• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I am going to give this fella a go, i'm open to any suggestions. I included the backstory for anyone who is interested.

On a side note hello again everyone c: Took a break from the forums and Skyrim but i'm back.

Torlof Earth- Strider the Alchemist
Race: Nord
Skills: Alchemy, Speech, One Handed, Sneak
Affiliation: Khajit Caravan, Townsfolk of most villages as well as some cities.
Mood: Depressed, Dependent, He suffers from alcoholism even though he is only 17, Has a temper and sometimes ends in a brawl or drawing of blades.
Interests: Crafting potions and poisons, searching for rare and unique ingredients as well as recipes for his alchemy. He also enjoys almost more than anything , losing himself in a good bottle of mead or wine. He loves animals especially dogs and wished to own one. He likes kids and is considering adoption.

Bio: Torlof was born in a small settlement in Blackwood which is within Cyrodil. He always had aspirations of being a Legionare as a young boy. Though when His father died in the war, and His mother passed away due to illness, he forgot all about his Dreams and worried more about survival. At the age of 7, he was alone in the world. Though Torlof was bullied a lot, he had one friend, Ondi. She was a beautiful Nordic women whose family ended up taking in young Torlof when his family died. Ondi had a loving family, Her mother Haelga, an Innkeper, and her Father Banning, the local blacksmith. Torlof and Ondi were nearly inseparable now that they lived together. Every day they would wake up, eat breakfast, do their chores, then go explore in the swamps, as long as they promised not to go too far. Ondi loved the swamps because she was an apprentice to the local apothecary and there were always some new specimen of mushroom to be found out in the swamps. Torlof didn’t quite understand Alchemy though he sure thought it was interesting, and loved helping Ondi find new ingredients, as well as suprising her with new ones he found on his own. Over the years Ondi and Torlof continued to be great friends, Ondi also became a great Alchemist. Torlof, still small in stature had became quite the bladesman and was very efficient with dual wielding daggers, which he always kept coated in some of Ondi’s potent poison. She taught Him the basics and he was soon crafting his own potions and poisons. The two had fallen madly in love with each other over the years and they planned on moving out very soon to start their own life. Ondi was going to open up her own Apothecary, while Torlof would make money as a sellsword and doing other odd jobs around their home, they had it all Planned out. But then, the unthinkable happened. Ondi was stricken with an unknown illness. Torlof spent every night and day at her side while she slowly slipped away in her bed. He tried everything he could to heal her, many potions and other remedies, but to no avail. At age 16, Ondi passed away from a horrible case of Bone Break fever. Before she died, Ondi asked only one thing of Torlof, that was to continue her legacy so that way he could never forget who it was that originally taught him what he knew. Torlof agreed, full of sorrow, and then she kissed him one last time before slipping away. She died there in his arms, Him singing her favorite song to her. After the death of Ondi, Torlof became empty on the inside. He rarely talked to Haelga or Banning, all he did was sit in Haelga’s inn and try to ease his suffering with Mead. He picked up a shift in the iron mine to save up some more money so that he could leave Blackwood forever. He thought it may ease the pain of Ondi. He already had 2,000 gold saved up, and after earning another 1,000, he said his goodbyes to Haelga and Banning, and he was gone. He wanted to head north because heading south would lead to more swamps, reminding him of his sorrowful past, so he headed north for the border or Cyrodil, in hopes of getting in to skyrim, where he plans on starting a new life as an Alchemist, Isolated from everyone, just him and nature.

Lucid

I like it. I see drunken ingredient-gathering escapades unfolding. How did the Kajiit Caravan facilitation come to be? Are you thinking of using the Alchemists shack in The Rift as a home base in his self imposed isolation?

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Haha for sure, and I've always personally enjoyed the caravans, and because he isn't much of a "people person", doing business with them lets him avoid populated areas as much as possible. He will live in the Alchemists shack, then eventually build the house in mortal with the fish hatchery and all that good stuff. I also want to come across Meeko at some to be my trusty companion haha.

Lucid

It's too bad that there's no option for a brewery/meadery
/distillery in the Heathfire homes. It seems like your character here would make good use of that. I have a Dunmer that would totally run moonshine out of Lakeview Manor. Or maybe a skooma lab....

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I never thought of that; brewing would be a great craft addition you're right. I bet there's a mod for it somewhere!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
It's too bad that there's no option for a brewery/meadery
/distillery in the Heathfire homes. It seems like your character here would make good use of that. I have a Dunmer that would totally run moonshine out of Lakeview Manor. Or maybe a skooma lab....

That would be awesome if there was, and haha skooma lab c:

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Actually, isn't there a way to get mead barrels in your cellar and fill empty bottles?

Lucid

Actually, isn't there a way to get mead barrels in your cellar and fill empty bottles?

You can, but only to fill bottles. I would like to have a bee farm and actually make more mead. Maybe put Maven out of business :Dovahkiin:

But a business venture like that isn't really compatible with the lone wolf character you've laid out here. Still, it would be nice if he could use his alchemy skills to make his own ale, eh?

The Wanderer

Young Heritic

You can, but only to fill bottles. I would like to have a bee farm and actually make more mead. Maybe put Maven out of business :Dovahkiin:

But a business venture like that isn't really compatible with the lone wolf character you've laid out here. Still, it would be nice if he could use his alchemy skills to make his own ale, eh?

That would make things interesting, but true, it would be nice to make an ale so strong, it'd knock a giant on his arse c:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts