• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Ladies and gentleman, case solved. The Empire is racist and bad because they're not forcing the Argonians to live in Whiterun. Argonians can live where ever they want to live.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
imperial fanboys like Drunkenmage will tell you yes, but he doesn't go by the "actual" story of the game itself so i urge you not to fall for his bs and do your own research. Ulfric does not work for the thalmor in any way, shape or form, true lore states he was held captive and tortured by them for many months, Uflric's hatred for the thalmor actually surpasses that of anyone in Skyrim, simply cause of what they did to him, you can only imagine the torture methods they used on the poor guy.. next time you do the quest "Diplomatic Immunity" pay close attention to the various notes and journals you encounter, there is a ton of back story found throughout that quest providing all the answers you need, asking about this on here you will only get opinions not facts so you're much better off researching it yourself. ;)

That maybe so, but the discrimination that he holds towards all other races is undeserving. As I recall the Thalmor tortured him yes? So why do the Argonians have to live outside of the city? What is the justification for that? Because he was tortured by Thalmor he now hates all races but his own? How senseless.
there is no proof that he discriminates against any other race, thats "made up imperial fanboy bs" meant to demonize them, its not actually true.. most towns people who support the stormcloaks do in fact resent elves because they refuse to help Ulfric and his cause, NOT just cause they are elves. as for argonians you won't find any in most imperial controlled holds either, whiterun for example has no argonians, of course imperial fanboys won't tell you that.. lol

Need I remind you that Argonians are notorious dockworkers and as such mainly live in areas around the sea and lakes, take windhelm for example, and because of this they would have no reason to live in somehwhere as central and Whiterun. They are also numbered in Riften because of the Lake there, and the docks. I noticed in Riften though that they are actually allowed inside of the city, whether it is controlled by the Stormcloaks or the Imperials, this does not reflect well on Ulfric.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Need I remind you that Argonians are notorious dockworkers and as such mainly live in areas around the sea and lakes, take windhelm for example, and because of this they would have no reason to live in somehwhere as central and Whiterun. They are also numbered in Riften because of the Lake there, and the docks. I noticed in Riften though that they are actually allowed inside of the city, whether it is controlled by the Stormcloaks or the Imperials, this does not reflect well on Ulfric.

Stormcloaks also forget, it was all Empire controlled until Ulfric killed the High King several months ago in game.

Hence the quest line is labeled 'Reunification of Skyrim' The Empire are retaking the Holds.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
there is no proof that he discriminates against any other race, thats "made up imperial fanboy bs" meant to demonize them, its not actually true.. most towns people who support the stormcloaks do in fact resent elves because they refuse to help Ulfric and his cause, NOT just cause they are elves. as for argonians you won't find any in most imperial controlled holds either, whiterun for example has no argonians, of course imperial fanboys won't tell you that.. lol

No proof? Made up Imperial fan boy bs...

Yeah, all of this evidence is a conspiracy by Imperial supporters.

"The Dark Elves were all forced to live in a slum called the Grey Quarter. The Argonians can't even live inside the walls. They're all stuck out on the docks." http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alfarinn

"Things have been a lot worse around here since Ulfric took over."

"At long last, Windhelm is free. No longer must we suffer persecution at the hands of Ulfric Stormcloak."

"Well you see where we have to live. This forgotten alley. All the filth from the upper quarters flows downhill, like they say. Good luck getting one of the guards to help with anything. I tried to get Ulfric to even come down here to see the squalor, but the High Lord of His Mightiness couldn't find the time."
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ambarys_Rendar

"I don't see why we should live as an underclass to the Nords."

"You've seen how we live -- cramped alleys, run-down buildings, few guard patrols. Even the name 'Gray Quarter' is an insult."

"Windhelm is divided into four quarters. The Gray Quarter is the one that's home to all the city's Dark Elves. If it looks to you like an impoverished slum, that's because it is. Ulfric prefers that we live in squalor. He has nothing but disdain for anyone who isn't a Nord. He tolerates us, but that's the extent of his hospitality."

"When Ulfric was killed, justice was done. That might sound harsh, but it's how I feel."

"Ulfric and his Stormcloaks made no secret of their disdain for the Dark Elves. In fact, they didn't seem to care much for anyone who wasn't a Nord. The folk of the Empire have always had a more cosmopolitan view of the world, so I'm glad to see them in charge." http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Malthyr_Elenil

"I'm a Dark Elf and I live in Windhelm, so yes, I live in the Gray Quarter. You must be new around here, or you'd know they don't let my kind live anywhere outside that slum."

"The Empire hasn't been in charge for that long, and real change takes time. Still, having a just and honorable man like Brunwulf in charge can only be an improvement. Unlike Ulfric, Brunwulf has shown a great willingness to work with the other races and make us feel more at home here. For the first time in a long while, I truly believe that there are brighter days ahead." http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Aval_Atheron

"Some of these Nords will come up with any excuse to despise us. And it isn't just the dark elves they hate -- they make a target of the Argonians as well. In fact, just about anyone who isn't a Nord is fair game for their bullying." http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Suvaris_Atheron

"I came here as a hatchling. The only thing colder than Skyrim is the Nords themselves, but we stick together."

"It's a new day in Windhelm. The Stormcloaks are gone, and so is their prejudice."

"You have no idea. Did you know it was his decree that forbade the Argonians from living inside the city walls? I hope in his next life, he's reborn as an Argonian forced to live in a slum because of some bigoted Nord dictator. I'm joking, of course, but I'm a lot happier seeing the Empire running things in Windhelm." http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Scouts-Many-Marshes

Fan boy bs aye?

So you're saying they're racially segregated because they don't help the "cause" The Dunmer, all work in Windhelm. They farm, sell goods and they pay taxes. No doubt all that would go into Ulfric's cause. By your 'facts' then how come all of the other races who don't help the Stormcloaks aren't forced to live in a slum? How come they're not racially segregated?

Now that son, is what an argument looks like. Though I didn't think you'd know that, because I recall you saying Ulfric is only called racist cause he's 'White'.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
That maybe so, but the discrimination that he holds towards all other races is undeserving. As I recall the Thalmor tortured him yes? So why do the Argonians have to live outside of the city? What is the justification for that? Because he was tortured by Thalmor he now hates all races but his own? How senseless.

need i remind you that windhelm is a stormcloak controlled hold, ironic that Ulfric's main city actually contains many argonians, considering they supposedly have this hatred for them.. lol but anyways m8, i see where this is going so believe what you want, i usually avoid this debate on here cause sooner or later somebodies feelings get hurt and despite how many times i've proven mr.Drunken wrong he just goes in circles, in other words its pointless to argue this with him, so i don't anymore, "hence why i haven't responded to him" he's a cool guy but this debate isn't his best conversation.. at the end of the day its more common sense than anything, the stormcloaks are a resistance against an invading army who's intent is to make slaves of everyone in the land, "can you really blame them for wanting to fight back?" while the imperial legion is an ally to this vicious army who enforces their will and law "why would anyone support them?" compare the two and it isn't hard to tell who the "bad guys" are.. imperial fanboys just like to over complicate the story cause of their strange fascination with this group.
and with that said i'm done with this topic.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Haha, had nothing other than giving my post a negative rating? Classic Stormcloaks...

Guess by feelings hurt, you were talking about yours.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

need i remind you that windhelm is a stormcloak controlled hold, ironic that Ulfric's main city actually contains many argonians, considering they supposedly have this hatred for them.. lol but anyways m8, i see where this is going so believe what you want, i usually avoid this debate on here cause sooner or later somebodies feelings get hurt and despite how many times i've proven mr.Drunken wrong he just goes in circles, in other words its pointless to argue this with him, so i don't anymore, "hence why i haven't responded to him" he's a cool guy but this debate isn't his best conversation.. at the end of the day its more common sense than anything, the stormcloaks are a resistance against an invading army who's intent is to make slaves of everyone in the land, "can you really blame them for wanting to fight back?" while the imperial legion is an ally to this vicious army who enforces their will and law "why would anyone support them?" compare the two and it isn't hard to tell who the "bad guys" are.. imperial fanboys just like to over complicate the story cause of their strange fascination with this group.

Yes, the point i'm making is that the Argonians are not allowed INSIDE Windhelms walls, and that its Ulfrics doing, where as in other Stormcloaks cities, like Riften, they are. What is the difference? Ulfric Stormcloak. And yes I can blame them for fighting back because its ignorant and is only helping the people they are swore to kill and take revenge on.

Thats my view anyway, I think if the Stormcloaks had a new leader they'd be better off, one with better ideals, less prejudice and one that is more realistic.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Haha, had nothing other than giving my post a negative rating? Classic Stormcloaks...
it doesn't matter how much i prove you wrong on this m8, you're going to believe what you want.. as for the book you posted, from what little i read of it, all it consisted of is made up nonsense you mostly posted yourself, you're not fooling anyone.. i could do the same thing if i wanted but like you it would prove nothing.. now take your fanboyism else where, good gosh you're an annoying little man, you're like a dog with a frizbee.. :rolleyes:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
it doesn't matter how much i prove you wrong on this m8, you're going to believe what you want.. as for the book you posted, from what little i read of it, all it consisted of is made up nonsense you mostly posted yourself, you're not fooling anyone.. i could do the same thing if i wanted but like you it would prove nothing.. now take your fanboyism else where, good gosh you're an annoying little man, you're like a dog with a frizbee.. :rolleyes:

I didn't post a book. I posted dialogue and provided the links to the characters. Good game,champ.

I wonder if you even read what you post. Cause you're the only one typing out nonsense.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
I'm playing through with an Argonian perspective, and with all that i've seen, Ulfric just doesn't seem like the right choice to me. By joining the Stormcloaks he expects me to fight for his cause, even though he is being prejudice to my race for no apparent reason. It just doesn't seem like a cause that I should get behind. And as I said before, the Argonians made a same bid for freedom, and they got it, they got independence from the Empire with little to no blood shed. As some Legates and soliders say, the Empire has always been in Skyrim, Ulfric was just waiting for a reason to attack the Legion. He doesn't seem to realise that attacking the Legion is only worsening the matter. The Empire is trying to rebuild and to gather strength to make itself strong enough to fight the Aldmeri and to take back whats their's.

Suppose he does win the War, There are two weakened forces that could be picked off by the Thalmor very easily, however if the Empire won, they would be united and would pose a greater threat to the Aldmeri Dominion, one that they would have to take seriously, one that they could not so easily dictate.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Yes, the point i'm making is that the Argonians are not allowed INSIDE Windhelms walls, and that its Ulfrics doing, where as in other Stormcloaks cities, like Riften, they are. What is the difference? Ulfric Stormcloak. And yes I can blame them for fighting back because its ignorant and is only helping the people they are swore to kill and take revenge on.

Thats my view anyway, I think if the Stormcloaks had a new leader they'd be better off, one with better ideals, less prejudice and one that is more realistic.
you DO blame them for fighting back!? lmfao!! so they're supposed to just sit there and be slaughtered??? you're either a sadist or you're just sick minded.. either way i'm glad you're not in our military.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

you DO blame them for fighting back!? lmfao!! so they're supposed to just sit there and be slaughtered??? you're either a sadist or you're just sick minded.. either way i'm glad you're not in our military.

They're not just fighting back against the Aldmeri, they're fighting the Imperials, they think by killing the Imperials that it'll weaken the Almderi Dominion? Its quite the opposite. It will give the Aldmeri the advantage they need to fully taken over the Empire, then what chance does the little Stormcloak band of rebels have against them?

AS88

Staff member

No, they're supposed to stay loyal to the Empire which is waiting to strike against the Thalmor at the best opportunity. You're failing to see the bigger picture, as you always have done on this topic.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'm starting to wonder if you're actually serious in what you post HappyFaceClown. Cause most times I always just thought you were being a fool and joking, with whatever came to the top of your head. I'm starting to wonder.

The stuff you post... Lol. If that is your actual believe, sad man, sad.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

They're not just fighting back against the Aldmeri, they're fighting the Imperials, they think by killing the Imperials that it'll weaken the Almderi Dominion? Its quite the opposite. It will give the Aldmeri the advantage they need to fully taken over the Empire, then what chance does the little Stormcloak band of rebels have against them?
they're fighting the imperials BECAUSE they ARE ally to the thalmor!!! ffs man it isn't brain surgery to understand this concept!
my goodness you guys PISS ME OFF with the ignorance!!!!!
its like trying to explain Mozart to a tree frog!! i give up.. have a pleasant evening, all of you.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

they're fighting the imperials BECAUSE they ARE ally to the thalmor!!! ffs man it isn't brain surgery to understand this concept!
my goodness you guys PISS ME OFF with the ignorance!!!!!
its like trying to explain Mozart to a tree frog!! i give up.. have a pleasant evening, all of you.

You don't seem to understand that the Empire is planning a counter-attack on the Thalmor, it just takes time and resources, the very same resources they are wasting to put down the petty Stormcloaks.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I find it interesting you find it so hard to understand the concept that in-game dialogue and in-game books aren't just all made up by Imperial fan boys. You deny just about everything, to have it all make sense in that mind of yours.

AS88

Staff member
XIIGenocide, do you feel like we've answered your question? :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts