Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

I think the new howl perk is called the Totem of Terror and is the equivalent of a Hysteria spell against creatures and people , so the machines , etc. aren`t going to be running away from your Beast.

It`s nice to know that Agent of Mara and Agent of Dibella transfer when you go all hairy.
Volkihar Gals , won`t you come out tonight and dance by the light of the moons ?

Adam Warlock

Re : the Atronach Stone

So the extra Magicka doesn`t help a werewolf directly, but the absorb 50% of spells the Stone gives you the equivalent of 50% resist against magic damage ?
Or do you receive the all of damage but absorb half of it into your magicka pool ?

perkecet

no, magic absorb works as a percent chance. so the atronach stone essentially flips a coin everytime you get hit with a spell, if it's "heads" then you take no damage and absorb the magicka, if "tails" it works as normal and you take the damage.

Adam Warlock

Aside from the 4 damage% increase perks , the new werewolf tree appears to have the 2 conjuration spells , 1 illusion(howl) , and 3 restoration buffs.
There`s one perk remaining called Totem of the Predator that I have no idea what it is , maybe alteration ?

Adam Warlock

At any rate , I`m stoked !
For Dawnguard , my regular thralls will be sparingly used but on-site bodies will be fair game.
I`m going to carry extra forsworn swords with absorb enchants along with me so I can add same to foes I`ve killed and make them dual-wielding life-draining dervishes on the spot without having to worry about buffing their armor, etc.
I`ll discard them and retrieve the weapons when I`m done with them and hopefully keep a few interesting ones.
The chore as a role player will be choosing the appropriate dramatic point of the battles when Adam finally decides to go beast , giving up his humanity(elfhood?) and his undead army in order to join in the Great Hunt !

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
WARNING TO ANY AND ALL NECROMANCERS OUT THERE:
I tried to kill The Caller inside breezehome to use her later, but I didn't one-hit her and she teleported away outside of breezehome somewhere. be careful with teleporters. I never found her afer that.

Golgo_SPB

Haha yeah The Caller is known to do that when you attack her, but for some reason never uses her telespell in battle against enemies.

Adam Warlock

Found 2 Thalmor Soldiers in the strategy room behind the Jarl`s Throneroom in Understone Keep !

And they were with Kottir Red-Shoal !
(I`d given Markarth to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending but haven`t joined a Civil War faction)

Is Kottir a traitor to the cause ?

After clearing Ondolemar and his 2 lackeys out of Understone , it really pissed me off that the Thalmor were still around !

From sneak , I cast Frenzy into the room and they started fighting each other.
A Stormcloak Guard went in and joined the fray , helping Kottir kill the Thalmor , but then the Guard attacked Kottir as well !
Kottir went to a knee(he`s essential) but the fighting stopped when the spell expired.
Kottir then got up and gave me the "If you know any true sons or daughters of Skyrim " recruitment speech .
WTF ?

I thralled the Thalmor and took them on a raid to the Thalmor Embassey , killing 3 guards and 3 wizards(1 was decapped!)

These 2 soldiers are now in the Vault at CTK and I sure hope they don`t respawn back in Markarth because I`ve put a lot of work into making that city Thalmor free.

Adam Warlock

Good news for all those closet conjurers who want an NPC as a thrall but don`t necessarily want to invest in being a Conjuration Master or even a Mage for that matter.

The Dawnguard DLC will have a new Dragon Shout called Soul Tear that as described will allow you to turn your enemy into your ally.
I don`t know the details but I`m presuming it`s not a permanent effect so it`s probably like using the Dread Zombie spell except you`re stealing a soul too.
Whether the target leaves a body or is turned to an ash pile also to be determined as well as any level cap on victims.

I really like the idea of a Possession that you can use as quickly as a Shout.
The spells all take more time to cast and often both hands are needed.
During this period you are vulnerable to attack and still have to go to your menu and change things.

Hopefully with Soul Tear , you`ll be able to grab a thrall on the run with your Shout while still wielding your normal weapons/shield/spells .
The only break in the action should be whatever animation is involved as the Shout takes effect.

So get your stash of empty Black Soul Gems ready , people , the fun is only just starting !

King o' the Britains

Any REALLY good spots to find black soul gems?

King o' the Britains

perkecet

im not sure how many he has but it's probably around there. if not you can just buy him out, wait two days, and do it all over again.

King o' the Britains

im not sure how many he has but it's probably around there. if not you can just buy him out, wait two days, and do it all over again.
k, thanks

Adam Warlock

Also beginning with level 31 , Black Soul Gems start randomly appearing in more than 20 of the geode veins that you mine down in Blackreach.

Adam Warlock

My destruction augment perks are for Fire.
With Enchanter`s Elixir , I can enchant a weapon with 52 fire damage and fiery soul trap for another 15dmg.
My 1h of choice for this is Blazing Midnight , my Legendary Ebony sword.
The name was inspired by a Guard`s comment that an Ebony Sword I was wearing was like a sliver of midnight.
Up to now , I would use it against respawning Vamp bosses Morvath and Vignar to fill black gems but I`m hoarding gems now.

NEW MEAT !

Golgo_SPB

So Galmar is turning out pretty decent with one-hand and shield, pretty good with a bow too. I especially like it when he laughs as he kills someone and there's nothing like sweet silence as I roam around with him.

Did some testing too, Urzoga gra-Shugurz from Cidhna Mine levels with you to 50 so anything after 40 she can't be thralled. Attacking her or any of the silver-blood guards will give you a bounty, this was a save and test then reload type of thing.

I did the same thing with Eris from the Red Wave, she has flames and fireball in one hand then a one-handed weapon in the other. Sadly she just wears robes and boots... be great if she had gloves. Didn't test her out too long, bet she would be great with Windshear. Attacking anyone on the Red Wave will get you a bounty, even though they're pirates.

Still trying to figure out who to thrall, I got some main ones I haven't got to yet but I'm still trying to find some that haven't been talked about yet.

Adam Warlock

Here are some that have been out of reach for my good guy that I`m interested in learning about.
My apologies if they`ve already been mentioned but forgotten. The skooma has affected my memory over time.

Dawnstar - Madena
Markarth -Ogmund , Garvey , Hamal
Solitude- Captain Aldis , Ahtar , Kharag gro-Shurkul
Riften- Dirge , Sapphire
Whiterun -Elrindir
Khajiit Caravans- Ra Zhinda , Khayla
Kesh the Clean at Peyrite shrine