Trouble closing Skyrim.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Alright, this is a problem I've had with several games, but only recently with Skyrim. Earlier I was playing Skyrim and the whole game just stopped. Didn't CTD, just froze completely. I tried CTL-ALT-DEL, but when I open task manager I can't select the window, or any other window. I've had this problem rarely with other games, and it's always annoying because I end up having to either restart my PC, or select restart then cancel when it closes the frozen game. Does anyone know a way to either prevent this, or close the window without the chance of restarting the PC?

JoeReese

Does alt + tab take you out of full-screen game mode and back to windows mode? That may allow you to select your task manager window. I haven't tried it during a freeze, but I use it all the time for googling something in-game, changing volume, etc.

* edit * To get back to the game, sometimes I have to repeat the alt + tab process twice in order to play.

Does alt + tab take you out of full-screen game mode and back to windows mode? That may allow you to select your task manager window. I haven't tried it during a freeze, but I use it all the time for googling something in-game, changing volume, etc.

* edit * To get back to the game, sometimes I have to repeat the alt + tab process twice in order to play.

Alt+Tab doesn't do anything. If it helps any, I'm running windows 8.1.

JoeReese

Alt+Tab doesn't do anything. If it helps any, I'm running windows 8.1.
Hmm...I am too. Not sure why it's not working that way for you.

TheNatural

Does the task manager window pop up at all? Or does it appear as if skyrim has gone into a full-screen "windowed mode" with a black screen? Also, are you running an ENB? Are you using SKSE? Those things can make a Windows 7/8 PC have issues when tabbing out do to the game running through a seperate host, yet still technically using steam.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts