Xbox 360 Vampirism. Pros and cons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
So I just wanted to know what peoples views are on being a vampire in Skyrim. So far I have avoided it with a passion, but am thinking of trying it out, just for fun. Seeing I don't know much about what is involved, thought I'd ask you guys what are the pros and cons..?

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
My personal opinion is this...If you like to play as a warrior don't bother. Warriors need stamina and being out in the daylight will annoy the plops out of you. Trust me the novelty wears off pretty quick because the Dawnguard won't attack you at night when you want them to, you'll get ambushed at daytime. However, if mages are your thing then a vampire build is more viable. Their abilities compliment a mage's better I believe. Having said that though, you can create any character and enjoy them. Try everything and see what works for you. Happy slaughtering :p

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
My personal opinion is this...If you like to play as a warrior don't bother. Warriors need stamina and being out in the daylight will annoy the pl*** out of you. Trust me the novelty wears off pretty quick because the Dawnguard won't attack you at night when you want them to, you'll get ambushed at daytime. However, if mages are your thing then a vampire build is more viable. Their abilities compliment a mage's better I believe. Having said that though, you can create any character and enjoy them. Try everything and see what works for you. Happy slaughtering :p

Thanks for the advice. I normally play an assassin or assassin/mage with light armour.

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
I like daylight and the noise the game makes everytime you go into daylight as a vampire annoys me.

Vampire lord is really cool especially when perked out but i get bored of things easily.
When bored i go around the palace of the kings as a vampire lord killing everyone not losing more than 30 points of health.

Now i hate them and want to see them go down.

Slith

Depending on how u make a character and what equips that one has will vary if vampire is good or not... nothing is certain since dawnguard DLC takes out the city will attack you at level 4 u can go out in a daylight having 50% magic/health/stamina regen vary to your equipment.

its how you play it that counts... I'm a assasin bosmer vampire and i dont mind getting in the daylight
(note: no glitch) just get a suitable build for you it will come around probably

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I don't like being forced into that view personally. That's mostly why I avoid it.

LotusEater

I went Vampire strictly for the 25% increase for my Enchants...Necromage :)

I've thought about doing this just to push enchants. How hard is to function as a vampire lord if you rarely/never transform?

I don't transform, I don't feed, I literally just use it for boosting and better self heals, etc. You can walk around as Stage 4 and not be attacked with DG. Beside people's snide comments about my complexion and not regenerating my attributes while the sun is up, it's not much different than being normal. I also notice I get better checks using Illusion against higher level NPC's with the 25% Illusion trait.

LotusEater

I don't transform, I don't feed, I literally just use it for boosting and better self heals, etc. You can walk around as Stage 4 and not be attacked with DG. Beside people's snide comments about my complexion and not regenerating my attributes while the sun is up, it's not much different than being normal.

Ya. My next restart I'm gonna run that questline as a vampire and stay with it. As much as I love just running around with what I have and exploring, there will always be a part of me that craves those perfect numbers. I can't escape it.

LotusEater

I like crafting as much as like killing stuff. In fact, the only thing better than killing stuff is killing stuff with perfectly crafted weapons. The Genius Gear isn't enough... I need to join the ranks of the undead. There's no escaping it...

Haha, until it backfires. I one shotted myself attacking the Ebony Knight with my perfectly enchanted character when his spell reflection was up. I just slid down the hill on my face...

LotusEater

C'mon man... we know about the reality. Don't mess with the fantasy. :)

Just use the Lady Stone.

From the Wiki: The stone can help compensate for a vampire's lack of health and stamina regeneration during the day.

Also, do the Aetherium quest and get the Aetherium crown so you can use two standing stones.

Reaper87

吉光
I think it would be more realistic if when you wear hoods, your stamina regenerates in the sunlight - possibly like Serana. Does the sun just need to shine on your head? Would wearing hoods block it out? Just a thought.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
So I just wanted to know what peoples views are on being a vampire in Skyrim. So far I have avoided it with a passion, but am thinking of trying it out, just for fun. Seeing I don't know much about what is involved, thought I'd ask you guys what are the pros and cons..?

I never played as a vamp and if you like magic, you DO NOT have to be a vamp either to be good. I don’t like vamps at all and here is my opinion on pros and cons :
CONS :
- People will hate you. Anytime you get at any town or close to people, they will attack you.
- During daytime, you will be weaker and most likely, Dawnguards will attack you in broad daylight
- Vamps are very weak to fire spells
- You will kill innocent people to get their blood and get stronger
- Inside tunnels, you will not be able to fly
- Guards and people can kill you with arrows from a distance while other will go into melee so you will have a hard time escaping alive if you are attacked by several guards / people.
- Wolves are immune to vampirism and will attack you as well

PROS :
- Ability to fly
- Powerful mage
- Able to move at night and darkness will be your ally to ambush and kill
- Dawnguard faction will not attack you at night so you are more powerful

Good luck while being one of them. Just my 2 cents .. :cool:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts