• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    "Now before I stitch you up, tell me why you are out in the woods.", the old man said flatly, he kept the needle close enough that it singed his back, but far enough that only the heat was felt. Ah, Khajiit has wondered when the torture would start, how quaint, he thought. S'darkiir sighed, which prompted more coughing, and spoke, "I was following you.", he said this as evenly as he could, the admission of guilt was always hard for S'darkiir, as it meant that if he was admitting guilt, then he has been caught doing something, and being caught means he made a mistake, and if he made a mistake that means he had failed, and failure is never acceptable. He cleared his throat, "Er, yes, there has been nausea, headaches and such. It-it is only starva-",another coughing fit, this one was not as severe,"-star-starvation. We are starved of blood, after a while it becomes bearable but if wounded and overexposed to the sun...",he trailed off, it was obvious what was wrong, it was obvious what would happen, it was obvious Isnar didn't give a skeever's left nut what happened to the vampire.

Star Gazer

Isnar threaded the needle through a few times, then stopped. The wound was only half-way stitched. "I don't know much about vampires, but I do know whoever they bite, falls victim to the terrible disease. You attempted to infect one of our group, maybe I should just let this wound go untreated, and have bacteria infect you. Tell me, why were you following us?" Isnar asked, softly.

The healer did his work in silence then stopped half way, "I don't know much about vampires, but I do know whoever they bite, falls victim to the terrible disease. You attempted to infect one of our group, maybe I should just let this wound go untreated, and have bacteria infect you. Tell me, why were you following us?", the man demanded, S'darkiir winced then rolled his eyes, "It is quite obvious that you know little of vampires, first off vampiric blood holds the vampire in a state of undeath, we will not age as you do, nor do we need to eat or drink or sleep, nor need we fear the ravages of disease or poison, so threaten Khajiit with sickness Isnar, I trust you will find it to be a most pointless exercise. Second Khajiit does not enjoy making thralls, in fact I haven't, come to think of it I can't remember when last I fed on a person, I would have made a small cut in his neck after taking him out to spare him from this accursed blessing!", the rant made him tired and conjured up another fit of coughing, this time followed by a small bit of retching, "We followed for the same reason you are travelling. The "Forsworn camp", or does the honored healer still think that what lies ahead is a few wild Reachmen, whose heads are worth more gold than most men see in their entire lives?", he took deep, shuddering breath, his breathing becoming increasingly uneven, and coughed, once, and spat at the ground.

Star Gazer

Isnar stayed calm. Knows me by name, like he's a great friend. Khajiits, a feline race who have honed their skills of lying and deceit to the highest level. He is taking deep breaths, then shallow, short breaths. The sword did not puncture a lung. He is having a panic attack and he doesn't even know it, that will explain the nausea and possibly the headache as well... poor kitty. Finish treatment. He will be fine. Even if his kidneys are damaged, the toxins in his blood will not affect him, if he is telling the truth of vampiric nature. Isnar thought. "If you don't think about breathing, it will be fine. Kidneys may be damaged, but won't hurt you in any way. You may experience pain in your sides, but it will go away the next time you feed. We have venison if you want it. I'm going to finish sewing you up, but keep you tied." Isnar said. He finished the stitching, and heard the khajiit's breathing soften and slow down. Isnar pulled the cat to his feet and led him to the others. "Fixed."

S'darkiir's head hurt, but the pain had lessened slightly, the wound in his back hurt much less, but now that that was fixed the arrow wounds started to throb, he had used potions to help with healing but he needed to feed and rest. Thinking of his potions made him realize that he had lost his satchel when he pounced on Wulf, he had felt as if he was missing something but now he knew why. When Isnar pulled him up he shifted body as if trying to regain his balance, he felt his two steel daggers wedged in his belt, the two strapped to his chest, and his dragon bone dagger hidden in his boot. So he had almost everything, he would need his bag again though. The old man led him out into the camp site and to the others, who gave him cold hard looks. "Fixed.", the old man announced. S'darkiir looked at the ground, he certainly was not enjoying the way things have been turning out for him, "Khajiit appreciates the undeserved help he has received. Perhaps we can speak civilly?", he smiled sheepishly, and held out his bonds, they were starting to hurt his burn which had stopped healing, leaving the arm with patches of missing fur that revealed the dark burned flesh underneath, unfortunately the ropes covered most of the burn, hiding it from sympathy.

Ma'PiriThePure

The fluff under your bed.
    With a snort, she stood and turned away from the vampire, arms folding tight against her chest. The wariness of her companions made her think twice before attacking, and their obvious desire to not outright kill the thing put her out a bit. ''He's practically dead anyway...'' she muttered, heading back to camp with the others. Out of frustration, she tore hefty chunks of venison off the fire and devoured them, taking out her anger on the delicious meal.

With muted interest, she listened in on the conversation between Isnar and the vampire, scrunching up her nose at the sound of his thick coughing. Every time he spit, she felt the need to wash her mouth out. Once he was standing with the rest of them, she had collected herself enough that she wouldn't be making threats or actively trying to bash him to death with a rock. ''Might want to leave him bound,'' she said, her tone even and emotionless ''for now, at least.''

Zij'Qua El

Historical Archivist and Aspiring Writer
    The argonian paid little attention to the procession of events. As far as he was concerned the vampire was no threat as of the moment, though that may change if someone kept patching him up to almost-full strength, and they shouldn't squander their energy on anything but the path ahead.

He gave a last tug on the leather straps to ensure the tightness of the gear to his horse and strode towards the last part of their camp; the fire. All he needed to do was put it out and they would be on their way, but he decided to do it later.

He reached out and grabbed himself a portion of the venison and munched on it while he sat himself right next to Ma'Piri.

"We can not bring it. And we must leave very soon." He said this to everyone else in the group, trying to imply the heaviness of the situation they were in.

"If he shows again as a threat, then I have no problem in letting Ma'Piri kill him.", the wood elf said. S'darkiir was not fond of being desperate, "Wait! Let me come with you!", he shouted, causing him to cough slightly, "This one owes you for sparing our life, and as sour as the words taste, they must be said; Khajiit is indebted to you, especially Wulf for not killing me, and Isnar for helping me with the worst of my wounds, let this one come with you, I am more worth to you as an ally than an enemy."

Zij'Qua El

The argonian looked at the undead cat, head tilted and his brows angled.

"A wounded and dangerous khajiit hellspawn who starves for the blood of living creatures is useful to us, who are about to head high into the peaks to fight off a dangerous enemy whose ambush has already wounded us to the point where I contemplate turning back?"

Zij'Qua El folded his arms across his chest and shook his head.

Ma'PiriThePure

Ma'Piri giggled at Zij's comment, washing down her hastily eaten meal with some water. For a moment, the collective conversation sank into her, then she looked up, her face considerably more relaxed, even happy. ''Perhaps he should come with us.'' she said brightly. ''No one kills him, he can feed on the Forsworn, then be on his merry way while we make off with our... earnings, and if he does try something, I'll split him like a stuck elk.'' She grinned and set her hand on Zij's arm, looking at him earnestly. ''One more body might work to our advantage, especially since it's in his best interest to feed. Besides, one more man to our party, and the lower our individual chances are of dying. The more targets for them to attack, the more likely you are to make it out alive.''

Zij'Qua El

The full effect of an arognian's eyes going wide is quite a surprise to many who are unfamiliar to them, so it might've been quite the learning experience for anyone looking at him to see his eyes pop at Ma'Piri touching his arm. He settled down after a heartbeat (though, internally, it felt to be an eternity) and smiled almost sheepishly at the cat.

"Ah.. well... yes. That too. I would not wish for harm to come of us. Or you." The awkwardness in his tone was very notable, though it changed instantaneously when he looked over the others again, "But time is being wasted. I begin to fear why we have not been attacked as of last night or since."

Star Gazer

With a minute or two of silence, the awkwardness was getting to Isnar. Awkard, that is something you don't get too much out here. Awkwarness was something that usually happens among friends. Isnar almost enjoyed it, but he was getting uncomfortable. "On we go, lovebirds." Isnar said. This may have come back to him in the form of a furry slap to the face, but it got them moving.

S'darkiir was stunned to silence, his patience for the kitten had run thin, so her sudden warmness had caught him quite off guard. He regained his composure after a moment of wide eyed astonishment. "Ja'khajiit, why are you so kind now?", he addressed her in Ta'agra, the native tongue of Elseweyr, and called her Ja'khajiit, Kitten. He hoped she knew it, is she did not he would most likely lose all the little remaining respect he had for her. He shivered, he was starving. Next Forswon he saw was going to be a tasty meal indeed.

Ma'PiriThePure

Ma'Piri cast a cold glance to Isnar; his once appealing nature had begun to bite at her nerves a bit. Absentmindedly, her hand slipped from Zij'Qua El's forearm down to his wrist, and in her subdued embarrassment and frustration, she gripped it tightly. Sure, she liked him, but lovebirds...? Out of curiosity toward her own feelings, she glanced to the Argonian, feeling her heart dance in her chest.

S'Dakiir's sudden use of her mother tongue was surprising to say the least, and she turned to him, eyes wide and ears open. ''Ja'Khajiit, eh...?'' Her lips curled in an angry smirk. ''Don't mistake my strategy for a warm heart.'' she replied in kind, the sudden use of Ta'agra surely a bit confusing to the rest of the group. She stared hard at the vampire for a moment, but the look softened and she sighed. ''And vampire or no, we should watch over one another in these foreign and unfriendly lands.'' The young cat gave the vampire a warning glare, pointing her finger directly at his chest. ''One mistake though, and you're bear food.''

Zij'Qua El

The argonian lost his cool behavior again when he felt the grip on his wrist, suddenly feeling extremely hot under the scales. He looked away, even when the two cats began to speak to eachother in some exotic tongue. He lost the ability to stay cool what with the insinuations against him and Ma'Piri from the others and her closeness.

"Y-yes. Can we just get on with this?" He never felt his throat more dry.

S'darkiir let loose a hearty Khajiiti laugh, both at the argonian and Ma'Piri. "You are indeed a true Khajiit! This one is very glad to see another who misses the sands of home.", he told her in their native tongue. He turned his attention to Zij, "And my dear lizard, do you truly believe we are hellspawn? This one scoffs at this. If anything is from Oblivion it would be your blade my friend. Khajiit is no spawn of hell, hehe oh no not at, simply cursed with a disease he cannot be rid of. But I assure you, you have made a most wise choice indeed, I think you will come to see this one as quite an asset. Not only are we a Vampire, which might repulse you at first, but will prove to be useful in battle, but this one has also trained in the Bards College in Solitude! Entertainment is most welcome when walking into trap, yes?". He coughed slightly and licked his dry, cracked lips, then put on his confident grin.

Star Gazer

Isnar grinned, revealing the few teeth he actually had. "Maybe entertainment is something we need before battle." Isnar said, searching the area. He raised his head slightly, as he saw a branch of juniper berries, his favorite. He broke off the entire branch from the bush, and started plucking the berries from it as he walked back. He popped them into his mouth. The flavor surged through his mouth, and he thought twice about sharing the great tasting berries with the group, but after an argument with himself he held out his hand, offering the juniper berries to the rest.

Zij'Qua El

Zij'Qua El lost his awkwardness and looked at the speaking cat incredulously.

"I have traveled many places. And I hear tale of cures of your damnable curse." His eyes narrowed at the cat now, "If you truly did not wish to be such a forsaken creature you would have found the way." The opinion of the cat, which was a little less than neutral before, just dropped a significant amount of points. The lizard turned away and went back to om nom nomming his venison, leaning back (and maybe slightly against Ma'Piri). "Just get ready. We travel soon."

Ma'PiriThePure

"Just get ready. We travel soon." She finished the last bits of her meal, turning down the offer of berries from Isnar. After a final check that all of her things were either strapped to her or hidden away on her person, she leaned against Zij and rested her head on his shoulder. She was beginning to feel a bit of fatigue, but decided that perhaps, on their way there, she could catch a few minutes of sleep. It was hard to believe that just a few days ago she was plodding along alone, seeking only the most simple of necessities. This adventure turned her into a soldier of fortune, gave her friends ( even if they were a bit strange ), and a much more definite purpose. She smiled. ''Ready when you are, men.''

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts