• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chryss

I am getting better with horses, really I am. They last a little longer and don't die as often. I don't have Shadowmere yet so I make do with the ones I can buy.

Picture this; I get to Bonestrewn Crest, on my horse. A Dragon attacks, I put my horse at a safe distance. Oh crap, 2 dragons. OK, I can do this.....I kill the first, here comes my horse, *sigh* ....working on the second dragon, OH MY!! WTF is a Giant doing here. Horse runs off, killed the dragon, working on the Giant, Mammoth off to the right, I peek over my shoulder, Horse is safe. I kill the Giant, get to work on the Mammoth. " I can do this, I can do this" "Horse is safe, YAY!!"

Mammoth is dead!! 2 Dragons dead!! Giant is dead!! here comes my horse at full speed running past me chased by a sabre cat....Yes, The Horse fought well to the end, I couldn't get there in time, Horse is dead and I sliced the Sabre Cat to little pieces.

This is why I love Skyrim so much. Unexpected Epic Moments like this that no one understands unless you play the game.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
That's hilarious. I love it when that happens, being a pawn in the Skyrim-chaos is what it's all about.

I was slaying a dragon in 3rd-person (yeah, I use 3rd-person, I'm weird.) Well, as I'm battling the dragon on the ground, a giant literally runs into frame and gives me the 'ol home run swing--I only had enough time to cuss before he brought the hammer down on me. Instant death, but it was pretty funny and I had a couple laughing witnesses watching.

Chryss

I love the epic moments like this. If anyone else has a story to share please put it here. Would love to read them.

I don't usually play with dragons (I skip going to Whiterun), so mine is epic only due to context and outcome.

My wood elf went hunting with Faendal for months near Riverwood to kill enough wolves, foxes, and elk needed to make the 5000 septims that we needed to take a vacation to Riften. (Self-imposed restriction at the beginning of the game. Varying amounts of gold were required to "unlock" certain cities.)

We finally get to Riften, drink two jugs of milk purchased fom Marise Arivel (milk = Bosmer jagga in my roleplay), then head out for some hunting. A minute into our hunt, we're battling three bandits dressed as Imperial soldiers, two frostbite spiders, and two bears. I noticed that I only had a few minor healing potions, but I used slow time to one-shot the spiders and two of the bandits. I'm duking it out with the toughest bandit and fending off the bear, while Faendal holds off the other bear LIKE A BOSS.

With dwindling health from a bear and a leveled bandit giving me the business, I break out the "Command Animal" Bosmer power for the first time ever. The bear that's working me over sprints to the other bear that's attacking Faendal and destroys it. I finish off the leveled bandit, then walk over only to find Faendal dead, likely from the bear I commanded, as he was probably killed in the crossfire of a vicious bear battle caused by me.

My whole roleplay was contingent upon keeping Faendal alive to a certain point in the story, so I considered reloading, but then I thought it was an epic way for him to die so I ran with it and kept going.

Wildroses

My current roleplay has produced several over the weekend, both in combat and via the roleplay. It all started with this post I made in the wow moments:

I just had the most epic fight. It lasted half an hour. I was walking home in the dark to where my household and family were safely sleeping in Lakeview Manor. It all started when I spotted a Vigilant of Stendarr casting the blue alteration magic spell on herself. I thought: "Oh she is fighting an Atronauch, I need Fire Salts so I will give her a hand." I get over there and it's two pit wolves and an ancient vampire. On master. On a dead is dead playthrough.

The vampire just wouldn't die (in fact, I seriously wonder if there were two). We kept running back and forth around and in the lake. At one point we all accidentally went too deep and all stopped fighting. When the vampire tried to turn itself invisible towards the end I could see the pattern of the water where she was. In it all we stumbled across two hunter camps. Both hunters and the Vigilant fell in battle and were bought back by the vampire to cause me instant problems. A frostbite spider and another wolf decided to join in. I swear, I levelled up my archery and one handed twice each in that fight. She just wouldn't die. But neither would I. I knew there was a reason I lugged 100 or so health and stamina potions everywhere with me. I think I went through three quarters of them. So don't regret putting all those perks into alchemy and investing in alchemy enhancing equipment. Only that and Lydia helped me survive. And I'm sure at the back of her mind in that fight she was thinking: "Divines help me, my daughters are asleep not far from here."

Flash forward a few in-game days later to Morthal. That fight had been the most dangerous one of that character's Skyrim life so far, very close to her children. So far, that character had fought three battles against dragons, two of them in Falkreath. She was having serious doubts about how safe Lakeview Manor was as she walked around Morthal. As she was investigating the fire and uncovering the vampire plot, it occurred to her that this quiet little town would be much safer than her current place of residence once the vampire's had been wiped out. She eagerly agreed to do so when the Jarl asked her, raced outside to the angry mob, checked her map to find Morvath's Lair...then a guard screamed: "Everybody, get inside right now!"

Yes, a frost dragon attacked this quiet little town my character was planning to move her children to for safety, right as the angry mob were about to slay the vampires. My character was fuming, I was laughing. What happened to the angry mob I'm not sure as I only saw guards and Lydia as I raced around Morthal, but I did find Lami's body later. Once it finally fell it was late and my character was exhausted and disgusted, so she went to bed. Next morning walking home purely by chance she stumbled across the angry mob sans Lami standing by the cave having spent the entire night refusing to go inside. As she has backstory reasons to hate vampires, she cleared the cave before going home.

Picking leeks in the garden, I tried to decide what would my character would do about her child safety issue, I thought: "Well, nothing has actually attacked Lakeview Manor directly. Maybe it would be okay to stay." Then I heard: "...get enough gold...buy and island...retire...WELL LOOKEE HERE BOYS WE GOT OURSELVES A HERO!"

One dead bandit chief and two dead bandit outlaws later, she goes inside where Sofie begs to keep a snow fox. In my head, what happened was she marched inside in a high temper going: "Yes, you can keep the fox. Lydia, get all those spare nails and iron ingots out of that chest! I'm going to cook enough stew for two days now because tomorrow morning I'm going to Morthal, buying some land and building a house. Start packing, because we are moving at the end of those two days! I don't care how pretty the lake is here!"

Kryptic

2 dragons, 1 fighting a giant the other fighting a mammoth. I watch then when they are low on health clean all 4 up! I then check chest at giants camp and find an enchanted daedric chestplate and dragon plate boots of the mammoth (50+ carry capacity!)

Final loot:
6 dragon bones
6 dragon scales
Daedric chestplate of major health
Dragonplate boots of the mammoth
Giants toe.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts