• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RoG Delta

I was thinking of making a pure nord warrior, sword and shield. Use only sly forge steel weapons and iron dragon born armor. I'd have to throw a little enchanting in, but what other skills, besides one hand block and heavy armor would be useful. I'm planning on using 0 magic

sahqonsah

Why not use nord hero weapons from the skyforge? They are just as strong as skyforge steel but they are lighter. And as for more skills, I know you said no magic but your gonna need something for healing, alchemy maybe?

sahqonsah

Yes that's true, but if you're just using a set few skills: heavy armour, one handed, block maybe archery, you aint gonna reach a high level then you will have to use skills you didn't necessarily want simply to level up.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
You don't have to do any kind of alchemy or restoration... the potions you find in your travels should be enough. BTW, why do you "have" to use enchanting, as long as you play smart you can become pretty powerful with just a pure warrior.

sahqonsah

Yes that's correct, enchanting isn't really necessary. My current character has avoided smithing and enchanting. Its challenging but fun.

Jaeger

You don't have to do any kind of alchemy or restoration... the potions you find in your travels should be enough. BTW, why do you "have" to use enchanting, as long as you play smart you can become pretty powerful with just a pure warrior.

Check out this guy. 100 Health, every power up into stamina. No potions, no magick (just dragon born powers). It looks pretty fun using the environment to mitigate damage.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Playing as a Nord pure warrior is not only challenging, but a hell of a lot of fun. I've levelled several pure warriors, all with different abilities (SnB, Dual Weild 2h) with no thief skills and certainly no Magic, (magic is for Dagger-ears and soppy Bretons, real Nords don't need it ;))

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Doing this now for Dawnguard. You can get a set of ancient Nord armour very early just east of Mothral off a ghost.

Grelod The Kind

As a side note for the video :

Don't pour everything into Stamina. Ultimately, I really don't see how anyone could use more than 300. Health is your most important attribute.

That being said, if you don't want to be overpowered / a tank, do pour anything into stamina as having extra stamina doesn't give you any advantages. Like, if you're looking for that specific challenge of playing a low-health character.

But if you're looking at maximizing your potential, health is the way to go.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
Check out this guy. 100 Health, every power up into stamina. No potions, no magick (just dragon born powers). It looks pretty fun using the environment to mitigate damage.

Cool video. I didn't know blocking with a shield would prevent the dragon from doing its douchetastic finishing move on you, good to know.

paradoxnrt

.....a 'True Nord' (ie Nord hating magic) build wouldn't include ANY enchanted items!

Do you recall the Winterhold College 'pick up enchanting order item' side quest jobs? When you go to pick up the clients item, they always indicate that they are ashamed of ordering an enchanted item....and want you to keep the transaction quieter!

A True Nord would refuse to use ANY enchanted items! ....besides, what part of 'stealing souls + necromancy' sounds 'honorable' to you?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts