Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
Another question: How can one confirm his Lokil (lvl 14-65) is set at Volkihar Vampire cap (lvl 48), besides checking his thrallability, hp poll and or spell selection? I know it sounds crazy but hypothetically he could be thralled at that level, couldn't he?

Also, which of the many followers would you suggest for boetiah's sacrifice? I was thinking about taking Aeola but gave up after realising her sneaking skill is at 70, seeing how most of the available followers suck at it. Names that come to mind are Marcurio, Aeola and Uthgerd the Unbroken...
Ordinary Volkihars from interiors are always female in my experience.
I believe Lokil goes directly from Master Vamp to Volk MasterV since he is boss class(just like Morvath and Vighar do)
A 42 lvl MV is plenty powerful

Roggi Knot-Head (lol) the most worthless follower imo and you can get him cheap with no risk.
He also lives fairly close to the Sacellum for your convenience.
But Illia is just as useless, no wait, WAY more useless because you can't even use her as a follower right after a save and reload. Plus, I think he was actually looking for a follower to thrall after the quest,hence whiy he mentioned Eola, Marcurio and Uthgerd, all decent to great followers.

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer
Hmmmm. I might have read that post wrong. It seems like you mentioned Eola as having a pretty high sneak level so you didn't want to kill her because of that so you kill other followers beca use of their low sneak leve... Well Roggi would be ur best choice because he caps at lv.20. Cicero, the DB Initiates, and Aela the Huntress hav the highest Sneak.

Adam's right. ALL Volkihar Vampires are FEMALE. Checked uesp.net.

Another question: How can one confirm his Lokil (lvl 14-65) is set at Volkihar Vampire cap (lvl 48), besides checking his thrallability, hp poll and or spell selection? I know it sounds crazy but hypothetically he could be thralled at that level, couldn't he?

Also, which of the many followers would you suggest for boetiah's sacrifice? I was thinking about taking Aeola but gave up after realising her sneaking skill is at 70, seeing how most of the available followers suck at it. Names that come to mind are Marcurio, Aeola and Uthgerd the Unbroken...
Ordinary Volkihars from interiors are always female in my experience.
I believe Lokil goes directly from Master Vamp to Volk MasterV since he is boss class(just like Morvath and Vighar do)
A 42 lvl MV is plenty powerful

Roggi Knot-Head (lol) the most worthless follower imo and you can get him cheap with no risk.
He also lives fairly close to the Sacellum for your convenience.
But Illia is just as useless, no wait, WAY more useless because you can't even use her as a follower right after a save and reload. Plus, I think he was actually looking for a follower to thrall after the quest,hence whiy he mentioned Eola, Marcurio and Uthgerd, all decent to great followers.

About Illia, Guess I will Leave Darklight tower unexplored for a while then. If turned into a blade, She can help Velavyn to get rid of Ancient Dragons, despite losing the follower status due to the glitch...

No matter what I do, nothing seems to trigger Hroggi's quest dialogue on ps3. Quite a buggy fellow as well as his wife, Iddra. Out of five reload attempts, I could only start Hroggi's debt sidequest once [sight].
Perhaps I should be sticking with Adelaisa Vendicci over Hroggi for the sacrifice. Problem is, if I get her as my follower Haldyn will lose his perma-corpse status and will be level locked under 40, since Velavyn is still around 30's :c

Hmmmm. I might have read that post wrong. It seems like you mentioned Eola as having a pretty high sneak level so you didn't want to kill her because of that so you kill other followers beca use of their low sneak leve... Well Roggi would be ur best choice because he caps at lv.20. Cicero, the DB Initiates, and Aela the Huntress hav the highest Sneak.

Just checked UESP, thanks. Seeing how Velavyn likes to collect thralls [as much as i do], Master Vampire Lokil will be more than enough for her as long as his body won't dissapear. Last night I had the Misfortune of losing a Master necromancer on her, and as far as i remember, she left one of my anchors with him... His trash talking will be missed as well as his cool beard and mohawk :C

Don't worry about the Thrallability of the followers i mentioned before. Decided to list them just for roleplaying purposes, seeing how I was looking for an excuse to sacrifice them: Marcurio the boaster, Aeola the cannibal, and so on... The deal about Aeola is that even if she is somehow a douche her follower abilities are unique, unlike the case of Marcurio And Uthgerd.

iMACobra

Experienced Necromancer

Just checked UESP, thanks. Seeing how Velavyn likes to collect thralls [as much as i do], Master Vampire Lokil will be more than enough for her as long as his body won't dissapear. Last night I had the Misfortune of losing a Master necromancer on her, and as far as i remember, she left one of my anchors with him... His trash talking will be missed as well as his cool beard and mohawk :C

Don't worry about the Thrallability of the followers i mentioned before. Decided to list them just for roleplaying purposes, seeing how I was looking for an excuse to sacrifice them: Marcurio the boaster, Aeola the cannibal, and so on... The deal about Aeola is that even if she is somehow a douche her follower abilities are unique, unlike the case of Marcurio And Uthgerd.
Marcurio has some good perks, though. You should be able to anchor Haldyn and Lokil. I use Bounty letters for BanditLeaders/Giants and/or Dragons. Always worked for me.
Other fetch quests for other people sometimes need to be completed before you can do Roggi's. Also there is another quest to persuade/bribe/intimidate him for the innkeeper.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Can I get a list of all confirmed anchors in one post? Please? Also, is there any way to anchor a Reaver Lord or Bandit Chief to permanency?

Staff member
Also, could someone provide a list of anchorable/permanent dead thrall candidates? It would help me a lot.

Staff member
Never mind, I did some reading and solved my inquiries. Thank you for making this thread, Adam!

Staff member
So is the old orc stable? And you can anchor his body? Can you get more Old Orc encounters than one? And also, will he increase in level later if you killed him at a low level? And does that guard set Mirmulnir drops count as an anchor?

Adam Warlock

So is the old orc stable? And you can anchor his body? Can you get more Old Orc encounters than one? And also, will he increase in level later if you killed him at a low level? And does that guard set Mirmulnir drops count as an anchor?
I currently have the Old Orc anchored(treasure map from fort neugrad).
He must be at cap because he resisted Revenant.
In my experience , this type of NPC remained locked at the level they were when killed.
(at lvl 31) I have a number of such random lvl) thralls locked at low levels including Sild , Silus Vesuius , and The Caller.
Others like Arondil and Anska are capped like Old Orc.
Just a matter of chance but its does seem that the higher your own level , the more likely NPC will be high/capped.

I`ve read about Old Orc respawns but it`s never happened to me.
possible a patch changed things after those reports

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I currently have the Old Orc anchored(treasure map from fort neugrad).
He must be at cap because he resisted Revenant.
In my experience , this type of NPC remained locked at the level they were when killed.
(at lvl 31) I have a number of such random lvl) thralls locked at low levels including Sild , Silus Vesuius , and The Caller.
Others like Arondil and Anska are capped like Old Orc.
Just a matter of chance but its does seem that the higher your own level , the more likely NPC will be high/capped.

I`ve read about Old Orc respawns but it`s never happened to me.
possible a patch changed things after those reports

Iv never had the Old Orc respawn either. And yeah, the guard armour that Murmulnir has is permanent.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Its official; I love Apocrypha!

For the 1st time ever, I found a Scroll of Dead Thrall!

It was in the Sallow Regent (the dark section) part of Apocrypha, just sitting on a table. My character is yet to learn the Dead thrall spell so this is quite a good find. Now just to find a suitable person to thrall :p

Staff member

It was in the Sallow Regent (the dark section) part of Apocrypha, just sitting on a table. My character is yet to learn the Dead thrall spell so this is quite a good find. Now just to find a suitable person to thrall :p
That Volkihar you were talking about, maybe?

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

That Volkihar you were talking about, maybe?

My character is only Lv32... Volkihors dont spawn yet, and even if they did, I dont have the necromage perk yet. Hmmm I shall keep pondering...

Staff member
Level 29 on this character, and after LOTS of resetting shop inventories, I can finally cast Dead Thrall!

Staff member
And the Old Orc resists everything but Dread Zombie!!! YES!!!

Staff member
Can the Boethia Cultist that attacks you be a stable thrall of you don't take the book?

Staff member
I left his body and the book where he died. After many real time hours later, and journeying all across Skyrim, the quest is still in my misc list. I am going to follow the marker back to him and check it out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts