Too many threads stickied on General Skyrim Discussion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
As the title says. There are 10 threads on the first page of General Skyrim Discussion right now... I feel that only a few of them are worth being kept on the first page like the FAQ one. Some are really outdated and have no purpose of being on the first page constantly...

Jonathan

Sorry for butting in here, but at a glance, I would recommend you should unpin the three topics that aren't yours, as they will be getting posted on anyway, and should stay on the first page of that forum. Fell free to disregard if you want to ;)

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I agree, besides if those 3 are unpinned and people have go look for them then they might see other threads that they wouldn't normally see.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
There is 127 pages to search through for it, if it's there at all. If it isn't then we need one pinned up there as soon as possible.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I think Forum FAQ thread is essential as reference for people who are not familiar with the site but I don't think we need threads like 'your 'wow' moments' and 'story that never ends' up there for people to must see :confused:

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Forum FAQ shouldn't be in that section, it's in the announcements section now. Or should it be in the Feedback section? Now that I think of it, probably the feedback section's a better place.

You don't think those threads should be there? But they're so popular!

How about if we make one sticky thread listing all the popular threads? I've noticed that if something such as "your wow moments" isn't stickied and isn't in the view of the member, they'll make a thread similar to that without searching. Hopefully if we create that thread they'll look there first.

What do you guys think of a 'Popular Threads' sticky?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
If you make it like Shew did it with the Guides & Tutorials it would be ok.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
That's what I thought, which was why I worded it like I did........lol

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
How about if we make one sticky thread listing all the popular threads? I've noticed that if something such as "your wow moments" isn't stickied and isn't in the view of the member, they'll make a thread similar to that without searching. Hopefully if we create that thread they'll look there first.

Its an issue, that goes with the high traffic and fast thread turnover. There are so mny threads started all the time, that anything not stickied is quickly lost and most discussions don't go very far. People then repeat the same things in a new thread.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Its an issue, that goes with the high traffic and fast thread turnover. There are so mny threads started all the time, that anything not stickied is quickly lost and most discussions don't go very far. People then repeat the same things in a new thread.

Yeah. :\

e.g. is a user doesn't see the 'wow moments' thread, they might just create it without searching for it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts