• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I started a new character the other day and followed Ralof to Riverwood. We were walking to Gerdurs house and there in the middle of the street, outside the Riverwood Trader was Faendal....dead! No idea why. Camilla is beside herself, and I am pissed as I wanted him as a follower/trainer.
Anyone else had an unexplainable death of a NPC?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I've seen NPC's and animals spawn in mid air and drop to their deaths. Maybe this happened to him when you entered the zone and he spawned. The Arch Mage at the College spawned like that once and only survived because he is essential.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
That death isnt unexplainable ! It obvious Sven got tired of Faendals pl*ps XD !

Wildroses

I started a new character the other day and followed Ralof to Riverwood. We were walking to Gerdurs house and there in the middle of the street, outside the Riverwood Trader was Faendal....dead! No idea why. Camilla is beside herself, and I am pissed as I wanted him as a follower/trainer.

That happened to me as well! I came back from Bleak Falls Barrow in the late afternoon to find Faendal lying dead in the main street. To this day I have no clue what killed him, but eventually concluded it was Sven.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

That happened to me as well! I came back from Bleak Falls Barrow in the late afternoon to find Faendal lying dead in the main street. To this day I have no clue what killed him, but eventually concluded it was Sven.

I was so pissed off. I nearly ended that character because of it. I had barely started the game, Me and Ralof had only just arrived at Riverwood, and there is Faendal, all bent up like a pretzel. There was a suspicious looking cart standing near him.. I think you may be right...I think Sven ran him over with the cart of cabbages! :eek:

Chadonraz

I would have to agree on the "spawning in the air" theory. I, too, have seen it happen. Like one time when a trio of Imps spawned near the Reach SC camp, almost but not quite on the road, and fell to their instant deaths. :D

One of the Whiterun Guards who are sent to Riverwood once died a completely inexplicable death. I discovered his body as I headed to BFB (so, a dragon couldn't have killed him) at level 1 or 2.

As far as I know, random encounter areas only spawn encounters when the PC approaches them, and I was well behind the guards, so it couldn't have been that either.

I had also killed the wolf near the road (not that a wolf would be able to kill a guard under normal circumstances, anyway).

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Walking around the Reach I've had Hagravens and Forsworn fall out of the sky when I was walking down the road. At first I was unfazed, then just looted the Hagraven and then another body fell and then another further along. What made it quite amusing was that I had drank Sleeping Tree Sap so my character must of been freaking out while he was on the trip with dead people falling from the sky.

Clau

The Fateless One
This happens to me too. It involves Synda Llanith, wife of Dravin Llanith of the Merryfair Farm outside Riften. Most of my saves I found her dead with two or three guards looking on.

My suspects are:

1. Roaming bandits
2. Spiders

Can civilians be attacked while you are not within the vicinity?

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Vampire attacks tend to cause the death of most of town NPC's.

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
How about we bring in Sherlock to investigate this. Say "A Study in Skyrim" or maybe "The Whiterun Hold Mystery". What do you think?? Shall we visit ______ (*scratches head* uhh... any suggestions for a street name guys, I'm stumped).

"Elementary, my dear Dovahkiin":D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts