• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ludwig101

i've played an assassin, which was awesome and a full mage. Playing a warrior doesn't really interest me but i'm considering a witch hunter for my next build using conjuration and archery as my two primary skills backed up with restoration, a bit of enchanting, smithing to make better bows and a bit of sneak to have 3.0x plus damage with my bow. Considering either a breton because of their high level in conjuration or a wood elf because of their high level in archery. Any thoughts or tips? I really want to start it but hate the drag of doing the boring start scene and having to go and get that bloody dragon stone etc.. cant the Jarl get it himself? he must have sent millions of players after it now! ha

nacman99

well a witch hunter is a good idea, i would recomend using restoration and one handed as your primary skill. if you are using pc i think their are mods to skip the intro.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Witchhunter always struck me as the pure ranged "I will destroy you from a far" class in Oblivion.

Here's the UESP rip off for Witchhunter
UESP said:
Witchhunter
Swift on foot, and clever with spells, they use distance as their ally. Slower adversaries are fodder for their arrows.

Specialization: Magic
Attributes: Agility, Intelligence
Skills:
  • Alchemy
  • Athletics
  • Conjuration
  • Destruction
  • Marksman
  • Mysticism
  • Security

So to imitate this in Skyrim I suggest the following modified version of this:

Magicka/Health/Stamina point placement: 2/1/2

Skills:

Major: Conjuration, Archery, Light Armor
Minor: Restoration, Sneak, Illusion

Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Notes: Be a High Elf for the Magicka boost, and collect Bound Bow ASAP, and use that as your weapon. Grab Mystic Binding ASAP and that will give you one of the best bow in the game without smithing, unlimited arrows, and ridiculous damage. Use Summons to assist you as much as you can. Light armor is the best armor for a range character. Illusion will be used for the Silent Casting perk, and will sneak be for the damage bonus. Destruction was removed due to the way magic was changed in Skyrim, but you can add it if you want. Restoration will be your healing.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I came here to say what Squirrel killer already said, so I will second his suggestions. The bound bow will be your most powerful weapon from level 3 when you can cast it, up until you get a Smithing level of 80, take the Ebony perk, and improve an Ebony bow.

You don't have to start the main quest, I typically don't anymore, or not until further into my game when I decide I want dragons. I don't think you should be Wood Elf because of their poor daily power and poor racial ability. Breton or High Elf would be much better. High Elf gets extra Magicka from the start, and since they are height scale 1.08 they are faster than the other characters, which is a great bonus for an Archer character to be able to easily kite.

Jaeger

You could also play a vigilant of Stendarr and it ties in with Dawnguard. You were off busting heads and the vamps gave the smack down to the vigilant's chapter house. You bloodsucking leaches will pay!

I played one. Her fire mace busted heads against undead with Fire Enchant, Necromage, the two fire enhancers.

Challenging too until you get Juggernault 4/5 and smith your steel plates boots and gloves to high levels but just take a perk in dwarves smithing to churn out dwarven bows.

I love the look of Novice Mage robes, hood, steel plate gloves and boots.

There pendant gives a plus to block. With spell breaker having a ward get ward absorb.

Alteration
Restoration
Block
Destruction for the fire enhancers
One handed
smithing
Enchanting
Sneak - Backstab, muffle

With the new Dawnguard Stendarr attack spells being under restoration...

Mine was an Imperial.

AS88

Staff member
You could just decide not to do Bleak Falls Barrow, and be a somewhat "normal" best witch hunter ever without shouts? I rarely even touch the main quest beyond Unbound if I'm not playing a specific Dragonborn character

Thing is, if you're consorting with Demons (I mean, Daedra) and summoning weapons from Oblivion, isn't that what's classically known as Witchcraft? I did an extremely similar build, only I called it Necroarcher, because I was the one with the Undead Army razing towns to the ground (then raising the townpeople) Mwuhahaha!

Bound Bow works really well with Atromancy, so your summon times out right before the bow. This wanrs you so you can relocate to a position to recast, reast, and go back to the Pwnage. Whirlwind Sprint is extremely useful for this playstyle. I see no reason to avoid dragons, the BB is more than powerful enough, and it opens up so many abusable Thu'um. I paired it with Block, and the Targe of the Blooded just in case I had to bash my way out of the melee.

I concur with Altmer, you can cast BB at level 1 with a Novice Hood, and Highborn bonus. The Atronach Stone is nice until you start Summoning, then the Lord. Instead of the Shield, you could get a nasty sword for close quarters, it comes out automatically when the bow times out, or you sheathe it, making the transition easier. otherwise, a nice 2 minute summon, Atromancy, or the Might Dremora Lord for a Tank.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts