• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Everynone

Casual Gamer
I was wondering if anyone was interested in giving me specific character-style builds that have worked well for you & your playstyles. Any type of character would be great. Im just trying to explore outside my ranger/assassin bubble.

I have a Level 67 character that ive been working on for quite some time now...I went dual wielding (sword/dagger), light armor, archery, sneak, full crafting, and alittle speech...Im wondering if I could do better with my perk placement (I used the calculator). Also, I need help with the health/stamina/magicka distribution. I have console commands that I use to adjust them, but I can't seem to get it right.

Anyway, any and all help is welcome in this area. Ideas on my current build, or any other great builds you guys have, would be great.

Everynone

Casual Gamer
I know Ive been throwing around an idea about a spellsword (heavy, onehanded, destruction, restoration, conjuration) that uses conjured weapons almost excusively (mostly sword & bow).

Everynone

Casual Gamer
I hate running out of ammo. Specially considering that im so used to daedric. :-D Dyu have any conjurer builds/perk sets that work well??

I had a conjure archer sneak type which I guess you could say is my main. With bound bow you get 100 arrows each time you cast so you don't have to worry about ammo. I really don't know about perk sets, but normally what I do since mine is a bit squishy (low on health) I cast my Dremora Lord or whatever I am using to get there attention then just hide and hit them with arrows.

Everynone

Casual Gamer
So a sneak/archer/conjurer?? Hadnt thought of that one. The spellsword ihad in mind would probably just pound them with arrows till he could hit them with spells and weapons. But sneak does seem like a complementary skill to archery...thanks for making me rethink things. :-)

Warrior is fun. Not the heavy armor 2h kind, but the Heavy Armor, Sword and Shield, Archery kind. It's nice to be viable at long range as well as close.

There's also Mage, which I enjoyed... I mained a Mage for a while, but I got sick of the Archmage robes and I grew to HATE his appearance. I'm keeping him around in hopes that Dawnguard will come to ps3 soon so I can pay to redo his face.

Everynone

Casual Gamer
Warrior is fun. Not the heavy armor 2h kind, but the Heavy Armor, Sword and Shield, Archery kind. It's nice to be viable at long range as well as close.

There's also Mage, which I enjoyed... I mained a Mage for a while, but I got sick of the Archmage robes and I grew to HATE his appearance. I'm keeping him around in hopes that Dawnguard will come to ps3 soon so I can pay to redo his face.

Actually, I have never played a hard and fast mage before. Or used a shield as part of my character, for that matter. Why not 2h?? I tried using a daedric greatsword for awhile, and it wasnt that bad, but as that dark elf companion always says, "I prefer the smaller, quicker blades." :p

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I'm currently playing a High Elf spellsword build which I am LOVING. Very fun build on master.

Here's the specs:
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Summon to distract, destruction to wound, dual-wield blades for the killshot; inflicting maximum damage when I'm out of Magicka.

Good routine, keeps battles intense and fun. I recommend something like this if you're unsure but like the idea of a spellsword.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I did a Spellsword type with a Dunmer, using only bound swords, and I really enjoyed it. Don't need to carry around equipment that way. Couple that with Alteration and most things will be slain

Everynone

Casual Gamer
I did a Spellsword type with a Dunmer, using only bound swords, and I really enjoyed it. Don't need to carry around equipment that way. Couple that with Alteration and most things will be slain

Alteration in place of heavy armor? Ive never seen a build that makes consistent and effective (and perked) use of both mundane and mage armors, but maybe thats just me. Don't spellswords use mundane armor? I thought that was preferred.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I used a piece or two (mostly boots and gauntlets) before getting the right perks in alteration, but afterwards I just stuck to mage armor. With the right perks and off-hand spell, its usually quite easy

Everynone

Casual Gamer
I'm currently playing a High Elf spellsword build which I am LOVING. Very fun build on master.

Here's the specs:
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Summon to distract, destruction to wound, dual-wield blades for the killshot; inflicting maximum damage when I'm out of Magicka.

Good routine, keeps battles intense and fun. I recommend something like this if you're unsure but like the idea of a spellsword.

It DOES look well built for sure. The only thing I don't understand is the lack of defense. All of my builds have been somewhat balanced...at least in my eyes. But u invested very little in heavy, and some in restoration, and thats about it...no alchemy (which probably isnt the best idea with a spellsword admittedly) and no real smithing, at least for end-game improvements. Are my builds just too defense-oriented? Or are u just one of those players who kills em before they can mark u??

Everynone

Casual Gamer
I used a piece or two (mostly boots and gauntlets) before getting the right perks in alteration, but afterwards I just stuck to mage armor. With the right perks and off-hand spell, its usually quite easy

That's kinda intriguing. A spellsword with no armor at all? I guess i havnt been very imaginative. Did u invest in enchanting at all then?? I can't imagine using the pre-spawning enchanted robes in serious magical combat...theyre just too weak for higher levels. My self-enchanted daedric armor gives better enchantments than them, and i just use it for fun sometimes, when i wana level heavy armor or destruction or something.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
That's kinda intriguing. A spellsword with no armor at all? I guess i havnt been very imaginative. Did u invest in enchanting at all then?? I can't imagine using the pre-spawning enchanted robes in serious magical combat...theyre just too weak for higher levels. My self-enchanted daedric armor gives better enchantments than them, and i just use it for fun sometimes, when i wana level heavy armor or destruction or something.
I do enchant my own equipment, I think at one point I had some enchanted monk robes with boots, some type of cloves, a circlet, ring, and necklace, all enchanted to either reduce magicka cost, or fortify one-handed

Everynone

Casual Gamer
I do enchant my own equipment, I think at one point I had some enchanted monk robes with boots, some type of cloves, a circlet, ring, and necklace, all enchanted to either reduce magicka cost, or fortify one-handed

With that kinda build style, it sounds like ud need alot of all three stats. Cept maybe magicka, but if u were using spells more that weapons, then that would be high too. How did u distribute the stat boosts?? Ive heard that there are ratios that work, but ive never been able to find any.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
It DOES look well built for sure. The only thing I don't understand is the lack of defense. All of my builds have been somewhat balanced...at least in my eyes. But u invested very little in heavy, and some in restoration, and thats about it...no alchemy (which probably isnt the best idea with a spellsword admittedly) and no real smithing, at least for end-game improvements. Are my builds just too defense-oriented? Or are u just one of those players who kills em before they can mark u??

Ah yes. My build is more of an offense type, I rely on conjuration heavily to distract while I inflict as much damage as I possibly can while they are busy. Its a high risk/high reward sort, it just makes it so I'm not all that OP but at the same time super effective, I like to keep the game challenging.

I skipped out on Heavy Armor and Smithing because you don't need that many perks in either to hit the armor cap so I wanted to maximize my offensive skills as much as possible for the above reasons. I like to keep my heavy armor skills pretty even with my Smithing/Enchanting skill as to help with balance, its not so much a problem by level 10.

No alchemy, but instead chose to invest heavily in Enchantment. Its Alchemy plus more, I can easily Enchant some Alchemy equipment to get on-par with someone with a few perks in the Alchemy tree and I can also make my weapons and/or armor improved ten-fold (enchanting Smithing clothes and the armor cap can easily be achieved). Enchantment is just the better choice to specialize in, imo.

Trust me, by the mid/end-game my character will have so much offense that having any defense will be practically redundant, but Enchantment takes care of that for me anyway. It's definitely a challenging build, especially on Master, but its extremely fun because you are always on your toes and some enemies you can just obliterate before they can even open their mouths to scream. If you are up for it, its definitely worth trying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts