Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

I'm new to this thread but as far as I have read this thread I haven't read any mention of the spellsword bashnag who is the orc leader of the spellswords in soutfringe sanctum he's a pretty good thrall that will sometimes use one handed weapons and use primarily ice magic he also uses a flesh spell when in combat an spams ice spike like a machine gun he also wears ancient nord armor chest piece and steel cuffed boots plus he will use staves too

Thanks for joining and providing this info !

Unfortunately for me, Bashnag will scale past lvl 40 and by the time I got to him he was too powerful for Dead Thrall.

I had a couple of the lower Spellswords from there for a while , but patching erased them.
My Southfringe Sanctum is totally empty now.

I love the warrior-type casters not just because of their armor protection but because many wear the gauntlets allowing you to enhance with Fortify Magicka enchantment. Add Restore Magicka Potions and these guys and gals will spam spells and hack away 24/7 !

Adam Warlock

Lokil the Master Vampire( up to lvl 42) will use Ice attacks from right hand along with lightning and drain life from left.
He will readily use shield and 1h weapon.
He can decap but as a thrall he doesn`t raise zombies or go invisible like the living Master Vampires you may encounter.
Master Vampires scale levels 14/23/31/42 so early versions will not be as powerful as later.
Capped stats = 669 Health , 414 Magicka, 257 Stamina

Mistwalkers (all lvl 20) use ice from right and drain life from left at range.
In melee , they will fight 1h right with drain life or shield left.
They will use 2h weapon if you don`t give 1h/shield to them.
Stats = 331 Health , 226 Magicka , 148 Stamina

Both kinds will use bows as well as ranged spells IF you don`t give them staffs.

And before someone else says it , yes , Volkihars still rule the roost

Even though I have dawnguard I don't want to install it yet until I find about the thrallable characters in it ... *minor spoilers* But as I was researching I stumbled across the next best thing other than harkon is a vampire snow elf named arch curate uythur If anybody has anything on him please let me know thier research

Adam Warlock

Arch-Curate Vyrthur looks to be possibly the most powerful Destruction Mage you will find in the game.
Incredibly buffed stats and literally in a Class of his own.
Perks for armor boost , custom fit , magic resistance(rank2) , respite , regeneration, extra damage 2 , and augmented frost/shock(both rank 2).

Health = 300 + (PC-1.2)x12
Magicka = 150 + (PC-1.2)x6

I`m looking forward to fighting this guy since he`ll be capped in my lvl 81 game at 1200 hp !
That`s like a Dragon on 2 legs shooting ice and lightning at you !
I rarely use poisons/potions on my weapons but I think I`m bringing a boat load for this one.
Marked for Death and Drain Vitality Dragon Shouts should also be in use

But if you`re going to thrall him , do it early.
He scales with the Dragonborn up to an incredible level 75 !

source USEPWiki

Sweet thanks a lot so now I definitely no which one of my thralls is going to be... Now I have to decide on the other I would go with orchendor since his resist magic and teleportation but I'm stuck between lu'ah'skaven paratus decimius bashnag hadlyn

Golgo_SPB

I tried thralling Bashnag a few times, he was always too strong. Just recently I found him not named and his title was Arch Necromancer instead. I was gonna try to kill that dark elf lady stuck in the web but once she left the cave she disappeared.

While I was at southfringe sanctum I found a silent spellsword, he doesn't moan or anything. He has ok health, wish he had more... he can stand going toe to toe with one mammoth and he only won cause he had a superior weapon. Spellsword armor is also interchangeable, I got one to spawn scaled armor, scaled boots, and leather bracers.

I also visited Nightcaller Temple again and certain areas respawned... like some alchemic ingredients on a table. There's still some bodies left, 8 Vaermina Devotees and 1 Orc Invader. 4 of the devotees has sparks, flesh spell, and a healing spell I believe. The other 4 has lightning cloak, lightning bolt, and a flesh spell... I believe all of them have the destruction dual cast perk. Too bad I can't store bodies in the temple since it doesn't allow any outside NPCs in.

I've yet to get dawnguard cause I'm still trying stuff out.

Hmm I still got to check out nightcaller temple but how are those two followers of vaermina thorek and Veren as thralls?

Adam Warlock

Another encounter with a non-moaning Vampire , this time a Fledgling.

Same vocal clips as Misty.

Since the trait appears not to be limited to a particular type , I`m hoping there are more powerful ones like Ancient Vampires or Volkihars who are like this.

As the monologues confirm , these vamps will be located inside dungeons and not topside.

Male clips include, but not limited to , talking about the sweet blood from first kill , using thralls for a blood supply rather than hunting , gathering pals to leave the dungeon , and reference to the vampire clans.

Female clips are about her insatiable blood hunger , disdain for the clans, Dawnguard reference , and one particularly poignant statement about how she sometimes remembers the pleading faces of her victims.

Golgo_SPB

Hmm I still got to check out nightcaller temple but how are those two followers of vaermina thorek and Veren as thralls?
I tried thralling them but the game told me they were too powerful... I was probably in my early 60's level wise at the time.

Adam Warlock

Sweet thanks a lot so now I definitely no which one of my thralls is going to be... Now I have to decide on the other I would go with orchendor since his resist magic and teleportation but I'm stuck between lu'ah'skaven paratus decimius bashnag hadlyn
If you get Vyrthur , please advise if his body is a permanent one.
Like Haldyn , his continued presence in the game may be tied to the completion of the quest he is in

Adam Warlock

Talos provides for his faithful !

Gunmar just gave me a quest to clear vamps out of Pinemoon Cavern and lo and behold there was a Volkihar there who speaks just like my Mistwalker !

Goodbye , Misty . Lokil and I will miss you.

My newest thrall will be called Volta

I'm not sure but when u guys are talking about thralls disappearing do u mean when u r traveling and stuff or do mean when their bodies are not in use and they disappear cus I have a cure for the fast travel and random disappearances

Golgo_SPB

Disappearing as their unused bodies vanish after a certain time of non use.

So I find Malborn in this pub in windhelm and he asks me to a kill an assassin which I did, then I killed Malborn after lol. So I got Malborn and J'datharr as thralls, they're bother fairly weak even with clothing enchanted. J'datharr has great one-handed for his relatively low level, Malborn just has some crappy primary skills so he's not worth it.

Adam Warlock

I'm not sure but when u guys are talking about thralls disappearing do u mean when u r traveling and stuff or do mean when their bodies are not in use and they disappear cus I have a cure for the fast travel and random disappearances
What cure , if I may ask ?

Adam Warlock

What cure , if I may ask ?
But generally I`m refering to thralls who disappear when you leave their cell because they are overdue to respawn or be erased. They do not have permanent bodies like Orchendor , etc. which do not have a body clean-up script attached to them.

Since patching , I haven`t lost any to fast-travel

Oh ok then i understand now but yeah what I did to prevent my thralls from disappearing is by stop using auto saves and saving manually with pictures of my thralls in it kind of forcing the game to load my thralls exactly the way I left them but this method is only good for those who are good at determining save points and don't mind a lot of saves but so far I haven't lost any of my thralls to 'mysterious abductions' or other paranormal circumstances but I wasn't aware the patches also covered the thrall glitchiness

Adam Warlock

Oh ok then i understand now but yeah what I did to prevent my thralls from disappearing is by stop using auto saves and saving manually with pictures of my thralls in it kind of forcing the game to load my thralls exactly the way I left them but this method is only good for those who are good at determining save points and don't mind a lot of saves but so far I haven't lost any of my thralls to 'mysterious abductions' or other paranormal circumstances but I wasn't aware the patches also covered the thrall glitchiness
Good advice !
I use manual saves and do it often , a habit formed when I was suffering from frequent freeze-ups
I go back and delete the oldest saves once I get about 7 or so

Me too lol just make sure u keep more than one file save of each character cus one time I made the stupid mistake of overwriting my lvl 61 character by mistake

Golgo_SPB

Just did some more wandering around and I went to see if the dead researchers of Nchuand-Zel were still there, but they're not there anymore... guess they didn't count as corpses or they vanish once the quest is complete.

I also went to Bthardamz and all the afflicted bodies that stayed were gone but some more respawned 7 total... 2 outside and 5 inside. Thralled an armored warrior one and I got him to wear Steel armor, Scaled boots, Elven Gauntlets, and a Leather Helmet. I've yet to find if any of them spawn Dwarven Armor or Elven Helm like I remember when I did the Only Cure quest.

Adam Warlock

Lokil and Volta make an outstanding pair of thralls.

Surprizingly , Volkihar Volta prefers melee over magic.
She throws lightning from range but very rapidly charges in on the foe to use the Holy Ebony Greatsword I gave her. Her resiliency permits her to tangle with multiple foes without dying

Lokil prefers to hang back and throw lightning and ice until he`s low on magicka and then he will close with the enemy to wield his Daedric Greatsword of the Vampire.

On occasion(tough enemies) , each is capable of summoning their own Frost Atronach

Both are very aggressive and will chase down any foe who attempts to flee.
The battles on Master setting have been awesome to behold

Lokil also makes a great early warning system as he alerts , "Something`s not right here !" well before you get red dots on your radar.

Necromancing without moans is a true joy and I wish there were more silent thralls of this nature.
The only one who has come close to vamp power levels is the silent Master Conjurer(lvl 36) "Max" that I`ve previously mentioned in this thread