Undead Rogue`s Gallery : Thralls

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Galmar_Stone-Fist.png

Galmar Stone-Fist --
can only be killed if the Imperials take Windhelm

CombatWarrior1H class
Scales to level 30
Does not moan !
Permanent corpse

Personal attributes unknown. (can anyone find his hp/mp/sp?)
By observation , he appears to be as strong as a bandit boss but without the Extra Damage perk.

His class skill of Heavy Armor is mismatched to his default gear so it is suggested to add Fortify Light Armor enchants to his chest and hands if you can.

Catering to my sense of the ironic , he is wielding the Glass Sword of Leeching that was used to kill his boss.:ashstab:

8.6 out of 10

Notes-
My run-through of the Civil War was glitched throughout.
Rikke`s dialogue was uncooperative and soldiers would often fail to spawn at the forts.
Lots of saves and reloads finally got me to the finish.
But it did feature 2 dragon attacks ! My first of this game inside the walls of Solitude and another at Eastmarch Imperial Camp where Miraak made an appearance

My corpse of Ulfric is bugged . He can be thralled but body almost immediately dies again(as if a scripted death NPC). Ah well, I like Galmar better anyway. Such are the dangers of Necromancy.
{UPDATE - Leaving Windhelm , cutting off game , and restarting , I returned to the Palace of Kings and Ulfric`s corpse operates normally. I`ll report on him later if someone doesn`t beat me to it.}

Ulfric`s clothes look quite nice on a female character btw

Adam Warlock

600px-SR-npc-Telrav.jpg

Telrav-

Imperial Bandit Archer
Radiant scale up to level 25
Moans

Stats at top level = 489 HP, 25 Mp, 248 SP

Unarmored but better at sneaking than most thralls especially with muffled boots.
As you would expect , he prefers to fight from range but has decent 1H skills if cornered.
Will use Flesh Armor Scrolls and/or Shield for protection , Blocking is only so-so.

Warning ! - If you have killed Telrav , always make a save before asking about a bounty hunt from the Rift. Do not accept a bounty directed to Nilheim as the site will not respawn

7.4 out of 10

Adam Warlock

600px-SR-npc-Ulfric_Stormcloak.jpg

Ulfric Stormcloak -

CombatWarrior1H
Scales 1.2xDB up to 50 so becomes unthrallable at higher levels
Can only be killed if Windhelm is taken by the Imperials
Does not moan and retains battle vocal clips
Uses Fus Ro Dah with normal cooldown rate
Permanent corpse

Attributes/skills the same as a follower housecarl (level dependent)
No perks

Armor rating is atrocious and his bracers can`t be tempered.
Will use shield and/or Flesh Armor scrolls.

As you would expect , he`s most vulnerable to physical attacks and lost rather handily to a Werebear on Solstheim.

Redeeming grace to his squishiness are his combat taunts , especially the way he laughs HAHAHAHA at his foes !

Rating - 9 out of 10

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
Galmar's stats are H388, M50, S147. Ulfric's stats: H621, M50, S214. And can't you just temper Galmar's clothes to the armor cap w/o using Fortify Light Armor? With the help of the Enchanting/Alchemy loop (not restoglitching), Fortify Smithing potions and gear, and Necromage as a vampire, (and some helmet stacking glitches as a vampire) it's entirely possible. You don't even need to do all those actually...

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Chief_Yamarz.jpg

Chief Yamarz

Literally an "Orc Warrior" (that's his Class...) although not so much as you progress through Malacath's daedric quest. He is the chieftain of Largashbur and his orc tribe is cursed because of his laziness and poor worth as a warrior. In order for him to have his full health pool, you must kill the giant at Malacath's shrine yourself and then face off with him.

Levels up to 20 (pretty low level but his high health more than makes up for it)
Needs to be anchored

Health 1271
Magicka 114
Stamina 50

Primary Skills: Heavy Armor 66, 1H 61, Archery 43, Sneak 43

Initial Armor Rating: 228

Advantages (+):
+ a whopping 1271 hp!!!
+ Full set of Orchish Armor for tempering and enchanting
+ amount of health and full armor makes dual wielding extremely viable for him
Disadvantages (-):
-lv.20 so he can be resurrected, if killed, by necromancers/vampires and turned to ash (STAY AWAY SERANA!!!)
-mediocre stats for an orc warrior (none reach 70)
-low amount of stamina (50) means less power attacks

One of my favorite thralls because there are not that many good named Orc thralls, all I can think of are Ghunzul, Old Orc, Mogrul, and maybe Mogrul. Lurbuk sucks. When he has a shield to use, he blocks way to much, barely even attacking. Therefore, he truly shines as a dual wielder; if only he could use Berserker Rage... With a full set of Orchish Armor, it will be extremely easy to bring him up to the armor cap (567) and there are extra enchanting slots, too. Although, some of them will be useless for him. Put two resists on his boots and use Fortify Stamina/Stamina Regen. where ever else you can put 'em. You can use also use Fortify Heavy Armor if you can't quite reach the armor cap. Give him 2 1handed weapons (1 has to be a Forsworn weapon), tempered to Legendary and he'll be mopping the floor with enemies. You won't even have to put Absorb Health enchantments for survival because of the amount of health he has. His only weakness I can think of now would be Legendary Dragons w/ Drain Vitality and Falmer w/ their pets and poisons. Oh, and magic...

I'll give him a 9.2/10 for his huge health pool and survivability over other melee thralls.

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
Kematu -

Redguard warrior requires anchor for permanency
Scales 1.2xDB up to 50 so is thrallable at DB lvl33 or less.
At level 30-33 has @ 500 HP and a deep pool of Stamina.
No perks but highest skill is 1h.
Dual wields his scimitars to deadly effect and will use any bow/arrow .
Tolerable moan.
Perhaps the strongest melee NPC who wears no armor.
He`s a big brute and the character rendering is top-notch

Ideal for a DPS role or if you want to add a Redguard/corsair flavor to your undead troop.
Due to lack of armor protection , it is suggested to enchant his weapon(s) with Absorb Health to keep him on his feet longer.
He will also utilize Flesh Armor Scrolls if in his inventory.

8.5 out of 10
Stats when you're level 34 (he's level 40 by this time):
Health 529
Magicka 50
Stamina 256
One Handed 100
Two Handed 100
Block 78
Light Armor 73

Stats at lv.50:
Health 639
Magicka 50
Stamina 296
One Handed 100
Two Handed 100
Block 100
Light Armor 100

Adam Warlock

600px-SR-npc-Elenwen.jpg

Elenwen -

Altmer CombatSorceror
Level 30
292 HP , 195 MP , 98 SP
Mage Armor , Ward , fire/frost/shock spells, and Storm Atronach
Does not moan

Contrary to reports that she is essential until Alduin is defeated , she was acquired as my thrall before calling Ohdahving to Whiterun.
I believe this was possible because I have previously completed the Civil War and her active involvement in the game ceases with Season Unending.

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Kesh_the_Clean.jpg

Kesh the Clean
Khajiit Spellsword
Max Level: 40

Health 375
Magicka 180
Stamina 180

Primary Skills: Destruction 100, Heavy Armor 100, 1H 100, Restoration 73

Ah yes. Kesh the Clean. I guess he's "Clean" because he is the only worshipper of Peryite who is not Afflicted. I'm willing to bet many people don't ever think to thrall him because everyone's after the overhyped Orchendor in the same quest.

He is one of the few Khajiit you might ever think of thralling. All I can think of are Kharjo, J'zargo (with his annoying Sparks spam), and J'darr from Alfthand. That is very few and their moan is extremely tolerable, it almost sounds like they're hissing.

He wears an interesting set up of clothing: an Alik'r Hood with Miner's Clothes, Gloves, and Boots. More than 2 pieces of enchantable clothing is always great to have in a thrall. Another great thing is his level cap of 40. Very few melee thralls ever pass the level 30 cap for the Disarm shout so Kesh will have no problems losing his weapons to Draugr Deathlords.

He doesn't seem like a fighter you say? Well as a level 40 NPC, he'll naturally have some high skills such as 100 One Handed and 100 Destruction. But he doesn't use magic you say? Well, because of his high Destruction skill he has way more uses in a Destruction staff than an NPC who barely has any skill in Destruction at all, and even you! Let's compare: With a Staff of Fireballs and 100 Destruction, you can only cast 25 uses at the most. Chief Yamarz with his 15 Destruction will be able to cast 41 uses. NOW!!! Kesh the Clean can cast 102 USES with a Staff of Fireballs and 100 Destruction!!! Such a huge difference from you yourself! Yet another aspect where NPCs are better than your Dragonborn.... Obviously, it is better to equip him with Destruction staves than bow n' arrows so I shouldn't even have to post his Archery skill.....

Even though he is a lv.40 NPC, Kesh has noticably lower health than Bandit Plunderers and no armor protection whatsoever so you'll have to use him to his strengths, shooting magical projectiles from afar, but when enemies get too close and he pulls out his weapons, they'll be sure to take lots of damage with his 100 One Handed. This little kitty is a ferocious man-eating lion when cornered! I would consider him a glass cannon in this respect. In would him dual wield for best dps but if he doesn't seem to be surviving very well, then give him a shield (he DOES have 100 Heavy Armor btw). For more defense and survival, give him armor scrolls and healing potions.

Because of his super high number of Destruction staff uses, 100 One Handed, full set of clothes, relatively low health, and 0 armor protection he gets an 8/10 for being a special cat!:)

And the most important thing I forgot to mention: HE'S PERMANENT!!!

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Beem-Ja.jpg

Beem-Ja

Argonian Sorcerer
Level 30

Health 292
Magicka 295
Stamina 88

Primary Skills: Destruction 78, Illusion 79, Heavy Armor 57, One Handed 57

Perks: Apprentice Destruction

It's the Wizard Lizard! Yes, Beem-Ja himself, in the flesh, or should I say in the scales? Whatever, anyways, this scaly bastard(this actually referred to the dragons) is found near the nonrespawning Ironbind Barrow. At the end of the dungeon Beem-Ja turns on you and can possibly resurrect Warlord Gathrik as long as he was not a Dragon Priest. What's interesting is Beem-Ja didn't use a typical Reanimate spell because even if he dies, Gathrik will still continue to live and fight you. After both are killed Salma mourns his death. You may kill her for her Steel Plate armor and 'Letter to Salma' anchor item if you're truly evil and thrall her but she will disappear the moment you leave Ironbind Barrow anyway. Aww man, she even had a couple perks too... Oh well, moving on. Hopefully your intention was actually to thrall Beem-Ja instead of her.
Beem-Ja is not one of the best mages but a favorite one I like to use because there are like only 2 noticable Argonian thralls in the game: Beem-Ja and Deeja. Deeja's brother, Jaree-Ra, would be mentionable too if only he could leave Broken Oar Grotto....
First things first, he needs to be anchored. His 'Letter to Beem-Ja' has been said to be a usable anchor but you should just test that one out for a bit.
  • Beem-Ja can be revived and makes an excellent support character if the Dragonborn has the Dead Thrall spell.
Taken from the Elder Scrolls Wiki. Not sure if he's excellent but he can be a pretty decent support thrall. He has a Destruction circlet(which he can't even use for himself), Blue Mage Robes(automatic 50% faster magic regen), enchantable boots and GLOVES, something most mages DON'T HAVE. Adding extra Magicka for the gloves on a mage is always helpful. His most noticable and only battle strategy is to spam those Lightning Bolts like there's no tomorrow. His continued rythmic spamming is partially helped from his Apprentice Destruction perk. No matter how close the enemy is in on his face, he'll never pull out a weapon, continuing with casting his Bolts. The only time he'll use weapons is if his magicka is drained completely like if J'zargo kept spamming Sparks on him. Truth be told, Lightning Bolt is the only spell he'll ever use, no healing or flesh spells. Beem-Ja will have to stand back the whole time if he wants to survive with his meager 292 hp. He won't use Destruction and Summon Staves all the time. He'll use flesh, cloak, Atronach, and healing scrolls as first priority though. Beem-Ja's best niche is to stand back and keep casting his Lightning Bolts, chipping damage off of enemies to get you ready for the kill as a true support character should unlike Sild casting his Fireballs, causing friendly fire in the process.

The wizard lizard will get a 7.1/10 for decent support character, limited spell pool(only one spell seriously?), low health, 0 armor rating (doesn't even use flesh spells...), and reluctance to use weapons unless magicka is drained, oh, and gloves.

Adam Warlock

600px-DB-npc-Ildari_Sarothril.jpg

Ildari Sarothril --

Dunmer CombatMageConjurer
Scales with DB up to level 70 but still with very powerful attributes if thralled at level 40 or below
Permanent with anchor
Moans
Wears Telvanni Robes only

Mage armor , Wards , Ice Storm/Lightning Bolt attacks , and a level dependent Atronach summons

Useful perks - Augments(1) for frost and shock , Magic Resistance , Impact , Atromancy , Summoner , Light Foot , Stability , Recovery , Regeneration , Muffled Movement

Immune to paralysis ! -users of the master level Alteration spell/scroll of Mass Paralysis take special note since that attack can create a friendly-fire effect on almost all other minions

Rating at level 40 - 8.6 out of 10 with extra RP points due to her unique robes/imbedded heart stone

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-DB-npc-General_Falx_Carius.jpg

General Falx Carius
Imperial CombatWarrior2H
Scales at a huge PCx1.5 your level (min.25)
Stats at lv. 40 (You'd be lv. 27):

Health 580
Magicka 50
Stamina 230

Primary Skills: 2H 100, Heavy Armor 100, Archery 73, Block 78
Perks: Champion's Stance, Barbarian (Rank 4), Juggernaut (Rank 4), Skullcrusher (Rank 2), Well Fitted

Initial Armor Rating: 166

Next up, we'll go with the man Ildari Sarothril raised and failed at controlling right? I mean he must be pretty strong since she was trying to control him. Nah, just kidding. The embedded Heartstone made him stronger but also gave him free will which seemed to revive his soul back into his body or it could be just that the body has all the memories before he died. Ildari stuck a Heartstone on him so the effects of necromancy would not wear off of him. Obviously, she's never heard of Dead Thrall.

Originally, he was a captain back in the Bloodmoon expansion of TESIII: Morrowind but now, he's a general implying the Nerevarine spared his life before Red Mountain erupted and covered Fort Frostmouth in ashes. As all captains and generals should be pretty experienced in combat, Carius has quite the bit of 2 Handed perks, wielding that Champion's Cudgel with deadly power. None of his armor (which is a recoloration of Tullius' armor) is removable and thus not temperable and enchantable so he'll have to rely on his weapon and blocking skill for survival. You can also throw in staves and scrolls for more survival and variety.

The biggest drawback to using Falx Carius as a thrall through an extended playthrough is his huge level scaling. With a leveling of 1.5x your level you will only be able to keep dead thralling him up until a low level of 27 (1.5x27=40.5=40). There are many events in the game that force your thralls to die or disappear(Season Unending, staying in the Soul Cairn or Apocrypha for an extended amount of time, etc.) I believe Falx Carius actually has no level cap so he will eventually pass the Ritual Stone cap of 75 (93 for actual undead). If you plan on keeping him thralled forever then you'll have to stuff him up with a buttload of healing potions and continuous use of Necromantic Healing/Heal Undead. He won't recharge his own weapons either so Absorb Health is not a long term option....

For roleplay, I started a game where I got Dead Thrall as early as I can so I could thrall Carius and Sulla Trebatius (man it was so hard to get passed all those Falmer that early in the game w/o dying), and then I got Adelaisa Vendicci as a follower (the only time I ever used her) and played through the Imperial Civil War questline with these 3 Imperials in Imperial armor. It was so funny and realistic to hear Carius say, "Glory to the Empire!" as he was cutting down Stormcloak after Stormcloak with ease. Sulla would occasionally accidentally pick fights with Carius and Adelaisa, though...

The General will get an extremely generous 7/10 for great perks and the lost points are for irremovable clothing and limited thralling time before he becomes unthrallable. He has an annoying moan, too.... And he needs to be anchored if you just want the body of the General laying around Castle Dour in the presence the other General.

EDIT: UPDATED STATS!

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Cicero.jpg

Cicero
Imperial CombatAssassin
Level 40 (As a Dead Thrall)
Location: Loreius Farm, Falkreath Sanctuary, Dawnstar Sanctuary

Health 375
Magicka 115
Stamina 245

Primary Skills: 1H 100, Sneak 100, Archery 73, Light Armor 73

Level 50 (As a Follower)
Health 558
Magicka 132
Stamina 295

Primary Skills: 1H 100, Sneak 100, Archery 97, Light Armor 97

Sweet, sweet Cicero. Oh how much I loved to kill you in different ways, every single time, just to dupe your extremely valuable clothes. Whether it be suicide to a group of Bandits, fly away by Giants, get eaten by Dragons, eat your face off as a Werewolf, or Fus Ro Dah you off the Throat of the World, didn't matter, your clothes made me rich!... in a game that is so easy to get rich quick anyway..... and then I reloaded my save before killing Cicero.... And that's where the differences end between him as a Dead Thrall and a Follower.

Truth is, he's WAY better as a follower as almost any companion is (except Illia, she's better dead). The most obvious difference is follower Cicero lasts way longer than dead thrall Cicero before he drops to his knees. This is because the Cicero you can kill is capped at 40, while the one as a follower is capped at 50, same as Serana, Erandur, the Circle Companions, and Housecarls. The dead Cicero's level is why you can thrall him and he's also actually PERMANENT! Not only can poor Cicero die, joining his dear Mother in the Void, his corpse can also be near her, too, at all times. Although, he can no longer preserve her. "Ugh! What's that smell? I knew I should've let that annoying jester live..."

Most people's reasons to kill poor Cicero is not only because he's annoying (subjective), but they want his unique clothing too (for money and looks). The Jester's Outfit won't do because it's just not as strong and expensive as Cicero's. Well, truth is, you can get it from him alive also. You don't need any perks whatsoever to do this. Just give him armor to wear so he takes off his clothes, dismiss him, PARALYZE HIM, and as he starts getting up, pickpocket him. Even 0% will be easily pickpocketed. This also hilariously works for the Ebony Warrior but you need to ragdoll and Pacify him because he can't be paralyzed and he'll aggro. Now you have absolutely no legitimate reason to kill Cicero except for the entirely ridiculous reason of he's annoying.

Now, for the actual review. Dead thrall Cicero has high One Handed and limited Block skill so him dual wielding is the most effective setup. Because his original outfit is clothing, it can't be tempered and enchanted either. The worst thing about him is his 0 armor rating. A benefit of him being a Dead Thrall over a Follower is that he can produce unlimited arrows because all dead thralls can. Follower Cicero has no default follower Hunting Bow so he has to be continuously be supplied with arrows if you want him to be an archer. The only downside to him being dead over alive is he's not as strong (level 40 compared to 50), and he can't wear other armor. An interesting difference between the two is that they both have different combat dialogue. Dead Cicero spews out lines like "HAHAHA, I'm bleeding! AHHHAHAHAHA!" or ""Come on! Do it again! HAAHAHAHAHA!" like a true masochist mostly because this is the bleeding Cicero before he died. He also says ""D'ow! Cheap shot!", "Who's the fool now?!", and "For the Night Mother!" when he's fighting against you. Alive, Cicero says, "Diiiiiiiie!", "Fall, damn you!" or "You're as good as dead!" Quite different actually. By now, you should already tell that he has a unique voice so he won't moan. He'll also say something about the current Hold you're in. He'll work perfectly with summon and Destruction staves.

9.5/10 WHY? Because he has extreme roleplay value with his unique lines and clothing. Not only does he look and sound fine, he's an extremely superb fighter with one of the best DPS in the game when dual wielding. I also like that masochistic nature of his Dead Thrall personality too. The 0.5 points lost is because of no armor and enchant slots but the unique clothes is where most of his charm is anyway. Even as a follower, I still don't give him any armor because the jester look is just so naturally fitting for him. Only for really challenging dungeons do I suit up poor Cicero with a full set of Elven Armor and an Elven & Forsworn Sword. Again, he's WAY better as a follower than a Dead Thrall. Most of the given points is just for his retained personality and mad dancing.

My favorite line of his: (On Road and caught pickpocketing Cicero) "What do you expect to find? My juggling balls? He he."

EDIT: UPDATED STATS.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
XQCuack.jpg

For my first Thrall attempt, I used the "Challenger" after defeating him in magical combat. He has proven to be a pretty good Thrall, and really likes to fire off Ice Spike; the guy never seems to miss with those things and he dual casts them to great effectiveness. He uses Lightning Bolt frequently as well. He has a default Steel Dagger as melee backup.

According to the wiki, he randomly appears to challenge you to a magic duel when you hit Adept level in any magic skill, and his stats vary according to your level:

Race: Breton
Type: Bandit Wizard
Health: Radiant (35-441)
Magicka: Radiant (100-294)
Stamina: Radiant (50-150)

I tried the trick you guys suggested of "anchoring" him with Treasure Map 1 so hopefully that keeps him around a bit longer.

(thanks again for the help in this thread and the other one - - really some great tips and ideas to be found here!)

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Velehk_Sain.jpg

Velehk Sain

Dremora CombatWarrior1H
Level: 4

Health 85
Magicka 50
Stamina 60

Primary Skills: Heavy Armor 22, 1H 22, Archery 19, Block 19

The "Pirate King of the Abecean". It's a wonder how he got a book eponymously named after him, saying he supposedly "sunk an Imperial Galleon off the coast" of Skyrim (probably Pilgrim's Trench). I guess any pirate captain is not be as strong as they seem without their crew. Sarcasm aside, Velehk is a really cool thrall. He's the only Dremora that is uniquely named that can be a thrall. Being a Dremora, he retains his Dremora unique dialogue. Boy, hearing "I'll feast on your heart!" never gets old. He also has the look of a pirate with Redguard clothing and 2 Schimitars (which he can't dual wield anyway). Also, with any Dremora, he won't turn to ash from any reanimation spells and disintegrate from any shock spells with the Disintegrate perk whatsoever so he's a good thrall to use at early levels when you don't quite have the Dead Thrall spell yet although you can still decapitate him rendering him impossible to raise again. Best of all, he's PERMANENT!

For those of you that want both him and his treasure, there's a way. You need a Staff of Paralysis and the Wabbajack. After Velehk gives you the map, exit dialogue and shoot the staves at him at the same time. This should turn Velehk into an animal or armored Dremora and after the transformation ends, just kill him. It should take a few tries to do this. The treasure should magically appear, in a purple aura, under the Talos statue near Pilgrim's Trench even with Velehk Sain with you. All the superficial details aside, he sucks....

I wouldn't discourage anyone from using him because he sucks. I've already stated what makes him cool so now we'll see what makes him suck. Well, first of all, he's level 4.... He has 85 Health and 60 Stamina because of that low level. He has no armor rating whatsoever. I wouldn't even give him a shield because he'll just block too much and eventually die. I just gave him a Forsworn Weapon to dual wield since he should've been dual wielding with those 2 Schimitars. What's even funnier though is you wouldn't even be able to see the weapon in his left hand. There's a glitch with Dremora where anything in there left hand is invisible, even shields and torches. For even funnier use, I gave him the Sanguine Rose to summon even more of his Dremora brethen from Oblivion, ironically. He only wears clothing so he has Absolute 0 armor rating. You CAN enchant his chest piece with Fortify Health/Regen and Fortify Stamina/Regen for extra health or more power attacks and his boots with 2 resists but these would get in the way of the Dark Souls perk which would give him an extra 100 Health. Technically, you CAN use the Fortify Restoration exploit to make him a GOD, or at least usable, but I feel that any thrall you have to do this to, and raise constantly, just to make them feasible for use, is not really a good thrall at all and a waste of time anyway.

All in all, a cool thrall to use from time to time on extremely weaker enemies. I'll have to give him a 3/10. He's just like any civilian type character w/o armor (level 4 is the level of the majority of civilians) except he's a Dremora, has a unique voice thus no moans, has pirate clothes & Schimitars and doesn't disintegrate. Basically, the extra point is for his roleplay value and permanency, he's not gonna get anymore than 1 point just for that.... I reserve 2/10 for other civilians and 1/10 for those with only 1 hp (Grelod the Kind, the Emperor, BBQ Astrid, etc.).

EDIT: Updated stats.

Adam Warlock

600px-SR-npc-Savos_Aren.jpg

Savos Aren -

Dunmer Conjurer
Level Cap 50
Scales at 1.25xDB so must be thralled by level 32 at which point he will have @475HP , @500MP, and 150SP.
Moans but it`s quite tolerable
Original combat taunts in the Dunmer style

Permanent corpse is only available after beginning "Containment" and will vanish if you complete stage 50 of that quest or receive the Torc.
Inventory is inaccessible for removing or adding items so he comes to you "as is".

Spells-
Fireball , Incinerate , Flame Cloak , Stoneflesh , Steadfast Ward , Close Wounds
Also can summons a Frost Atronach or Dremora Lord !!!

Perks-
Atromancy , Ward Absorb , Flame augment(2) , Magic Resist(2) , Recovery(2) , Regeneration

Keeping him comes at a great cost in that you are blocked from the remainder of the college quests as well as a lot of the main quest line of the Thieve`s Guild if you haven`t previously completed "Hard Answers" with Enthir.
In fact , no one at the college will be of much use to you until he`s gone and you`ve faced Ancano.

Because of the limitations , I find that I really can`t assign an overall rating to him except to say that while you have him he`s a hell of a lot of fiery fun !

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Old_Orc.jpg

Old Orc​
Male Orc Bandit​
Max lv. 25 (radiant)​
Health 489​
Magicka 25​
Stamina 246​
Primary Skills: One Handed 72, Two Handed 72, Block 55, Light Armor 50​
Perks: Same exact as a lv. 25 Light Armor Bandit Marauder, most notably Extra Damage 2.5​
Initial Armor Rating (w/ Scaled Armor): 88​
The one in the picture is not mine (besides the fact that it's obviously from uesp). Mine would be wearing Scaled Armor because that's the best armor he can spawn with in terms of Armor Rating.​
The "Old" Orc is the epitome of what all Orcs under the Code of Malacath strive to be: strong and honorable. The Old Orc is strong because he single handedly took down 2 Sabre Cats by himself (he really can kill them, just raise the 2 cats w/o the Dark Souls perk and he'll literally demolish them to ash) and he is honorable in that he wants to have an honest battle to the death and gives you the choice wether to kill him or not, unlike any Bandit who just attacks you if you get too close to them...​
Finding him is not too hard but I've played at least 2 characters where I've never seen him, ever. He'll appear at any random encounter spots with the 2 dead Sabre Kitties at his feet. He'll ask you for a "noble death" and then you have to either fight with him or leave. Fighting him, honestly, is not too difficult because he is the equivalent of a Light Armor Bandit Marauder. If you can take those on, you can surely take him. Once you revel in the victory of giving him a good death, know that he is in fact permanent and thus no more random encounters can really happen in that spot because he never disappears along with the 2 Cats.​
The highest quality armor Old Orc can spawn in is Scaled Armor so get ready to strip him a lot because that'll give him the highest Armor Rating, especially if you're making him dual wielding. Speaking of dual wielding, that's pretty much the best set up for him (he's an Orc too) because with only a 1H, 2H, or shield, he'll block too much and eventually die. I personally gave him a Forsworn Axe and a higher-than-Orchish-quality weapon because he has Hack & Slash 2/3. I'd give him staves over bows because he has 15 Archery. Summon staves will help get aggro off his back.​
Pitting my Old Orc with a Nordic & Forsworn Axe against Stenvar armed in Nordic Carved Armor and a Glass Battleaxe, Old Orc wins all the battles. No upgrades to armor and weapons. Both dual wielding, the lv 25 Dunmer Boethiah Cultist (w/ Boethiah's Proving) and a lv 36 Dremora Markynaz lose to Stenvar all the time leading me to say that Old Orc is not your average Bandit Marauder.​
7.5/10 The Old Orc is better than an average bandit but with a low level, less armor protection and a lackluster Block skill, he doesn't quite make it to an 8. Compared to Chief Yamarz, he doesn't have as much health and wears only light armor but he is PERMANENT, even for a random encounter, which is a huge relief for any necromancer that regularly anchors corpses. The only other random encounters that I know are permanent are Balbus and Sigar(reported by Adam Warlock). Fun to use especially since there are not that many Orc thralls (I don't take kindly to killing off any of the Orc Strongholds).​
How did I give him a good death? Well, I raised the dead Sabre Cats (+100 health w/ Dark Souls) and they clawed him to death. Oh, the irony! The Sabre Cats got their revenge in death.​
Extra: Ritual Stone or use Reanimation Staves (not spells) on the dead perma Sabre Cats to decorate your house.​

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Safia.jpg

Safia
Female Imperial Nightblade
Max lv.: 35

Health 333
Magicka 163
Stamina 164

Primary Skills: Destruction 94, Sneak 89, Alteration 65, 1H 69
Other Skills: Light Armor 40, Block 20, Archery 15

Initial Armor Rating: 82

The pirate captain of the Red Wave, way better than the previous "Pirate King" I reviewed earlier. She is the last of Nazir's contracts he can give you and for good reason. Doing all of his contracts as a necromancer seems to be worth it to get to her although, in truth, you can just go straight to her and take her out anyway since she is killable even if you don't join the Brotherhood. Killing her straight at the beginning of the game would be suicide, though. Not only would you get a Haafingar bounty for murdering her, you'd have to deal with her whole crew and 2 of them are essential. So your best bet would be to be super sneaky about killing her or join the Dark Brotherhood to get the dialogue options for her to turn automatically hostile towards you so you don't get a bounty for initial assault.

By just looks, I seriously thought she was a Redguard for the longest time until I checked her race on UESP. Turns out she's just a really dark Imperial, an even less useful race for a thrall alone. At least Redguards have a 50% Poison Resistance which would've been useful for Falmer Hives. What IS great about her is her level cap. A level of 35 is 5 levels above the Disarm shout cap, unlike most other melee thralls, being level 30 and below. So if you like fighting Draugr Deathlords with melee thralls, I would recommend taking her for a ride if you don't want your thralls to keep hopelessly punching dead things even after they've lost they're weapons.

What might deter you from using her is her moderately low health of 333 (433 w/ Dark Souls) even at level 35 comparing her to Old Orc with 489 health at level 25. She also wears Scaled Armor so naturally less armor protection than a Bandit Chief but still temperable. This is why her biggest bet to be extremely useful would be in Draugr Crypts/Nordic Ruins where they are all infested with Disarm Draugrs.

It would be especially useful to give her Destruction staves because of her relatively high Destruction skill and to make her dual wield because her Block skill is too low. Two swords would be best because of her not-so-average health and light armor. Tempering & enchanting her armor would help her survival greatly.

This pirate captain receives a 7.6/10 because she's not one of the most hardy thralls neither is she the most powerful (Adept leveled 1H) but she more than makes up for it with her higher level cap, compared to most other melee thralls, and temperable & enchantable armor pieces. One last point, she still needs to be anchored.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

General

Malyn Varen
Dunmer male Sorcerer
Quest - The Black Star
Location - Azura's Star Interior
Caps at Lv25 (Levels x1 with PC)
Primary skills (Lv25) - Destruction (77), Illusion (72), Heavy Armour (50), One Handed (50)
Attributes (Lv25) Magic - 220 Health - 275 Stamina - 65

Equipment/Magic/Perks

Pre-enchanted Hooded Black Robes, Enchantable cloth Boots, Random Destruction Staff, Leveled Dagger

Malyn Varen knows the following spells:
Destruction - Ice spike, Lightningbolt, Chain Lightning
Alteration - Oak/Stoneflesh
Restoration - Close Wounds, Fast Healing, Steadfast Ward

Perks - Recovery (1), Mage Armour (1), Magic Resistance (1), Regeneration

Field Notes

Malyn is a pretty squishy mage who can only be obtained under certain conditions; First you must proceed with quest until you have the choice to go with the Azura Priestess or Nelacar. You may choose either of them, (although Nelacar gives you slightly more time) once you kill Malyn, you must hastily cast Dead Thrall before being pulled out of the Star. Once you are transported back, immediately stop discussion with Nelacar or Azura (you must NOT complete the quest yet) and run outside or Fast travel on the spot. If you managed to thrall a Dremora Mage, he should be waiting for you outside the Winterhold Inn, however Malyn will not appear until you fast travel. Malyn will now appear and you are free to go back and finish the quest (contrary to popular belief Malyn will/should not disappear once the quest is complete).

Battle wise Malyn is quite squishy and doesn't tend to cast Mage armour that much, coupled with his relatively low Hp, he tends to die quite frequently. He cast Shock magic at a spamming rate until out of Magicka and will than run into battle swinging melee weapons (I suggest one-handed as he is skilled for that). I have never seen him cast Ice Spike as a Thrall although I have heard he uses it on occasion. He uses Destruction Staves very enthusiastically and uses Steadfast Ward on a VERY rare occasion.

To see just how he compares, I took him up against a Lv30 Beem-Ja (also a Sorcerer) with no weapons or enchanted gear (Later enchanted his boots with resist ice and shock). Beem-Ja absolutely wiped the floor with him.

He is a moaner, although its not overly irritating. He doesn't seem to be overly glitchy and follows reasonably well. I give him a 6.2 For being Unique named, decent One handed skill and not a bad mage thrall. Downsides are he needs to be anchored, caps at Lv25, limited spell pool and is really squishy.

EDIT: To include stats and some more information provided by iMACobra

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
600px-SR-npc-Hamelyn.jpg

Hamelyn
Male Breton Bandit Wizard
Location: Honningbrew Basement (during the quest Dampened Spirits)
Max lv. 25 (radiant)

Health 441
Magicka 294
Stamina 150

Primary Skills: Destruction 67, Alteration 55, Restoration 55, Sneak 50
Other Skills: Light Armor 33, One Handed 32
Spells: Same as bandit mages
Perks: " "
Initial Armor Rating: 53

Hamelyn, or the "Skeever King", is basically a generic looking bandit mage. Hamelyn would've shared the same score as Anska, Stalleo, and maybe Wyndelius Gatharian because they are all just named bandit mages but he is actually slightly different from the other 3.

While normal Bandit Marauder mages can only normally generate a variation of Fur Armor and boots up to Scaled quality, Hamelyn, despite sharing the same template as a Male Breton Bandit Marauder, has the same attire no matter how many times you strip him. He'll always wear the skirted Fur Armor variation, Imperial Light Boots, AND FUR BRACERS. Yeah, normal bandit mages don't generate any hand pieces whatsoever so that means extra enchant slots and since Fur Bracers are temperable, extra armor protection!!! Because Hamelyn can be at most, level 25, he won't have as much magicka as he should so this can sorta be fixed by putting Fortify Magicka on his bracers! Reminds me of some wizard lizard I reviewed earlier...

His combat will be the same as any bandit mage but he will punch when he runs outta magicka so give him a weapon, preferably a 2 handed one so he can block. His moan is somewhat tolerable. It's also great that he's a Breton so he has a natural 25% magic resistance so he resists all 3 types of destruction magic unlike Anska, Stalleo, and Wyndelius with only 1 resistance. With all smithing perks, Ancient Knowledge, drinking a Blacksmith's Elixir, being a Necromage Vampire, and without using the Restoglitch exploit and Ahzidal's Genius, I was able to bring his armor rating up from 53 up to 113 and that's without a flesh spell on and me not using any Fortify Smithing gear and created Fortify Smithing potion. I'll have to check for that later.

I'll give the Skeever King an 8.5/10 for knowing all 3 types of Destruction magic, healing, wears 3 pieces of armor for a mage, and temperable and enchantable gloves good for extra magicka. His moan is somewhat annoying, he has a lower level cap so less magicka, sucky melee combat, and he needs to be anchored.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts