• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset downed another potion for good measure as he watched the group plan their leave. Can never be too careful. I swear the cat, Bru I think is his name, smelled me a while back. I'll have to stay at a safe distance. He could hear an odd sentence or two from where he was hidden, and was able to piece the plan together. So, I know they're rescuing someone from the Thalmor, up at their hideout near the Solitude mountains. They're taking the road through Dragon Bridge, then scaling the cliffs. Esset silently laughed. All in all, a pretty avarage workout for me. It was what he overheard about the adventurers that made him cringe.

I know they've got a warrior, a vampire, and a summoner. Then they've got a mage of some kind, and whatever the hell Bru is, plus that girl who tags along with him. This is one of those jobs where it would be best to stay hidden. Just as he though that however, he stepped on a twig. There was a loud crack, and it was obvious someone would investigate. Drinking another invisibility potion and casting a muffle spell on himself, Esset darted a safe distance away. Maybe I should just stick to trailing them now.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Leilani watched the two of them, perplexed, not knowing that the vial would have had such an effect in Circe the way it did. She reflexed inwards as she observed Bruynzeel's handiwork over Circe's face and began to speak with her spirit. Lime green eyes were glowing softly. "Do you feel that?" She asked, her eyes glowing brighter as she switched to observe Circe's aura from the astral plane. It was less "offensive" as it had been before. She smelled the energies of her own blood playing through Circe's aura. The wolf nodded. Leilani then continued, "You never told me what she had in plan for Circe." The wolf kept silent, and then spoke, "...to be a combination of herself and beast. To bring vampirism to Dabney possible." Leilani crossed her arms, not readily answering, and then she replied after hesitating, "A vampire that is half wolf half beast? A werewolf that sucks blood?" The wolf inside her nodded, growling at the thought. "I don't like it either." Leilani shrugged, and shook her head on the outside. "I never said I didn't like it... it's just interesting." She then turned away from the two, and she gripped the Ula locket bearing the Ula insignia on it that she always wore hidden. She began to move over towards the rest of the group so that they could get a move on traveling.

Leilani grabbed the reins of her horse once more as she spoke to the other adventurers, "You are welcome to tie off any of your gear on my horse, boots," she grinned at the name. Heading after Sverr, she followed them towards the mountains. Her horse trotted lightly behind her as she ran. She didn't mind leading him.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn responded "I think we should take the mountain pass. Can't afford to waste any time." He then watched curiously as Leilani, Crice, and Bruynzeel started spending time surrounded together, having their own little party of sorts. He watched Bruynzeel make a strange device out of glass. Finally, after a few minutes, Leilani walked back towards them and grabbed the reins of her horse. "Yes, I do believe that we should get going as soon as possible. Is it agreed that we take the mountain pass? But that might present a major obstacle to our friend Sverr here."

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "I'll follow you, Edwyn, do you need anything carried?" She asked, looking over to her horse. "I am not the best of guides, but I am happy to assist in any way that I can." Leilani looked back to Circe and Bruynzeel as they continued to converse. She followed after Sverr and Edwyn hoping they would catch up soon. She positioned her mind into Bruynzeel's, and she thought, "Make haste, please."

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    "Indeed, on our way." then aloud "Come Chey its off to battle" His loyal dog follows along quickly, a twig snaps and his head swivels and in one motion he rolls and picks up a small stone and flings it at the tree... nothing moves so he feels he must be just imagining things.

He stands back up and makes haste to catch up with the rest, falling in line next to Leilani. Matching her gait and makes an effort to admire the countryside. Instead of looking behind every rock... But then that's what you do when you travel . You try to really see things. The good and the bad. Its what hunters and veterans do.

He may have been spying too long now he feels them everywhere. But there was the damage in Circe' room... And that spider spell. He absolutely hated spiders the feel of their webs, the foaming spinnerettes. They were the most grotesque thing he could ever think of.

Neverwin

Protector of Innocent Commas
    Sverr laughed as he marched forward, seemingly determined to stay a little bit ahead of the rest of the group. "Ha, I have yet to find a mountain that has gotten the best of Sverr the Short-tempered! This armor may be heavy, but it doesn't slow ME down!"

Shew

Since Circe and Leilani were in close step, Bruynzeel decides to lighten the mood from earlier.

"Circe, you look good in the sun. Must be nice to be out in the light for a change." Looks over toward the two of them and "Ladies you look good in your traveling clothes. The new, what should we call them, well they look good on you too." Pulls his lute out and starts up a light walking tune. Keeping a steady and not rushed gait. Soon the whole party subconsciously gets in step and they move along the road quickly the miles eating away without concern. They all continue to talk and share, the music is just background

Skyrimosity

Edwyn was enjoying the happy lute playing of Bruynzeel. It reminded him of his younger years. Before the concerns of life surrounded him on every corner. They had walked for a while before Edwyn thought of a question to ask Bruynzeel. "So Bruynzeel, it occurs to me. You know a bit about me. You know I am a farmer, my wife has been... taken, and you know where I live." Edwyn pauses his talking to bound a sword in his hand, showing Bruynzeel his style of fighting. He then lets the sword disperse. "But I wonder about you. Where are you from? And what have you been doing for your life? Forgive if those questions aren't mine to ask... I'm just curious. I just don't see many Khajiit around anymore."

Shew

Bruynzeel lets out a hardy laugh. "That's a bigger question than you realize."

approaches Edwyn in the group while they all continue along. Still plucking his lute. "I am originally from Elswyer like any Khajiit I just left home a long long time ago and I have been travelling and playing since. I was betroved to the girl my brother loved. I neither wanted to rule or to marry my brothers love. The alliance it would have created in our land, the largest Khajiit army since before the Plagues."

Reflects a bit having really only just realized that. "Lately though I have been trekking around Skyrim and Cryodil, keeping tabs on the Thalmor. Before that Morrowind." Just as they turn a bend in the valley they come to a bridge with falls going under them. And the greater valley and plains open up for them. Bruynzeel points to the foot hills on the far side. A large mannerhouse could just be seen surrounded by fields of flowers and crops. "I live there. For even a wanderer needs a place to call home."

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset sneaked behind the group, tossing back a potion every few minutes. Bru hasn't smelled me yet, I guess nature must be blocking his senses a bit. I suppose there's no harm in moving a bit closer, I could probably get away with picking that human girl's pocket, she's the least threatening of them. He moved the closer, casting another spell of muffle for good measure.

Now let's see what you've got in your... Bruynzeel sniffed the air, and stopped the group. Oh, fetcher. He tried to slip away as the group searched for their invisible adversary, but his pouch was empty. No more potions. And his current potion was wearing off. Knowing he would be discovered either way, Esset sprang up as he turned visible, daggers in hand, just in case. In a matter of seconds, a small arsenal was pointed at him. He waved fearfully. "Heh... Hi guys, remember me?"

Shew

In one quick motion Bruynzeel threw his lute to the ground smashing it and leaped. Landing just in front of the sneak thief. Then he knocks the daggers from his hands with the scabbard of his sheathed sword.

And then he pushes him down. "What is the meaning of this? I warned you not to sneak up on us. Tell me quickly why I should not kill you where you lay?"

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset gulped, staring at the Khajiit's face just inches from his own. "Because if you kill me, you'll have every assassin in Skyrim hunting you down. They might not kill you, but I bet they'll at least manage to kill your friend..."

Skyrimosity

Edwyn was assessing the situation when he heard the man mention assassins. "Wait, Bruynzeel, if this man is an assassin it sounds like he could be rather useful in our mission, don't you agree?" Edwyn bound a sword into his right hand just to be sure he could protect himself if the man tried anything, which those sneaky assassin types were often to do.

Shew

Bruynzeel pushes down on Esset's throat, til the threat he has was about to make was drowned out. Growling "I would not threaten me or mine in my presence. Perhaps we have not been introduced."

Releasing it allowing him to breathe. "I am Qa'Bruynzeel. I am not afraid of assassins, and another flaw in your plan you wouldn't be here to enjoy the revenge or to issue the order."

Bruynzeel getting to his feet says "Indeed! We might have use for a assassin, and at least we know he is a poor thief. But not his motivations."

Moves back to allow the Elf to stand while still keeping his sword sheathed but in hand

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset stuck out his hand, having perked up at Edwyn's comment. "Esset, master assassin of Tamriel. Nice to meet you officially, Bru. You don't mind if I call you Bru, do you? Ah, who cares, I'll do it anyway." He let out a quick laugh, watching Bruynzeel's eyes flare.

He turned to Edwyn. "And yes, I would be delighted to join your cause. Of course, we'll need to discuss my fee. A job inside Northwatch Keep is not easy, and not cheap. I don't mean to brag, but I've gotten in a few times. I could show you the secret entrance. Much less nasty when you haven't got fifty battlemages trying to kill as you walk in."

Shew

Bruynzeel was literally flirting with uncontrolled rage...
    Time slows for him and he recenters himself and he just opens the scabbard with his thumb. "I feel like we should discuss, the lack of honor in knowing half our plan. But not the whole one. Though your explaination of it has elements we were already contemplating."

Narrows his eyes and thinks aloud. "But, you could have waited sneaking around til invited to. I don't particularly like to be followed."

Moves closer again... Sniffs him up and down from chest to face lingering on his eyes and bareing his teeth. "Your the smell, and the spider too..." Pulls back just a fraction when he say spider. his nose going up in disgust.

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    "Don't like spiders, eh? I can't blame you, a lot of people don't. That's why I use them." He winked. "So, what do you say? I join your little party and you pay me, say, five hundred Septims? I get some coin, and you get a brilliant fighter working for you." He lowered his voice a bit. "I must say, I'm an improvement over your current crop. I suppose I could forgive the mage and the warrior, it's always good to have them for backup, but a vampire and a civilian as well? I mean, seriously?"

Shew

Breathes slowly deliberately, controlling his anger. He never really liked mercenaries. Not true ones. Their loyalties too easily bought. And he continues to test my resolve, pushing at insults. He believes they make him bigger. All I see is a smallness here. But surely everyone has potential. If I can just get him to stop being so annoying.

Turns first to the rest of the group, looking them over for clues to their thoughts on Esset, Then slowly shifts his weight and turns back being extra careful to retain pressure should he need to strike. He doesn't make it obvious but one more insult to his name will be one too many.

"I warn you, I am not easily offended. No wait I am, when it seems genuine. You are skirting that edge. So if your just blustering..." Really lets his not so subtle threat sink in. "I suggest you come clean, now, as opposed to when found out. And my name is Bruynzeel. I have that kind of coin but you are gonna have to prove yourself."

Bends low and picks up a twig. scrapes the dirt in the path clean and says "Draw your secret passage." And then he draws a almost to scale map of the keep. rough but very recognizable Then tosses the twig into the hands of Esset.

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset smiled. "Sure thing Bru!" The Khajiit started to open his mouth. "-ynzeel. Bruynzeel. Because that's your name." He let out a nervous laugh. "Oh! Right, the passage. Well, directly south of the keep, at the base of the mountain, is an old cave. There's gonna be a few guards, but nothing we can't take. Now, this cave leads to an underground tunnel, which in turn leads straight into the kitchens. We'll still have to fight a bit, with our numbers I doubt we could stay hidden, but it will save us much bloodshed."

Shew

"I didn't want to fight through the barracks, which are on the other side of that kitchen. But I do see value in possibly using a three prong attack. Main Entrance, upper tower, and this new entrance." Pauses and rises from his haunches "It had better be there as I havn't seen it yet."

Watches carefully for reaction from Esset a true detail but the barracks were mostly away from the kitchen but there was a training area and a anvil. Most likely a easy path but he truly hadn't seen this other entrance.