. Pay this other price, get a combo. Now where was it listed in Skyrim's promotional materials 'Pay this price to get it for xbox, get the game and timed exclusive dlc releases. Pay the same price for any other console get the gmae but have to wait a month for DLC.' People have the right to make informed purchases- I'd be less upset if I knew what I was signing up for by getting it on PC. But that wasn't the case. And you still completely ignore- How does it put piss in -your- coffee if everyone gets it at the same time? All sounds to me like a lot of struggling to self-justify getting the console that charges for online service in the first place.

osheao

i believe in the advancement of gaming. i believe in capitalism.

tech should be sold freely. tech should be applied.

consoles should have all of the basic pc-like mods.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I have said multiple times that the early DLC is not an issue for me all that much. But in the long term Bethesda should treat it's customers fairly. When I say this I mean: If XBox gets a feature they didn't pay extra for then eventually hand it out to PC and PS3, if PC and PS3 get something XBox should get it, if Xbox and PS3 get something PC gets it, and so on. Mods can not be considered here since they are not made by Bethesda and Modding would be a loosing battle to fight. Lastly I understand business. And I would never blame Bethesda for milking money from Microsoft so long as after what Microsoft paid for is done they stop kissing their ass until Microsoft pays up for something else again.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Barring having gotten a collector's edition (or extra copies of the game for whatever reason), -you- haven't given Betheda an extra dime. It's not like the xbox version costs $70 or anything. And no, just because you have to pay for your online service, doesn't mean that Microsoft giving them money counts as you paying more. Your analogy falls flat when you look at the fact that- The person only paying for the burger only expects to get the burger. It's clearly listed on the menu- Pay this price, get a burger. Pay this other price, get a combo. Now where was it listed in Skyrim's promotional materials 'Pay this price to get it for xbox, get the game and timed exclusive dlc releases. Pay the same price for any other console get the gmae but have to wait a month for DLC.' People have the right to make informed purchases- I'd be less upset if I knew what I was signing up for by getting it on PC. But that wasn't the case. And you still completely ignore- How does it put piss in -your- coffee if everyone gets it at the same time? All sounds to me like a lot of struggling to self-justify getting the console that charges for online service in the first place.

I really don't care if all the platforms received updates and dlc at the same because I just dont care. I also don't need to try and justify spending my money because already did that when I bought the console and signed up for Xbl. I was refering to Microsoft as the customer I should have been more specific. The point I was trying to make is that Microsoft pays extra to get exlusive or early content to make their product more apealing. Now I don't feel like I'm personally entitled to special treatment over anyone else. But I can almost guarantee that a large portion of the money spent on that early content comes from membership fees. So no I don't think the "but they get it first" complaints are justified at all.

VonCrown

I really don't care if all the platforms received updates and dlc at the same because I just dont care. I also don't need to try and justify spending my money because already did that when I bought the console and signed up for Xbl. I was refering to Microsoft as the customer I should have been more specific. The point I was trying to make is that Microsoft pays extra to get exlusive or early content to make their product more apealing. Now I don't feel like I'm personally entitled to special treatment over anyone else. But I can almost guarantee that a large portion of the money spent on that early content comes from membership fees. So no I don't think the "but they get it first" complaints are justified at all.
Then I'll be more specific, and say that I'm still not happy with Bethesda for letting Microsoft pay them off to treat their customers unequally; Just because money changed hands does not make it ethical. Just because they are a business, does not give them immunity to ethical scrutiny. All I was really trying to say in the first place.
You just don't care 'cause you got yours Jack.

Jacobhwrd

Microsoft paying for these extras and exclusive items DOES increase their revenue. Some ppl will go ahead and buy another console (not many but some). What your not looking at is the long term affects that this has for sales. When it's time to get a new system ppl remember that Microsoft pays for these things and they will jump on the ban wagon. It's not just skyrim that they are doing this for. A lot of games get the se treatment and that is why the Xbox is now the #1 selling system in the US and the world. These are long term investments on Microsoft's part.

VonCrown

Microsoft paying for these extras and exclusive items DOES increase their revenue. Some ppl will go ahead and buy another console (not many but some). What your not looking at is the long term affects that this has for sales. When it's time to get a new system ppl remember that Microsoft pays for these things and they will jump on the ban wagon. It's not just skyrim that they are doing this for. A lot of games get the se treatment and that is why the Xbox is now the #1 selling system in the US and the world. These are long term investments on Microsoft's part.
Bandwagon? Of course. Because Microsoft pays for early DLC? Doubt it.

Jacobhwrd

Wow you can't get past the fact that they are paying for more then just the skyrim dlc. Lol and you show how little you know because the fact that money exchanged hands doesn't make it unethical. Get over it. End thread.

Jacobhwrd

Sony has exclusive right to certain games as well as Microsoft. Is that anymore "unethical" then then buying an early release for the dlc? No it's not. Your just mad because your not in the system that get it.

VonCrown

Wow you can't get past the fact that they are paying for more then just the skyrim dlc. Lol and you show how little you know because the fact that money exchanged hands doesn't make it unethical. Get over it. End thread.

Sony has exclusive right to certain games as well as Microsoft. Is that anymore "unethical" then then buying an early release for the dlc? No it's not. Your just mad because your not in the system that get it.

Actually, as a business practice, yes, I do dislike companies paying to get DLC earlier on their system, regardless of which company is doing it when, in general.

And... I'm not saying. it's unethical -solely because- money changed hands. That's the most pants-on-head retarded assertion in about anything, ever. Herpderp, either lern2readingcomprehension or troll harder, because I'm done.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I would like to point out I started this thread. And in many points pointed out this was not about the early DLC. Nor exclusives at all. This was about the end result of what Bethesda does with features. and how in some cases only gives features to XBox and PC and never to PS3.