Two small moments that amazed me!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I've played well over 1000 hours of Skyrim since it was released and I've been getting to a point where I think I've seen it all and heard it all. However I proved myself wrong yesterday :eek:

1) I downloaded the Live Another Life Mod, and I became an apprentice in the Thieves Guild. As a result of this, you miss the encounter with Sapphire when you first enter Riften, you know where she is demanding money from Shadr for a debt.

So, with this mod, I'm in the Thieves Guild and Brynjolf asks me to go and get his money from the three people in Riften, so I do this as normal and encounter Shadr, who mentions the debt. I then see Sapphire in the Bee and Barb (I think) and ask her about the debt.

This time, as I'm already in the guild she offers to split the money with me, rather than just forget about the debt. Which amazed me, because I've completed that task the same way hundreds of times, and I never thought that it could play out differently just because I was in the guild.

2) As I started off in Riften, rather than Helgen. I was given a task from Maven Black-Briar to go to Whiterun and speak to her associate. On the way I thought I'd stop off in Ivarstead.

Now this mission had bugged me for a long time, as I never figured it out and didn't want to look it up. So I go to Shroud Hearth Barrow as usual, go inside, kill Wyndelius who has been scaring the town and take all his stuff.

Only this time I went into the Inn to rent a room, but got talking to the inn keep about the barrow, and by chance I notice new dialogue, and I give the inn keep Wyndelius's Journal. He then rambles a bit, and gives me the Sapphire Dragon Claw, which has alluded me for nearly 2 years!

So in short, after everything I've done in this game, there are still things hidden in there that I'm sure we've all missed even though we've collectively put thousands of hours into the game... Mind was blown...

Sorry for the boringly long post, I had to share :p

And sometimes I manage to miss the obvious for a looooong time. I had been playing for a year before I noticed Whiterun has two inns.

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
It amused me when I was playing Nona (the boring non-adventurer type in my blog) that when I got to Riften, dressed in rags and with almost no money, that Brynjolf tried to get me to do his job by pointing out how obviously destitute I was (all my previous characters have been pretty well off by the time they got to Riften).

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
my 2 amazing moments were that when i killed paarthaux (dunno if the spellings right but oh well) and he rolled off the thoaght of the world and ever since his skeleton rests in whiterun

and my second moment was; when i started off i had nothing... just some crappy armour, so then a scooma dealer in FULL DAEDRIC SET came up to me so i killed him and stole his armour and 2 daedric swords

rennervate

Hufflepuff
I love all the different puzzels! Also the fact that you sometimes get multiple, or optional, choices during quests is awesome - it gives the game much more depth when your actions actually make a difference.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
And sometimes I manage to miss the obvious for a looooong time. I had been playing for a year before I noticed Whiterun has two inns.

What? Where?

You aren't counting Jaarvasker as an inn are you?

What? Where?

What? Where?

What? Where?

Sorry, i should have used 'tavern' rather than Inn, since you can't rent a room at the Drunken Hunstman

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Sorry, i should have used 'tavern' rather than Inn, since you can't rent a room at the Drunken Hunstman

Oh, no worries. I thought I had completely missed something in Whiterun & was concerned......

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

What? Where?

What? Where?

What? Where?

You can sneak in the back room and take a nap though if it's vacant. I've done it and the owner never even noticed. :)

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

What? Where?

Theoretically, the Drunken Huntsman is an inn.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
There's an unmarked shrine to Zenithar in the grasslands between Whiterun and Rorikstead - I must have passed it a hundred times before, but just last night I came to it from a different angle and noticed a wooden chest up on top of the ruined wall. NEVER. SAW. IT. BEFORE...... lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts