Spoiler Ulfric and Delphine know each other?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
I just did "Season Unending" for the first time and noticed an interesting line from Ulfric partway through negotiations. It's at 20:50 in the video.

"Is he with you, Delphine? If so, I advise you to tell him to watch his tongue."

He speaks as though he's met Delphine before and has some measure of respect for her. But as far as I know, they've never met before and never had a reason to meet. Ulfric was once in the Legion but I'm reasonably certain that Delphine was nothing else besides a Blade before she went into hiding.

I wonder if the two of them collided sometime during the Great War - if they ever had a chance to help one another out. The relationship I never knew existed just got a couple times more complex! :eek:

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Since I loathe both characters, it doesn't make a difference to me.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I can only speculate regarding to the relationship between Delphine and Ulfric. I believe that Ulfric can somehow relate to Delphine as her position as the blades, since he was a former imperial legion. Or maybe they crossed paths during the great war? Who knows.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
Maybe look in their thalmor dossiers?

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I also got the impression Ulfric and Legate Rikke knew each other...if you know what I mean.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Both Ulfric and the blades fought in the great war, it's possible they were on a mission together. It's obvious he doesn't know Esbern as he is a scribe

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
This was fun to watch! I haven't done the peace treaty since my first playthrough so I'd forgotten a lot of it. I'd kicked Elenwen out then, so I never got to hear Ulfric tell her to shut up. I just burst out laughing, hearing that. So awesome.

Neriad13

Premium Member
This was fun to watch! I haven't done the peace treaty since my first playthrough so I'd forgotten a lot of it. I'd kicked Elenwen out then, so I never got to hear Ulfric tell her to shut up. I just burst out laughing, hearing that. So awesome.

Best line in the game! And he's just so deadpan when he delivers it. And then she obeys it for the rest of the meeting. :eek:

I also really enjoyed the Tullius burn. "You're no better at diplomacy than you are on the battlefield." When I got to that part in my game I burst out laughing. I'm pretty sure I said something like "Oh snap, Ulfric!" aloud too.

Stereofanic

I think Ulfric and Elenwen would make a cute couple, seriously. They go at it with each other like a husband and wife would do.

Ulfric would conquer her in the true nord tradition :D
OK I just threw up

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I think Ulfric and Elenwen would make a cute couple, seriously. They go at it with each other like a husband and wife would do.

If you think that's how a husband and wife should act towards each other, I feel sorry for whoever marries you...

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
All is fair in love and war

Stereofanic

I never said that this is the way married couples should act :) Some just act like this way.

Make love not war. Maybe that will stop the war on either sides. Learn to respect each other :)

Sure im all for love over war but not them 2

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member

Ulfric would conquer her in the true nord tradition :D

Scary, scary thought! Ulfric may be an alpha male, but I can't see him 'conquering' her. I can, however, picture Elenwen beating the crap out of him.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Scary, scary thought! Ulfric may be an alpha male, but I can't see him 'conquering' her. I can, however, picture Elenwen beating the crap out of him.

She already has beaten the crap out of him. He was captured by the Thalmor during the Great War and "interrogated." Elenwen was his torturer. No, I do not believe that there is any love lost between them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts