• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "that is even a mystery to myself as I got a letter stating that he was in the barb and I needed to speak with him" she shrugged "I guess I kinda profiled you as you seemed out of place in there and in riften" she looked at him with an icy stare then started laughing "you know if I ask to many questions tell me to stop"

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
    Azry stopped, suddenly uncomfortable in the social convention he was finding himself in. Nobody takes this much interest in me. He balled his fists tightly, the pressure from the exercise helped calm his nerves.

"It's fine, I'm just not much for conversation," he smirked, thinking back to the carriage driver, "I lack the social graces of most people." Azry continued to feel his jawline, damning the fact that he was unable to grow a thick enough beard to ever conceal it. He once again caught up with Buttons.

"You travelling alone?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "no my friend juggles traveled with me to riften you will meet him when we reach the end of the docks" she pointed at the figure sitting at the edge

MushroomGenius

"Buttons and Juggles? I'm guessing you both are entertainers? Your lithe frame suggests acrobatics," Azry remarked looking her over. Oh-ho-ho, this could be perfect, he thought to himself. The man she pointed out didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary, but Azry kept his wits about him just in case.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    Footsteps reverberating on the wooden planks snapped Juggles out of his reverie. He ever so slightly peered over his right shoulder, wanting to catch a glimpse of his unwanted visitors. Mara be damned, he thought, recognizing Buttons and. . .and. . .a stranger. How in the hell did she find me?! I never told her where I was going, not after our little, uh, disagreement earlier this evening. Marriage must be like this, he shuddered at the thought.

He looked back across the water, waiting for the inevitable, though the irony was not lost on him of such a vast "pool," practically inviting him to slink into.

{OOC - Shroom, if you're sold on that green for your dialogue or thoughts, lemme know, as I'm not necessarily sold on mine. I can always switch to something like this for my thoughts. No sweat either way, brah!} :D

MushroomGenius

Azry continued towards the man, catching a glimpse into the canal he noticed the dead Nord from earlier that night floating by. Odd, he thought a scarred eyebrow raised, the man should have sank, he shouldn't be buoyant for another day or so. Hopefully, the other two don't notice. It seems much of what I take for granted are amiss here in Rfiten. The girl noticing my grip on the flagon, again the girl discovering herself being followed, and now the floating corpse. Something's not right. Maybe this 'chance' encounter will shed some light on this.

He cracked his neck and approached the seated man.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    as they got closer to Juggles she reached down and touched his shoulder "Sorry about earlier and I have someone else to join our um... family I guess you would call it" she turned with an outstrecthed arm towards Azry

dunklunk

He turned to gaze upon the pair, swung his legs around, and proceeded to stand up. Nodding to her, he extended his right hand to the stranger. Juggles is the name, and I believe you have already guessed my game.

He winked at Buttons, recalling her rhyming turn of phrase earlier in their travels.

MushroomGenius

Azry kept his face hidden under his cowl, the moonlight providing no glimpses at his horrific face. The other man stood to greet them hand extended, Azry ignored the gesture, but spoke instead:

"An elderly Jarl tells his two sons to race their horses to a distant city to see who will inherit the throne. The one whose horse is slower wins. After wandering aimlessly for days, the brothers ask a wise man for guidance. Upon receiving the advice, they jump on the horses and race to the city as fast as they can. What did the wise man say to them?"

Azry leaned in awaiting an answer.

dunklunk

Juggles couldn't help but notice the stranger's slight. Lowering his hand, he shrugged, then answered, Whoever wins, loses? Or is it, whoever loses, wins?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Shrugging "um I do not know I wasn't good with riddles"

MushroomGenius

Upon approach, he sensed a kinship between the two travelers, something deeper than just convenience. Azry allowed himself a slight chuckle at the man's response.

"The wise man told each brother to steal his brother's horse," he responded. Azry bowed his head slightly beneath his cowl, but refused to extend his mangled hand, self-conscious about it around the girl.

"My name is Azry, I'm here by invitation of your..... acquaintence."

dunklunk

Well, good to meet you, Azry, he stated, then continued. Any friend or ally of Buttons is a friend of mine. Or, ally.

He scratched his ear, then said, Someday, you will have to explain that riddle to me, for I do not see the advantage of stealing each other's horse. He then started to scratch his head, still thinking about it.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "um I think that without a horse the brother couldn't get to the city therefor losing the throne i believe.. Right? Or something like that "

dunklunk

Glancing at her, he couldn't help but think, Nice. And she's got a brain in that pretty little head, too. Of course, Juggles had no clue whether she was right or not.

MushroomGenius

Azry, amused, chuckled a bit more loudly in his company. Despite their flawed logic, he sensed a bond with them. Perhaps the winds of fate do blow when you least expect them. Oh no, he thought, the twitch returning to his eye. He tried to focus his breathing, aware that the two were looking at him.

"I will let you two ponder on that," he struggled to say, exhaling deeply. The weight of the daggers at his ankle beckoned him. Azry turned to face the water, it's too soon.. too soon. Azry dug his nails into his neck, raking them over old scars drawing blood. He felt the adrenaline rush subside, as he turned back around flicking bits of skin out from under his fingernails.

Azry cleared his throat, "So now that we're all gathered here....?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "well one of two things can happen we can take to our rooms and get some rest before we head out or we can take to the road now in the dark it's up to you guys cause honestly I don't care either way" she gripped juggles hand only to quickly release it

dunklunk

Well, I say we take to our respective rooms for the night and hit the road somewhat bright and somewhat early in the somewhat morning, Juggles offered, not knowing what the hell to think of Buttons' hand-squeeze. F***, I'm knackered from today. He began his walk back to the inn, fumbling for his room's key in a pocket, and smiling inwardly at its touch.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    The three newly "friends" took to their rooms, she laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling before drifting off

dunklunk

Prior to allowing sleep to get the best of him, Juggles thought of Buttons. A brief twitch of the eyelids later, with the room growing smaller and darker, he still thought of Buttons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts