Thoughts on this weekend's playthrough...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
1. Vampirism – overall comment “Meh” While great powers for the vampire lord form and certain perks (frost protect, illusion perk, muffle perk, etc...) in the other form, for me, not really worth it.
a. Drawback: Unless you’re a necromage, not really worth it at higher levels. Would be fine and useful at lower levels, but, since my characters don’t really use necromancy, it’s turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment since my sneak and illusion is so high anyhow.
b. If you’re a warrior of any type, then all the perks are kind of useless IMO. It may be a great build as a mage (and I will use it for my Den Moria who is a necromage and pure mage) but it really ends up cancelling itself out when you’re a warrior.
c. It’s really difficult to be in public (cities, towns, etc...). Everybody comments on my pale skin and “hungry” eyes. It’s getting on my nerves.
d. If all the guards are gonna say “Wait... I know you!” every time I come near them, could you at least get me to pay my bounty? Otherwise, just shut up.
e. “The sunlight makes your vampire blood boil” is really obnoxious. I have business to attend to and have to be out in the daylight. Leave me alone!
f. So far I haven’t found anyone asleep to feed on except Constance and I just couldn’t. After all, I was about to kill her boss.
g. There are a lot of plusses, but, on this build I think I’ll cure her and just go were. After all, I’m only in it for the disease immunity. Poison is never really a problem in Skyrim.
h. The Dawnguard are as bad as the vampires when it comes to killing the citizens of the holds. Sheesh, guys, they’re trying to protect me (really? Why?) so leave ‘em alone. You’re supposed to be heroes. You’re killing innocent civilians.
i. Don’t know how the Volkahir will react to they’re head honcho going back to being human so going to remove my few items from the castle. BTW buys – give the title to Serana. I wouldn’t have beaten her father without her and she is of the Royal bloodline after all.
2. Ariel’s Bow – a cool weapon, but why does it have so few charges? After about 20 shots I need to recharge it. Sheesh – I know I have a bunch of blacks and grands, but it gets on my nerves. I’ve gone back to my dragonbone with the soultrap and shock enchantments. Maybe I’ll use it when I have to take on all those Drauger Deathlords during the Alduin quest.
3. Outfit – New favorite outfit for a female spellsword/assassin: Royal Vampire Armor, Shrouded Hood, Shrouded Boots and Shrouded Gloves. Just plain kick-a**!
4. Dead Thralls that interest me. I’ve never been one to want human/mer/beast followers and never really been in to antronachs or dremora (too noisy!), but I have discovered my two favorites: Snow bears and frostbite spiders. They make great followers and are excellent at guarding the doors they’re simply too big to get through (especially giant frostbite spiders).
5. Fun with the Ritual Stone: I am having a blast with this one. You can quite literally raise just about anything and so many! Over the weekend fought a bunch of bandits, giants and mammoths on my way across the tundra. Knowing that there were mages in the mountain pass I was coming up to (I’d been through it before), I decided to give it a whirl as I could use the backup from the bandits. It raised the Giants and the Mammoths too! WOW! Needless to say, the mages never stood a chance. Another thing I like about it is that those raised by the stone don’t disintegrate when they’re through, they just keel over dead again.

So I’m off to see Fallion this evening and then off to join the Companions (disease protection ya know – don’t want to be burdened with yet more potions). I’ll give Vampirism another Whirl with Den. And this time I’ll do it at a far lower level and with a mage.

Any thoughts? Hope there weren’t any spoilers here. I tried not to include any.

Parselmagic

I agree with many points you made about vampirism. It just has too many drawbacks unless I'm really up for some roleplaying, which is why I limit it to one of my characters. It does also work better for him as he is heavily invested into necromancy.

I've never actually tried the ritual stone. Your experience with it sounded pretty cool though, so I'm putting it on my to do list.

It sounds like you've played quite a bit this weekend. I had no time, I'm jealous...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I agree with many points you made about vampirism. It just has too many drawbacks unless I'm really up for some roleplaying, which is why I limit it to one of my characters. It does also work better for him as he is heavily invested into necromancy.

I've never actually tried the ritual stone. Your experience with it sounded pretty cool though, so I'm putting it on my to do list.

It sounds like you've played quite a bit this weekend. I had no time, I'm jealous...
I have no life. :)

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
if you want an intense play through then play it while your naked. adds another level of difficulty when you have to yell at everyone that is yelling at you over bein naked at the office :) laugh you know its a funny thought :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts