Two questions: Am I Werid That I Don't Like Playing Dragonborn? and Is This Battle Messed Up?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkunkySwag

Ok so I play skyrim up at my cousin's house, because My PS3 got the YLOD and I'm saving up for a desktop. Anyway I was the first of my family to play skyrim (around 11.11.11 on redbox XD) and maybe about 3-4 months ago my younger cousin started playing the game and every since he has been play all DragonBorn charters ( his Archer, Mage and Main charter are all dragonborn) and he don't under stand how it can be boring playing a dragonborn.

Ok so one time I was playing a level 25 2h/1h Paladin (1h for swords a.k.a dawnbreaker and 2h for axes like Wuuthrad and that hammer that swings fast) and I was clearing the fort for the Imperials to join them, and there were 3 Bandit Plunderers that killed me on Expert and took me 3 trys! to kill all of them, but the not the bad part, inside the the keep was the Bandit Cheif that two shot me! ( she was wearing weaker armor then me by like 30-50 points (She had Nordic Carved Armor, I had Upgraded Wolf Armor) Lets just say it took me about 30 minutes to try intill my cousin helped saying and I quote " you have to be dragonborn the kill her " It took him about 15 trys to kill that chick, he killed her by getting her stuck in front of a table and hitting her when she couldn't reach him.

So One I don't like playing as a dragonborn as you can see in the title (because I think that the shouts are op and you are like a god.) Am I werid for thinking that and also is it strange that this battle happened like this?

Sorry if I typed this post Strange/Werid this is one of my first posts :sadface:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
1. Welcome to the forums :D

2. I also dislike playing as the Dragonborn for some reason. I like dragons and all but my roleplayed characters just dont seem to fit with the whole Dragonborn thingy.

3. It depends on your difficulty setting as to how many hits you can take. Bandit Chiefs are pretty strong around that level though, so expect to get beaten a few times. I personally hate glitching the battle so that they cant reach me. There are many different tactics you can try to beat someone imo. eg. poisons, racial powers, different magic, followers...

SkunkySwag

1. Welcome to the forums :D

2. I also dislike playing as the Dragonborn for some reason. I like dragons and all but my roleplayed characters just dont seem to fit with the whole Dragonborn thingy.

3. It depends on your difficulty setting as to how many hits you can take. Bandit Chiefs are pretty strong around that level though, so expect to get beaten a few times. I personally hate glitching the battle so that they cant reach me. There are many different tactics you can try to beat someone imo. eg. poisons, racial powers, different magic, followers...
Thanks for replying,
One: I was out of health potions, because of me of using them instead of my healing spells

Two:And one time she glitched like 5 feet behind me and cracked my neck with her steel 1h axe XD

Three: When my cousin killed her he used Emperor's Cry (I think that's what it is) to make her passive and then heal and sneak attack her

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
So are you still stuck trying to kill the Bandit Chief? You say you have wolf armour.... are you a werewolf?

What magic have you got?

And if you really cant beat her... do you have to? is it part of an important quest or did you just stumble across her camp and decide to (try and) slaughter everyone?

SkunkySwag

So are you still stuck trying to kill the Bandit Chief? You say you have wolf armour.... are you a werewolf?

What magic have you got?

And if you really cant beat her... do you have to? is it part of an important quest or did you just stumble across her camp and decide to (try and) slaughter everyone?

I kill her like last week I was just wondering about this, because this is my first main Heavy Armor charter and I had no problem killing all the bandits outside with Beast form, but we had a really hard time killing her without potions and with her two hits (but I had forgotten Farkas in my house so It was just me and my horse vs a fort of lvl 25-28s on Exepert

I had the normal healing with dual healing perk and the novice perk

and She was part of clearing the fort for joining the Imperial Legion

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Oh! Say no more! I had a very hard time clearing that fort with my Pure Mage character. Yeah its not meant to be easy I think :p I really had to change my tactics and luckily I had the Solitude Headsman, Ahtar as my Imperial bodyguard (he looks like a boss in heavy Imp gear wielding his Executioners Axe), otherwise I would never have succeeded.

SkunkySwag

Oh! Say no more! I had a very hard time clearing that fort with my Pure Mage character. Yeah its not meant to be easy I think :p I really had to change my tactics and luckily I had the Solitude Headsman, Ahtar as my Imperial bodyguard (he looks like a boss in heavy Imp gear wielding his Executioners Axe), otherwise I would never have succeeded.

well some how I told Farkas to sleep in my bed (Because my Main Charter is a female and married to him) and he just stood their saying "Yes my love " with a dwarven helmet with steel armor XD he's not good at fashion. ( And he was next to the book shelf hat had a copy of the lusty argonian maid V2(that I stole thinking it was from the jarl's daugher in Morthal, she's an adult, but no it's belongs to the little boy in the Jarl's Longhouse I couldn't stop laughing XD.) So me and my cousin maid up that he was there relaxing and "Rubbing the Horker" XD while his wife (me and my cousin) Cleared a whole fort bye our self. #Facepalm

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
As one who is always up for giving some good advice, here are my answers in no particular order:

no and yes

JoeReese

What magic have you got?

I kill her like last week I was just wondering about this, because this is my first main Heavy Armor charter and I had no problem killing all the bandits outside with Beast form, but we had a really hard time killing her without potions and with her two hits (but I had forgotten Farkas in my house so It was just me and my horse vs a fort of lvl 25-28s on Exepert

I had the normal healing with dual healing perk and the novice perk

Canis root + Imp Stool = compliant bandits.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
As one who is always up for giving some good advice, here are my answers in no particular order:

no and yes
After some intense research on the subject, I've had second thoughts on my take of one of the two questions presented, so I'd like to change that one to a 'maybe'

Honestly very few of my characters are Dragonborn. It just doesn't fit most of the characters when I'm roleplaying. I hardly ever even do the quest to where the dragons start appearing, because then I just can't be like "No. I'm not dragonborn." While slaying dragons and absorbing dragon souls. Honestly the Dragonborn thing was cool for my first playthrough (One without any roleplay and plenty of visits to the Dawnstar merchant chest.) But when I'm seriously roleplaying it just doesn't fit.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

sticky runes

I'm the opposite. I used to dislike playing as Dragonborn and would try to get loads of stuff done before bringing dragons into play, or just steer clear of any dragon related quests period. But now I set all of my new characters up to be dragonborn and use their thu'um, alongside whatever personal goals they may have (like completing guild quests or becoming thane of a certain hold). I don't try to use all the shouts, I just stick with one or two that appeal to me for the particular character.

The only parts I don't look forward to are going up the 1000 steps, and Diplomatic Immunity, because those parts are boring.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I rarely play as the Dragonborn. I have a lvl 42 conjurer that won't go near Bleak Falls Barrow any time soon. Like others, I don't care much for the idea. That, and my lvl 54 Nord Warrior has only learned a few shouts, and absorbed far more souls. I just don't seem to be learning the shouts.

sticky runes

Are there still dragons if you avoid the dragonborn quest line?

Sent from the Pony Express

Dragon encounters happen after you help Irileth defeat the dragon at Western Watchtower. If you don't want dragons, then don't hand the dragon stone to Farengar, and if you have handed in the dragon stone, then stay away from the Wastern Watchtower.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Are there still dragons if you avoid the dragonborn quest line?

Sent from the Pony Express

Durnehviir from the Soul Cairn and I'm pretty sure the Skeletal Dragon in the Librynthian are two dragons that can be encountered without being the Dragonborn. There may be other named dragons that can be encountered that I'm not aware of.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts