Vampire Lord perks, review and discussion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Balance

Own Face.
Originally posted on my site, permalink here. Enjoy!

The other (and far better in just about every way) new perk tree in Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion is that of the Vampire Lord. While werewolves get some speedy heavy hitting, Vampire Lords get an array of new spells and abilities coupled with some very cool looking special effects and a Darth Vader like force power (Just kidding - kind of).

It's important to note a few things. All your regular vampire traits, side effects, bonuses and penalties are still 100% in tact. Vampire Lord is a form you assume, not an automatic upgrade. Also, similar to lycanthropy (werewolves) you don't gain perk points traditionally upon leveling up, you must consume life blood from a power attack (bite) or drain life spell to make your way through this tree!
Also, the perk tree image looks bad ass as well.​

Power of the Grave: 50 extra Health, Stamina and Magicka while transformed. Nice.

Detect All Creatures: Lets you... detect all creatures.

Mist Form: Makes you invulnerable and transforms you into a cloud while you regenerate Health, Stamina and Magicka. Very useful.

Supernatural Reflexes: You speed up, enemies slow down. This can be a little hard to get used to, as you need to adjust your play for the fact that you're now an unstoppable powerhouse of destruction. After a few minutes of playing with the new perk, you'll get used to it.

Unearthly Will: A 33% reduction in all Night and Blood Magic power cost. Less cost = more abilities = more dead things.

Poison Talons: Melee attacks deal 20 additional poison damage, this obviously has no effect on things already immune to poison.

Night Cloak: A cloak spell that replaces fire, lightning or ice with a cloud of bats. Very cool. Very deadly.

Blood Healing: If you kill an enemy with a Bite (power attack), you'll fully restore your Health. Obviously fantastic for mid-fight healing.

Vampiric Grip: Pulls an enemy to you and chokes them. May the force be with you.

Summon Gargoyle: You summon a Gargoyle, a new enemy time that came with the Dawnguard expansion. Useful against most enemies, useless against very strong enemies as it usually gets killed/disabled/randomly disappears for no reason often.

Corpse Curse: Paralyze x10. Probably the best single-target/use ability in the game. Works on just about everything (except very powerful enemies).

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I'm trying real hard not to complain about it, but reading all this makes me long for the DLC. I was new to TES when I purchased Skyrim and the main selling point for me when I bought it was the ability to become a vampire. I've been in love the vampire myth since I was 13. Then, I hear there's a game out, a free-roam RPG, that allows you to live as a vampire, disadvantages and all, was like music to my ears.

So you can image waiting for the DLC is hard for me, knowing that there is a better vampire form that I can't play yet.

Oh well. :sadface: Metal Gear Solid is keeping me busy during my leisure time.

...you must feed on sleeping humanoids in order to progress deeper into the Vampire Lord perk tree.
I thought you had to either kill people using vampiric drain in vampire lord form, or get a cinematic kill while using claws to get perk points. I didn't think that feeding off sleeping NPCs added to the perk progression.

The Balance

Own Face.
I thought you had to either kill people using vampiric drain in vampire lord form, or get a cinematic kill while using claws to get perk points. I didn't think that feeding off sleeping NPCs added to the perk progression.

I stand corrected, and good catch! That was leftover from a previous version of the article. It's been corrected.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts