• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lyt

The Madman's Library
    "Go inside, you will find, the place where forbidden lore lies, and many a ill-minded book thief dies.
    A maze of knowledge is inside, but also a jester's lies, insane laughter from he who dies.
    But its a place you cannot find, for it is a place of lies, where many a traitor hides.
    A maze, a maze of madness to the door, a door in the mind, where the mind must die."
    -Ka'rzique the Insane
    Atrium
    The Proposal
    So here is the adventure to bring to you. A library filled with secrets, mystery, great magical treasures, and shelves and shelves and endless shelves of knowledge... knowledge that could do far worse than kill you. For a little knowledge is dangerous... so is too much.
    This Thread
    This thread, "Atrium" has several purposes; sign ups, commentary and Player Generated Lore. (see below)
    The Rules
    The rules are the same rules as for the rest of the RPG section. I happen to be in the role of Story-teller for now. I'll take care of most of the NPC's but if you'd like to adopt a few of your own, feel free.
    If you are interested in joining this adventure,
    submit your character sheet as follows:

Ø Your character’s name or what they prefer to be called.

Ø Your character’s gender.

Ø Your character’s race.

Ø Your character’s class

Ø Your character’s physical description.

Ø Your character’s history or biography.

Ø Your character’s personality.

Ø Anything else relevant about your character.

I will start the RPG when we have enough people interested.
    Lore
    Now a library is a hard place to fill. I have plenty of ideas on the back-burner, but I figured I'd add something new and creative: Player-generated lore. Basically anyone interested may submit an entry for the treasure that may be found in this library, or a puzzle for the adventure within. The guidelines are simple; each book or scroll must have some kind of jinx or curse or enchantment upon it.
    Can be serious, or simply a joke. Irony is a plus.
    A common theme that runs through this Library is Madness, so be creative and have fun.
    If your entry is good enough or funny enough or awesome enough, it may feature in the RPG.
    Just leave your ideas here as follows:
    Book of Lost Hours

This tome supposedly contains instructions on how to bend the Space/Time Continuum. However, while reading it, the subject is encapsulated in a chrono-loop bubble, doomed to read the same page over and over again for eternity... as far as any observer can tell.

Scream'n Out Loud: The Broodings of a Bored Banshee

This book is a banshee's life story written with extremely looooong vooooweeel soooouuunds and in all bold, capital letters. The book is cursed but seems to have no effect on any reader who does not read it aloud. How ever, if one WERE to read even the smallest portion of this book aloud, the book takes control.

Any person who has become controlled by the book will read the book on and on, getting progressively louder and louder. A victim's voice will start to grow hoarse but still be getting loader and begin to undergo startling changes. Eventually, the victim will himself be literally screaming like a banshee until the book is finished.

The only way to prevent this is to remove the book from the reader's grip, (which has been strengthened considerably) or else tear out the page the reader is reading.

Jack-in-The-Book

The name should be warning enough. A face will leap from the pages whenever the reader is least expecting it. This book can assume to form and content of any book, but it prefers horror novels because it loves to frighten readers in the dead of night while the readers' heart rates are already soaring due to the apprehension and suspense of the novel in question. It is believed that a vengeful spirit inhabits the book and feeds off of surprise and fright. Victims of this book have been found in various states of shock and surprise, some have even been found passed out. In severe cases, the victims may suffer nightmares and halucinations.

These are just a few examples of the books you may encounter in the library. Be very creative.

I hope you read the whole thread. XD

Good luck to you adventurers. Feel free to post any questions or critiques.

-Lyt
    PLAYERS - Characters
    Rizen - Riz
    Gorthal - Abraxas
    Rarga - Rarga or Raah
    Raurshka - Raurshka
    Shear - Jo'Zaree
    Lyt - ???
    *STICKIED*

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    I think you're on to something here...sign me up!!! (my character card is posted on the general thread for character cards...I'll look for it later and post it in here if that's easier...which it is, I'm lazy)

how about:

Gospel of the Nay-sayer
    Absolute nonsense which the reader feels this to be the undeniable truth and simply must proclaim to everybody the so-called 'wisdom' constantly quoting passages from the book as inspirational teachings. Removed by a blessing at a true divine's shrine.

In My Day
    The reader has a speech percentage increase (amount up for debate) when dealing with the elderly, however speech decrease when dealing with younger characters (age thresh-hold also up for debate). Removed by maybe skooma intake?

--just a couple of ideas off the top of my head...this'll be GOOD! :D

Reactions: Lyt

Gorthal

Hi there I think this is an awesome idea! So I'll join in with my character.

Your character’s name or what they prefer to be called.
    Abraxas
    Ø Your character’s gender.
    Male
    Ø Your character’s race.
    Imperial
    Ø Your character’s class
    Assassin
    Ø Your character’s physical description.
    Of an average height and weight for an Imperial. Has shoulder-length black hair and a somewhat attractive face. Always dresses flamboyantly with the aid of a red hood which is attached to a cape draped over his left shoulder.
    Ø Your character’s history or biography.
    Although an Imperial, Abraxas' family hails from Morrowind due to the marriage of one of his long deceased ancestors to a Dark Elf. Although through more marriage, his bloodline became extremely diluted of Dark Elf blood, Abraxas retains some of the elvish features such as his uncanny talent for sneaking and light footed agility. After the eruption of the Red Mountain, Abraxas' family remained in Morrowind, clinging to their homeland desperately but since most of the province was uninhabitable, the line of successful bounty hunters found little work and thus, Abraxas moved to Skyrim, leaving behind his family.
    Ø Your character’s personality.
    Much like his style of dress, Abraxas is a bright, cheerful man and often rather silly. He aspires to impress women with shows of flashy sword techniques. Rarely ever serious, Abraxas has an optimistic outlook on life, despite the hardship of having almost no money.
    Ø Anything else relevant about your character.
    From reading this and my character card, you can probably guess that I drew very heavily on characters from the Assassin's Creed series for his style of dress and combat skills. Fear not however, I'm going to make him a less serious person than Ezio or Altair and do my best to not plagiarizer.

Lyt

Well Okay then! That's two players so far! I'm excited.

I may get this thing under way after all. Anyone can join once the thing starts. Keep the lore coming.

I'm just putting Rizen'z character card here for reference, since It was hard to find in the Character card thread.

Name: Riz
    Race: Redguard
    Class: Rouge
    Looks: Average height and slender build. Cropped short, black hair and eyes with dark circles and bags beneath them far beyond his years. Unmarked skin free of abrasion and scars. Favours his tatty Jester outfit, has a satchel slung over his shoulder and a flute tucked into his belt.

Personality: Bordering on insane. Riz, in a previous life condsidered the halls of the Bard's guild his home.
    After spending countless hours reading texts from thier vast libarary, his social abilities have slowly dwindled away and replaced by internal chatter.
    Riz's bardic workings became increasingly questionable pushing the boundaries of what he considerered 'creative genius' only to be ill met by the Guild.
    Banished from the guild, Riz wanders Skyrim aimlessly collecting items that are entirely pointless to the "uneducated" (in his opinion) and where possible attempts to talk his way around conflict...
    Dislikes: Cabbage

Weapon: Rusty old iron dagger

Rarga

Name:Rarga (Raar-gah), OR Raah (my preferred nickname)
    Race: Orc (Orsimer)
    Class: Warrior/Barbarian
    Likes: Mead, Watching enemies die slowly, Eating baskets of kittens, Getting tortured (any physical pain), Long walks on the beach at sunset, decapitating people and eating argonians on special occasions. :)
    Dislikes:Slow people, Old people, Young people, Stairs, and people who disagree with anything i say.
    Looks: Thick black mohawk and a medium length bushy black beard. Red eyes. No war paint. a large scar across left eye. Dark Brown skin. Very strong/muscular build. 7'2ft tall. Heavy Orcish armor (no helmet only body armor, boots and gauntlets). Two enchanted ebony swords in left and right holsters (for dual wielding) and an amulet of Mara around the neck.
    Bio: Rarga lived in Wrothgarian Mountains in his large families stronghold when he was young, at the age of 16 a group of around 20 Khajiit assassins attacked the stronghold and killed everyone but himself and his older cousin Raurshka. Rarga now travels across all of Tamriel killing any Khajiit, Bandits or Assassins he can get his large beastly hands on. Rarga hopes to find his older cousin in his travels so they can make a stronghold together and defeat all khajiit in all of Tamriel.
    Personality: Almost always angry, but can be very friendly towards women and any other race but Khajiit. Rarga can sometimes be said to be crazy due to his ways of torturing himself and others.

Raurshka

Name: Raurshka (Roar-shhh-ka) OR just call me Orchy (Orc-E)
    Likes: Puppies, Rainbows, Unicorns, Trolls, decapitated heads and throwing cats off castle walls :)
    Dislikes: Dying, Fire, Frowny faces, flying, dust, old people, young people, warriors and cats.
    Looks: Slicked back black hair, tied into a pony tail. Bushy mutton chops, black also. Green/Gray Skin, 7ft tall, Medium Build, Violet Eyes, Large pointy teeth(visible even when mouth is closed), angry looking eyebrows. Long purple robe with golden trimming around the neck and wrists, Logo on back of robe saying "Cat Killer", Black boots, Orcish sword in holster on waist.
    Bio: Whole family was killed by a pack of wild rouge assassin Khajiit. Now roams from town to town, inn to inn searching for his families killers also killing any khajiit in his way. Struggles to keep friends, but is very friendly towards other races except khajiit and imperials. Raurshka decided to travel to the college of Winterhold to study destruction and restorations spells and became the Grand High Wizard after saving his good friend the Arch-Mage. Still doesn't like cats.
    Personality: Friendly-enough. A bit crazy but very intelligent. Sometimes angry, always at cats. Never really sad.
    Name: Raurshka (Roar-shhh-ka) OR just call me Orchy (Orc-E)
    Likes: Puppies, Rainbows, Unicorns, Trolls, decapitated heads and throwing cats off castle walls :)
    Dislikes: Dying, Fire, Frowny faces, flying, dust, old people, young people, warriors and cats.
    Looks: Slicked back black hair, tied into a pony tail. Bushy mutton chops, black also. Green/Gray Skin, 7ft tall, Medium Build, Violet Eyes, Large pointy teeth(visible even when mouth is closed), angry looking eyebrows. Long purple robe with golden trimming around the neck and wrists, Logo on back of robe saying "Cat Killer", Black boots, Orcish sword in holster on waist.
    Bio: Whole family was killed by a pack of wild rouge assassin Khajiit. Now roams from town to town, inn to inn searching for his families killers also killing any khajiit in his way. Struggles to keep friends, but is very friendly towards other races except khajiit and imperials. Raurshka decided to travel to the college of Winterhold to study destruction and restorations spells and became the Grand High Wizard after saving his good friend the Arch-Mage. Still doesn't like cats.
    Personality: Friendly-enough. A bit crazy but very intelligent. Sometimes angry, always at cats. Never really sad.

Lyt

LOL, looks like Orcs come in packs. Welcome to that Madman's Library adventure. It starts in Whiterun, with a babbling Khajiit, A dazed amnesiac Guardsman, and a wizard's conspiracy.
    Be sure to read what's happen-en.

Riz snapped the book closed and leveled his gaze to the wizard " HE HAD NO EYED DEAR!" proclaimed the jester whilst twirling his finger at the side of his head.

Yo Rizen. I'm gonna let you be known as "The Book Theif" since you've obviously taken something. LOL. Is that alright? Let just say your character knows the location of the library. But Beware, the wizards who control the library want their book(s) back, and are hunting you.

Sound good?

Raurshka

can i go in to the story from where you left off or do you want me do go along with some story line that you make up?

Lyt

can i go in to the story from where you left off or do you want me do go along with some story line that you make up?

Well it's up to you. Just a suggestion though: ask around Whiterun, look into the rumor mill. And keep up with the time frame.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    I assumed the khajiit was the book-thief....but yeah...I'm happy to play the part...clearly (2 books now in play) i dont have all of the 7 artifacts, so how many do i have?...and yeah, i may have jumped the gun but i didnt know exactly how to approach the story after your first post, Lyt. I just kinda followed the pattern...do you want me to fulfill another prediction? I want to :D

Lyt

I assumed the khajiit was the book-thief....but yeah...I'm happy to play the part...clearly (2 books now in play) i dont have all of the 7 artifacts, so how many do i have?...and yeah, i may have jumped the gun but i didnt know exactly how to approach the story after your first post, Lyt. I just kinda followed the pattern...do you want me to fulfill another prediction? I want to :D

Who said it was limited to seven artifacts? XD

I would wager your character has 2-3 stolen books...

As for the predictions, they are just there for fun. If you can, try to defy them. Muahaha.... After all I wouldn't want to see Ka'Rzique to die after all the time I've invested in him. :/

I've not exactly limited your freedom of choice. There are all sort's of route you can take. Just be wary, a greater hand tries to orchestrate events for a dark purpose.

Shear

Are you still taking new players? This has Sheogorath written all over it xD

Name: Jo'Zaree
    Race: Khajiit
    Class: Spellsword/Thief
    Looks:
    > Well groomed, Light grey fur, accented by deep black stripes,
    > Medium-Heavy build, Semi-Athletic
    > Jet-black hair, braided with rings on each end
    > Ears adorned with multiple rings
    > Two long scars run down her right cheek
    4414.jpg

Personality:
    Quiet, Clever and Inquisitive, Jo'Zaree prefers to avoid unnecessary conflict, but enjoys the thrill of physical combat, herself using magic to augment her strength. She is easily annoyed, especially by boisterous behavior, causing friction between her and the Thalmor, even the Stormcloaks with all their "Skyrim for the Nords" policies. Years ago she had sworn herself off drink, though she still maintains an light addiction to moon sugar. Zaree rarely pays for anything, she steals her wants and needs but never overindulges herself.
    Skills/Perks:
    > Destruction (Shock Branch, Single Cast)
    > One-handed (Dual-Wield, Mace, Sword)
    > Sneak (Muffle only)
    > Illusion (Silent Casting only)
    > Lockpicking (No perks)
    > Light Armor (Full tree)

Lyt

Hahaha... it's funny that you should mention Sheogorath....

Welcome to the adventure Jo'Zaree. Just read to keep up, and find yourself a good insertion point in the vicinity of Whiterun.

Raurshka said:
    (OOC... Wait, so did i just get arrested?)

No Raushka. You're still in bed at the Drunken Huntsman. LOL. Be careful to read. :)

Rarga

If that really was a book, i would soooo buy it!
    And, why are replies coming in on the thread so slowly?? i'm very anxious to see what the others do/say!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts