Xbox 360 Vampirism. Pros and cons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
lets see here we got different point of views here...if you want to maximize your gear on head to head combat thats one set for you... probably you bring other armor that will benefit the situation like me i always bring 2 sets specially in dangerous situation i got a set with full defense and recovery rate as needed while on the other set after recovery i change set to go head on

I don't need to change sets when no enemies can defeat me. I'm capped at 80% damage reduction, 85% resist magicka (97% resist frost), and (I don't know the exact number) Block. While also having 1,171 base damage with my Dragonbone Sword, and 930 with my Dragonbone Bow, while both have 251 Chaos and 140-something Fire damage. So I don't think I'll need to create a set "for dangerous situations".

Slith

I don't need to change sets when no enemies can defeat me. I'm capped at 80% damage reduction, 85% resist magicka (97% resist frost), and (I don't know the exact number) Block. While also having 1,171 base damage with my Dragonbone Sword, and 930 with my Dragonbone Bow, while both have 251 Chaos and 140-something Fire damage. So I don't think I'll need to create a set "for dangerous situations".

ahah so your telling me your over powered then... that explains everything... well no discussion there... well i do roleplay and keep my character in par with my enemies strength to test my skills on gaming specially on dragons.. i dont want to spoil the fun of being near death right? its much fun if there is a equal or more than 50% that you will die right? or are you one of those players who likes killing not making the enemy fight back a little?

I find that knowing how to become overpowered without the exploitation of glitches tests your gaming skills as well. I do agree that getting yourself out of a near death experience brings much satisfaction, which is why I will sometimes find vast groups of enemies to simply beat on me while I block to see what they can do. I will also occasionally "test" my opponents before fighting them by sitting back and watching them take on either a Boneman, Mistman, or Wrathman (I make my choice on which in conjunction with my opponents battle strategy). If they win, I fight them, if not, I kill my conjured conjured creature of the Soul Cairn and move on (since I don't like having them follow me around, as it makes traveling...slow).

Slith

I find that knowing how to become overpowered without the exploitation of glitches tests your gaming skills as well. I do agree that getting yourself out of a near death experience brings much satisfaction, which is why I will sometimes find vast groups of enemies to simply beat on me while I block to see what they can do. I will also occasionally "test" my opponents before fighting them by sitting back and watching them take on either a Boneman, Mistman, or Wrathman (I make my choice on which in conjunction with my opponents battle strategy). If they win, I fight them, if not, I kill my conjured conjured creature of the Soul Cairn and move on (since I don't like having them follow me around, as it makes traveling...slow).

who said about glitches? you can be over powered at skyrim without glitches..what i am pointing out here is getting the full potential of the game playing like you will really die ingame getting the rush of in need to run.. besides if im a warrior i always go head on to the battle i dont use magic as for the role play of a real barbarian ahahahah anyway regardless of magic or non usage of magic thats your style of playing and enjoyment have fun dude we got a good discussion here hope people reading this can learn from it ahahah

who said about glitches? you can be over powered at skyrim without glitches..what i am pointing out here is getting the full potential of the game playing like you will really die ingame getting the rush of in need to run.. besides if im a warrior i always go head on to the battle i dont use magic as for the role play of a real barbarian ahahahah anyway regardless of magic or non usage of magic thats your style of playing and enjoyment have fun dude we got a good discussion here hope people reading this can learn from it ahahah

I simply mentioned glitches because with the exploitation of it you can become overpowered at the start of the game, rather than having to do a lot of questing and leveling to do it legit. I still find the game very enjoyable with my style of gameplay. The only forms of magic I use are restoration, illusion (when I'm testing my opponents), destruction (only for Flame Cloak), conjuration (when I'm testing my enemies, and for Arvak), and enchanting.

Fdugn545

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but... Post dawngaurd do townspeople really not care if you're a Lvl 4 vamp? I ask because that's the main reason I've never made a vamp build... Just wondering.

Fred

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but... Post dawngaurd do townspeople really not care if you're a Lvl 4 vamp? I ask because that's the main reason I've never made a vamp build... Just wondering.

Fred

Post-Dawnguard even if you're at stage 4 people don't attack you. They will, however, attack you if you're actually in your Vampire Lord form, and put a bounty of you if anyone sees it, much like with the Werewolves.

Fdugn545

Post-Dawnguard even if you're at stage 4 people don't attack you. They will, however, attack you if you're actually in your Vampire Lord form, and put a bounty of you if anyone sees it, much like with the Werewolves.
Okay thank you for clearing this up... I will make a vampire.

Okay thank you for clearing this up... I will make a vampire.

No problem, good luck. Also, in case there's any confusion, you only get a bounty if someone sees you transform, not if people only see you in your Vampire Lord form.

bogdanrus98

Kein drun nunon faaz. (War brings only pain)
I agree with orca45. If you don't mind killing uncountable innocents and guards to feed, and the fact that everyone hates you, then the vampire is for you. If you care about being a good man and doing the right thing for the world then you should stay away from vampires.

I agree with orca45. If you don't mind killing uncountable innocents and guards to feed, and the fact that everyone hates you, then the vampire is for you. If you care about being a good man and doing the right thing for the world then you should stay away from vampires.

You don't even need to feed. The 50% weakness to fire is easily countered, and you get 50% resistance to frost and enhanced abilities if you refrain from feeding.

bogdanrus98

Kein drun nunon faaz. (War brings only pain)
I meant that you need to feed to stop yourself from reaching stage 4( the final stage of vampire hunger).

I personally never become a vamp or werewolf. Feels like I'm losing control of my in game mission in helping others. But I know others really enjoy the " Dark Side " of SR and this is whats so cool about this RP Game it so flexable and gives many different paths to follow.

I thought I would hate being a Vampire Lord but it is alot of fun. I actually like it when the Dawnguard catches me in the daytime. It makes for some fun challenging fights. I did enchant some items to help with the stat regen. I just wish that drinking blood gave you bonuses and not drinking was more severe. As it is now I never feed.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I like crafting as much as like killing stuff. In fact, the only thing better than killing stuff is killing stuff with perfectly crafted weapons. The Genius Gear isn't enough... I need to join the ranks of the undead. There's no escaping it...
And to serve his High-Lord Draconic Vampire Lord in Immortaly

tx12001

I thought I would hate being a Vampire Lord but it is alot of fun. I actually like it when the Dawnguard catches me in the daytime. It makes for some fun challenging fights. I did enchant some items to help with the stat regen. I just wish that drinking blood gave you bonuses and not drinking was more severe. As it is now I never feed.
Are you Playing on the XBOX or the PLAYSTATION or Perhaps the PC
like me, I Find the Better Vampires mod far more enjoyable than the Vanilla Vampirism that your stuck with on the console - for one I Can stay underwater longer than an argonian know.

tx12001

So I just wanted to know what peoples views are on being a vampire in Skyrim. So far I have avoided it with a passion, but am thinking of trying it out, just for fun. Seeing I don't know much about what is involved, thought I'd ask you guys what are the pros and cons..?

I never played as a vamp and if you like magic, you DO NOT have to be a vamp either to be good. I don’t like vamps at all and here is my opinion on pros and cons :
CONS :
- People will hate you. Anytime you get at any town or close to people, they will attack you.
- During daytime, you will be weaker and most likely, Dawnguards will attack you in broad daylight
- Vamps are very weak to fire spells
- You will kill innocent people to get their blood and get stronger
- Inside tunnels, you will not be able to fly
- Guards and people can kill you with arrows from a distance while other will go into melee so you will have a hard time escaping alive if you are attacked by several guards / people.
- Wolves are immune to vampirism and will attack you as well

PROS :
- Ability to fly
- Powerful mage
- Able to move at night and darkness will be your ally to ambush and kill
- Dawnguard faction will not attack you at night so you are more powerful

Good luck while being one of them. Just my 2 cents .. :cool:
you forgot IMMORTALITY and You can Only Fly With A Mod like Royal Bloodline or the Bat Travel Mod which allow you to fly in a swarm of bats in Human Form, with the Better Vampires Mod I can jump 3 times higher hit 5 times harder and move Much faster than a mere Mortal and My 35% Immunity to Normal Weapons and that's just my human form now witness the True Power of the Vampire Lord....

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Are you playing with Dawnguard installed?

I just bought the DLC's today. I am going to build a brand new character and play the entire skyrim from the beginning..
In What Order?

This is what I've done so far: Killed first dragon at Whiterun, bit of the main quest , Companions up to becoming a were, Built first home, adopted children, dumped Lydia back at house, then Thieves Guild to get Nightingale armour, then Dawnstar quest completely finished, Main quest up to peace treaty, took Serana to Solestein to start Dragonborn, did some small quests on Solestein, collected two black books, Went back to skyrim, did some quests there, back to Solestein and now in the Temple of Miraak.

So I am still yet to finish companions, Thieves, start the Dark Brotherhood, and finish Main quest.