Trouble with Dawnguard

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Galrukh

This is for PC.
Im at the stage where Im supposed to "rescue" the Moth priest and make him my thrall.
After I lower the force field, I defeat him in combat and knock him to the ground. I then use seduce on him and activate him to feed on him and make him my thrall.
All this works fine except he does not become my thrall, he isnt hostile but he keeps telling me that he wont help and that Im an abomination. I have tried MANY times now, I have tried reloading to the beginning of the quest, I have tried to do it with and without Serana in the party.
Anyone who can shed some light on this ?

Unsilenced

I am also having this problem and have tried re-loading all sorts of saves. It simply doesn't recognize that I've fed on him, no matter how many times I do it.

Galrukh

I am also having this problem and have tried re-loading all sorts of saves. It simply doesn't recognize that I've fed on him, no matter how many times I do it.

Ok I got past there by fixing the quest.
I opened the consol command and wrote:

SetStage DLC1VQ03Vampire 67

That should fix that stage of the quest and you can now continue as if you had actually made him your thrall.

Unsilenced

Ok I got past there by fixing the quest.
I opened the consol command and wrote:

SetStage DLC1VQ03Vampire 67

That should fix that stage of the quest and you can now continue as if you had actually made him your thrall.

Thanks, but for me I needed to use SetStage DLC1VQ03Vampire 70. This completed the "feed" stage and allowed me to speak to him.