• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
Oh, sorry, given the history on your passed posts I thought you were being serious.

My mistake :)

that is the beauty of the internet. Joking/trolling can be seen as serious if people believe you have a history of being serious.

Well yeah, thats true.

and like I said, there are no lore-savvy stormcloaks here, if you want reasoning from the rebels, best to head to the official bethsoft forums and ask them there.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
that is the beauty of the internet. Joking/trolling can be seen as serious if people believe you have a history of being serious.

Well yeah, thats true.

and like I said, there are no lore-savvy stormcloaks here, if you want reasoning from the rebels, best to head to the official bethsoft forums and ask them there.

Well you never know, new people join everyday and I doubt that you know everybody here, you never know who might come along :)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
i dont understand how this topic is so controversial. both in this thread and in the other HUGE one :confused:

Iv done both sides of the war and didnt feel very strongly either way. In support of Ulfric (for no other reason except he seems to be lacking supporters) maybe he is just a typical nord and is doing what he thinks is right for Syrim and the other nords.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
i dont understand how this topic is so controversial. both in this thread and in the other HUGE one :confused:

Iv done both sides of the war and didnt feel very strongly either way. In support of Ulfric (for no other reason except he seems to be lacking supporters) maybe he is just a typical nord and is doing what he thinks is right for Syrim and the other nords.

Maybe. I could just be reading to much into this.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
This is more of query surrounding lore than a statement/argument, but do you think Hammerfell being victorious over the Aldmeri Dominion and seceding from the Empire could have some influence on Ulfric's reason for rebelling? Of course he wants to be High King, but perhaps he might think, "Hey, the Redguards did it, why can't we?"

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
This is more of query surrounding lore than a statement/argument, but do you think Hammerfell being victorious over the Aldmeri Dominion and seceding from the Empire could have some influence on Ulfric's reason for rebelling? Of course he wants to be High King, but perhaps he might think, "Hey, the Redguards did it, why can't we?"

Yes some Nords believe that and it is mentioned in game one is influenced by the Hammerfell independence.

Not sure about Ulfric though, he is motivated by hatred against the Empire.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I created this thread so people could give me there opinons on the War, and either influence to to pick one side or another, and happy you're doing exactly the opposite :/ If the Stormcloaks are full of nonsensical fanatics like yourself, that even bring in personal matters to an irrelevant topic, i'd rather not join :/ One bad apple spoils the bunch.

Still though, Stormcloaks please provide me with some proper justification and reasoning, i'm still pretty open minded :D.
yea seriously m8.. quit pretending nobody has brought you better argument, its embarrassing.. the blatant fact that you're still claiming this bs proves you went into the creation of this thread ALREADY with an opinion and simply wanted to stir up some controversy which i ALREADY knew from the get go and SHOULD have known better.. my advice to you is as was from the begining, if you want proof seek it yourself.. all you caused here was to start a bunch of pl***, get somebody banned "namely ME" and make your name here as a complete and total asshole.. i'm sure trolls like drunko are shaking your hand and couldn't be happier for your arrival but from an adult standpoint.. grow the fuk up.

You're acting like I am the one thats getting you banned? You're the one being extremely offensive and childish. I came into this with doubts about Ulfric and so far there hasn't been any justification for his action apart from 'THEY DESERVED IT' 'BETTER TO DIE THAN TO LIVE'. Please just stop posting on this thread, you're becoming extremely toxic and its getting annoying. The fact that you are bring personal things into shows that you have lost the argument. Please don't bother replying and just leave, I don't think anybody wants you on this thread, and you are indeed giving Stormcloaks a bad name.
mate i'm actually trying to help you.. and i dunno why cause this has been your attitude since the begining.. i was trying to save you from recieving false lore that i knew you would get but you obviously were intending on trolling from the start.. and if you want me to quit posting on your troll bating thread than so be it.
I created this thread so people could give me there opinons on the War, and either influence to to pick one side or another, and happy you're doing exactly the opposite :/ If the Stormcloaks are full of nonsensical fanatics like yourself, that even bring in personal matters to an irrelevant topic, i'd rather not join :/ One bad apple spoils the bunch.

Still though, Stormcloaks please provide me with some proper justification and reasoning, i'm still pretty open minded :D.
yea seriously m8.. quit pretending nobody has brought you better argument, its embarrassing.. the blatant fact that you're still claiming this bs proves you went into the creation of this thread ALREADY with an opinion and simply wanted to stir up some controversy which i ALREADY knew from the get go and SHOULD have known better.. my advice to you is as was from the begining, if you want proof seek it yourself.. all you caused here was to start a bunch of pl***, get somebody banned "namely ME" and make your name here as a complete and total asshole.. i'm sure trolls like drunko are shaking your hand and couldn't be happier for your arrival but from an adult standpoint.. grow the fuk up.

You're an idiot, the only person who needs to grow up is you.

You can't stand up to debate, so you bitch about others and insult them. When it finally comes back onto you, it's poor victim clown. You're lucky you weren't banned long ago.

You come into someone's thread, throw around insults and when you're debated you go on and on about how everyone is against you and how they're manipulated into being against you, because you're so right.

You're a complete moron, I've restrained myself in the past on every debate when you're involved to ignore what you say and remain mature. But you're perhaps the most stupid, arrogant little bitch on these forums.

Stop bitching and blaming everyone else for your stupid decisions and remarks, get over yourself and move on. Go troll another forum.
seriously? lol sad part is you are such a delusional weirdo i'm sure you actually believe this bs.. the only cure for people as ignorant as you is to have the stupid beat out of them, i don't even have the words to describe you, i'd say pathetic but that is an understatement, i dunno what you are.. fukin freak! and all those butt buddies of yours i feel sorry for, you manipulative sick bastard, if only they could see you for what you truly are.. hypocrite gd FREAK!

AS88

Staff member

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
truce.. alliance.. call it what you will.. the bottom line is these imperials you guys glorify are helping an army of tyrannical monsters lay waste to their own people and there is no justification in that what-so-ever no matter how hard you pretend for it to be. you can say "aww but... they just can't fight the thalmor yet" NO! thats just an excuse for their cowardice, Ulfric has the right idea! ever study old samurai culture? by their view points the imperial legion would be classified as the lowest form of coward there is.

Right! So lets muster up all of the Imperial Legion and get slaughtered! Why didn't Tullius think of that? And with no Legion the Thalmor are free to stride into Skyrim and do whatever they want to it, including killing all Nords. You're ideals are simply amazing.
better to die on your feet fighting than on your knees like a dog.. what you don't understand is even if you remain calm while trying to build your army up, what exactly do you think the thalmor are doing??? sitting around playing chess!? good gosh man THINK!!! they too are building up their own forces and when that happens all that preparation would be for NOTHING. and this is what Ulfric understands and why i can't help but agree with his side of the story.. in "reality" this war strategy has proved smartest throughout history AND why the samurai rained for as long as they did! look it up m8!
I don't disagree with you on Ulfrich perhaps seeing that, but, where does the seperatist movement of his come in? Even if you took every person in Skryim and conscripted them to his Stormcloaks, he wouldn't have a force to oppose even the Empire, let alone the Thalmor. Wouldn't it make more sense, rather than completely alienating the Empire during the independence movement, to do it diplomatically so that Skyrim had less of an adversarial relationship and more of an ally relationship? To me, given that the Dominion not only nearly wiped out the Empire, but holds so much of Tamriel in it's sway, they would seem far too powerful for one province to take on on their own.
While I do not disagree with the need for independence in thought, worship and economy that the rebellion represents, I just think there has to be a less adversarial relationship available out there. Besides, can you imagine what would happen to the economy of Windhelm, Solitude and any other port city if the Empire simply didn't do trade with them any more and closed off routes? Just a thought.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
mate i'm actually trying to help you.. and i dunno why cause this has been your attitude since the begining.. i was trying to save you from recieving false lore that i knew you would get but you obviously were intending on trolling from the start.. and if you want me to quit posting on your troll bating thread than so be it.
Disagreeing with you isn't trolling. This isn't a matter of, "Gosh, if everyone just thought for a moment, they'd see that I'm right!".

the only cure for people as ignorant as you is to have the stupid beat out of them,
Jeez, man. You kind of remind me of the Thalmor there.
i don't even have the words to describe you, i'd say pathetic but that is an understatement, i dunno what you are.. fukin freak!
Jeez, man.
and all those butt buddies of yours
For what it's worth, I never have had nor do I have any intention of ever having anything to do with Drunko's butt.
i feel sorry for, you manipulative sick bastard, if only they could see you for what you truly are.. hypocrite gd FREAK!

Jeez.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Right! So lets muster up all of the Imperial Legion and get slaughtered! Why didn't Tullius think of that? And with no Legion the Thalmor are free to stride into Skyrim and do whatever they want to it, including killing all Nords. You're ideals are simply amazing.
better to die on your feet fighting than on your knees like a dog.. what you don't understand is even if you remain calm while trying to build your army up, what exactly do you think the thalmor are doing??? sitting around playing chess!? good gosh man THINK!!! they too are building up their own forces and when that happens all that preparation would be for NOTHING. and this is what Ulfric understands and why i can't help but agree with his side of the story.. in "reality" this war strategy has proved smartest throughout history AND why the samurai rained for as long as they did! look it up m8!
I don't disagree with you on Ulfrich perhaps seeing that, but, where does the seperatist movement of his come in? Even if you took every person in Skryim and conscripted them to his Stormcloaks, he wouldn't have a force to oppose even the Empire, let alone the Thalmor. Wouldn't it make more sense, rather than completely alienating the Empire during the independence movement, to do it diplomatically so that Skyrim had less of an adversarial relationship and more of an ally relationship? To me, given that the Dominion not only nearly wiped out the Empire, but holds so much of Tamriel in it's sway, they would seem far too powerful for one province to take on on their own.
While I do not disagree with the need for independence in thought, worship and economy that the rebellion represents, I just think there has to be a less adversarial relationship available out there. Besides, can you imagine what would happen to the economy of Windhelm, Solitude and any other port city if the Empire simply didn't do trade with them any more and closed off routes? Just a thought.
whaa.. lol where exactly are you getting that his forces can't oppose the thalmor? you've obviously been listening to drunkos made up story line.. no, the stormcloaks are well capable of taking out the thalmor and could easily take out the empire, well.. maybe not "easily" but they certainly are not too weak to do so, the imperial legion is no greater or smaller than the stormcloak rebellion, i go by the actual game story, not imperial fan fiction.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
ok, while i don't believe that for one second lemme give you one, observe-
1. yall say the stormcloaks are these horrible bigots who hate everybody and only want nord surpremacy-
fact- the stormcloak rebellion was formed out of desperativity to fight back the invading thalmor who have flat out admitted that their over all goal is to wipe out all nords from the earth and enslave everyone else. sound familiar? that might be because the german nazis wanted to do this to all jews back in ww2 in REAL LIFE.

Stormcloaks were formed years ago to further Ulfric's ambitions, he used the rally of the Talos ban to gather supporters. He found he gained little support over it, so he killed the High King to send a message to the other Jarls.

It is mentioned in-game that Stormcloaks are against what they call 'outsiders' which is every other race. They refuse to buy and trade with Non-Nords.

2. this imperial legion all you guys worship are the ultimate ally to these nazis *cough* sorry "Thalmor"
you mine as well call them "nazi sympathizers" cause to support a group that is trying to quite literally wipe out every last race of people other than themselves is not only wrong, its disturbing. THESE are your precious imperials!

Ally isn't the word you're looking for. Both the Empire and the Thalmor make mentions of another war against each other. Though if we're talking about wiping out every last race, you perhaps already know (Since you're full of facts) that Ulfric already did nearly wipe out every last race. He fulfilled the prophecy and unleashed Alduin the World-Eater.

3. Ulfric and the stormcloaks are racist..
fact- listen to some of the dialog in windhelm, you'll notice the conversation with the dark elf and the nord says to her "you pollute our city with your filth and you refuse to help the stormcloaks"
this proves 2 things- 1. that they DO in fact allow ANY race into their ranks, thats proven when he says "refuse to help" they would gladly take her in but she hasn't chosen a side.. and 2. that they're not hating races just for not being nord, they're detesting these people cause they REFUSE to help the stormcloaks! has NOTHING to do with race.

There's much dialogue in Windhelm against Ulfric and the Stormcloaks. Which you denied and called it fan boy nonsense and some stupid book. You're willing to deny like half of Windhelm but then use Rolff Stone-Fist as to why the Stormcloaks aren't racist?

Many in Windhelm do nothing to help the Stormcloaks, by your logic they should be segregated. The Dunmer and Argonians are being racially targeted. You can't say "It is because they don't help" Because many don't help the Stormcloaks and they're not being segregated.

It has everything to do with race, using all capitals on certain words doesn't make it true.

4. the stormcloaks are only at war with the empire cause they support the thalmor, how can they fight an enemy when they can't even get to them cause their main ally is all up in their grill? answer? they can't! they MUST eliminate the empire before they can engage the thalmor, the empire WILL NOT join them! they've made that perfectly clear!

Ulfric must eliminate the Empire? "We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's cousin is getting married! If royal blood was spilt, all of Cyrodiil would be up in arms. We can't afford an all out war with the Empire. So we'll bide our time for now." - Ulfric

Why would the Empire join Ulfric Stormcloak? Cyrodiil isn't completely involved, yet. If they were the Stormcloaks would be destroyed quickly. It is a Civil War, between the Nords. Not a war between Stormcloaks/Cyrodiil.

5. and i just wanna repeat this because.. you're precious imperial legion is allied to a group of bigoted elves who wish to more less take over the world! now explain to me how that doesn't make THEM just as evil???
oh and not that it matters but, you remember the opening cutscene? yea that was the EMPIRE trying to cut your head off.
THIS is why i'm hated, i more less prove drunko and his made up theories WRONG, and it hurts his feelings and all his buddies.
btw never seen a well-presented stormcloak argument? and don't try and tell me "that isn't a well presented argument" cause we both know that would just be an excuse..

You should actually play the opening scene in Helgen again. Take it from the Imperials point of view, you were captured in an ambush with Ulfric Stormcloak and his personal bodyguards.

The only thing you say in your defense, is your name. You say nothing else, besides your character's name.

So why should the Legion get blamed, your own character doesn't even say anything until out of Helgen. They should just give you special treatment, cause you weren't on the list which could of been an oversight. Even Ulfric Stormcloak calls your character a criminal.
1. the stormcloaks WERE NOT formed to "further Ulfric's ambitions" jeez.. where the hell do you get this stuff??? lmao!!
they were formed as a resistance to fight back against the thalmor who are trying to eliminate all nords and enslave everyone else.. in other words, what the empire SHOULD be doing but won't.
2. i'm not sure about your "Ulfric unleashing the world eater" theory, i'm not saying you're wrong, just that i've never heard anything about that throughout the game and i've played through hundreds of times.. i do know that you are wrong about him supposedly wiping out nearly all races, that is completely false and more of your fanboy fiction meant to further demonize him.. he did however put everyone to the sword who wouldn't fight with him during one occasion "The Bear of Markarth" can't remember many details, been awhile since i read that book.. look i never said he was a saint! but he IS a necessary evil since the empire will not fight the thalmor.. somebodies got to.
3. Rollf stone-fist is a racist jerk, i'll give you that.. "pisses me off that you can't kill him, stupid infinite health bs" but there are bad apples in the legion as well and some of them are also racist, the only reason you're not pointing out this fact is cause it would throw a catch 22 in your theory..
4. yea, Ulfric was biding his time, holding off on fighting the empire, whats wrong with that? oh right!! being patient and building up your forces is only smart when its the "empire" doing it.. how silly of me.. lol
5. you weren't given a chance to state your case, in fact its never even told what you were guilty of aside from being caught in the presence of Ulfric.. i have no clue where you're going with this one..

Daelon DuLac

whaa.. lol where exactly are you getting that his forces can't oppose the thalmor? you've obviously been listening to drunkos made up story line.. no, the stormcloaks are well capable of taking out the thalmor and could easily take out the empire, well.. maybe not "easily" but they certainly are not too weak to do so, the imperial legion is no greater or smaller than the stormcloak rebellion, i go by the actual game story, not imperial fan fiction.
Really? I certainly agree that the Stormies certainly have a very, very good chance of taking out the Imperial force that is in Skyrim, but, given that it is really only the tiniest fraction of the total Imperial force (the same holds true for the Thalmor as well - what, they've got a couple hundred in Skryim tops?), I don't think, as sparcely populated as SR is, that they would stand a chance against the full forces of the Empire or the Dominion.

I'm just thinking that Skyrim really doesn't have that many people as compared to most other of the provinces (especially Cyrodil) so the actual military force available in the other provinces must be considerable.

Hmm...

Daelon DuLac

ok, while i don't believe that for one second lemme give you one, observe-
1. yall say the stormcloaks are these horrible bigots who hate everybody and only want nord surpremacy-
fact- the stormcloak rebellion was formed out of desperativity to fight back the invading thalmor who have flat out admitted that their over all goal is to wipe out all nords from the earth and enslave everyone else. sound familiar? that might be because the german nazis wanted to do this to all jews back in ww2 in REAL LIFE.

Stormcloaks were formed years ago to further Ulfric's ambitions, he used the rally of the Talos ban to gather supporters. He found he gained little support over it, so he killed the High King to send a message to the other Jarls.

It is mentioned in-game that Stormcloaks are against what they call 'outsiders' which is every other race. They refuse to buy and trade with Non-Nords.

2. this imperial legion all you guys worship are the ultimate ally to these nazis *cough* sorry "Thalmor"
you mine as well call them "nazi sympathizers" cause to support a group that is trying to quite literally wipe out every last race of people other than themselves is not only wrong, its disturbing. THESE are your precious imperials!

Ally isn't the word you're looking for. Both the Empire and the Thalmor make mentions of another war against each other. Though if we're talking about wiping out every last race, you perhaps already know (Since you're full of facts) that Ulfric already did nearly wipe out every last race. He fulfilled the prophecy and unleashed Alduin the World-Eater.

3. Ulfric and the stormcloaks are racist..
fact- listen to some of the dialog in windhelm, you'll notice the conversation with the dark elf and the nord says to her "you pollute our city with your filth and you refuse to help the stormcloaks"
this proves 2 things- 1. that they DO in fact allow ANY race into their ranks, thats proven when he says "refuse to help" they would gladly take her in but she hasn't chosen a side.. and 2. that they're not hating races just for not being nord, they're detesting these people cause they REFUSE to help the stormcloaks! has NOTHING to do with race.

There's much dialogue in Windhelm against Ulfric and the Stormcloaks. Which you denied and called it fan boy nonsense and some stupid book. You're willing to deny like half of Windhelm but then use Rolff Stone-Fist as to why the Stormcloaks aren't racist?

Many in Windhelm do nothing to help the Stormcloaks, by your logic they should be segregated. The Dunmer and Argonians are being racially targeted. You can't say "It is because they don't help" Because many don't help the Stormcloaks and they're not being segregated.

It has everything to do with race, using all capitals on certain words doesn't make it true.

4. the stormcloaks are only at war with the empire cause they support the thalmor, how can they fight an enemy when they can't even get to them cause their main ally is all up in their grill? answer? they can't! they MUST eliminate the empire before they can engage the thalmor, the empire WILL NOT join them! they've made that perfectly clear!

Ulfric must eliminate the Empire? "We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's cousin is getting married! If royal blood was spilt, all of Cyrodiil would be up in arms. We can't afford an all out war with the Empire. So we'll bide our time for now." - Ulfric

Why would the Empire join Ulfric Stormcloak? Cyrodiil isn't completely involved, yet. If they were the Stormcloaks would be destroyed quickly. It is a Civil War, between the Nords. Not a war between Stormcloaks/Cyrodiil.

5. and i just wanna repeat this because.. you're precious imperial legion is allied to a group of bigoted elves who wish to more less take over the world! now explain to me how that doesn't make THEM just as evil???
oh and not that it matters but, you remember the opening cutscene? yea that was the EMPIRE trying to cut your head off.
THIS is why i'm hated, i more less prove drunko and his made up theories WRONG, and it hurts his feelings and all his buddies.
btw never seen a well-presented stormcloak argument? and don't try and tell me "that isn't a well presented argument" cause we both know that would just be an excuse..

You should actually play the opening scene in Helgen again. Take it from the Imperials point of view, you were captured in an ambush with Ulfric Stormcloak and his personal bodyguards.

The only thing you say in your defense, is your name. You say nothing else, besides your character's name.

So why should the Legion get blamed, your own character doesn't even say anything until out of Helgen. They should just give you special treatment, cause you weren't on the list which could of been an oversight. Even Ulfric Stormcloak calls your character a criminal.
1. the stormcloaks WERE NOT formed to "further Ulfric's ambitions" jeez.. where the hell do you get this stuff??? lmao!!
they were formed as a resistance to fight back against the thalmor who are trying to eliminate all nords and enslave everyone else.. in other words, what the empire SHOULD be doing but won't.
2. i'm not sure about your "Ulfric unleashing the world eater" theory, i'm not saying you're wrong, just that i've never heard anything about that throughout the game and i've played through hundreds of times.. i do know that you are wrong about him supposedly wiping out nearly all races, that is completely false and more of your fanboy fiction meant to further demonize him.. he did however put everyone to the sword who wouldn't fight with him during one occasion "The Bear of Markarth" can't remember many details, been awhile since i read that book.. look i never said he was a saint! but he IS a necessary evil since the empire will not fight the thalmor.. somebodies got to.
3. Rollf stone-fist is a racist jerk, i'll give you that.. "pisses me off that you can't kill him, stupid infinite health bs" but there are bad apples in the legion as well and some of them are also racist, the only reason you're not pointing out this fact is cause it would throw a catch 22 in your theory..
4. yea, Ulfric was biding his time, holding off on fighting the empire, whats wrong with that? oh right!! being patient and building up your forces is only smart when its the "empire" doing it.. how silly of me.. lol
5. you weren't given a chance to state your case, in fact its never even told what you were guilty of aside from being caught in the presence of Ulfric.. i have no clue where you're going with this one..
Just a comment on 2.: I think the prophesy says that Alduin will return when Brother fights Brother (Empire vs. Stormcloaks?). From the whole Helgen sequence, I actually got the impression that Alduin was there for the character (he does look directly at you for goodness sake). I am quite sure that Alduin knew you were the Dragonborn before you did.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Disagreeing with you isn't trolling. This isn't a matter of, "Gosh, if everyone just thought for a moment, they'd see that I'm right!".

the only cure for people as ignorant as you is to have the stupid beat out of them,
Jeez, man. You kind of remind me of the Thalmor there.
i don't even have the words to describe you, i'd say pathetic but that is an understatement, i dunno what you are.. fukin freak!
Jeez, man.
and all those butt buddies of yours
For what it's worth, I never have had nor do I have any intention of ever having anything to do with Drunko's butt.
i feel sorry for, you manipulative sick bastard, if only they could see you for what you truly are.. hypocrite gd FREAK!

Jeez.
harsh words m8, i get it.. but very, VERY mild compared to what was said to me.. i just love how all you guys conveniently overlook the fact that every insult i have posted in this thread has been in defense after getting verbally trashed.. reporting is obviously useless considering drunko has a mod in his back pocket so i gave up on that.
now lets take a look at your boy's latest rant-
i was called a bitch.
an arrogant little bitch
a loser
a troll
an idiot
a hypocrite "LOVE that one considering the pot calling the kettle" lol
a foolish or "mindless" retard something "think his butthurt was confusing his words on this one"
and accused of basically everything "HE" is guilty of.. hypocrite huh? lmfao!!
there were many other insults, some even harsher than the ones i mentioned but you get the point..
but all that is ok right? so long as "I" am the one being insulted, bashed, dissed, and falsely accused it is perfectly fine.. but if i dare to defend myself i am the worst scum on the internet, correct?
oh and all that hate mr.drunko posted my way.. it was all for simply having a different opinion than him.