• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
I ran into this bug last night leaving Fort Dawnguard. I believe I was just starting Chasing Echoes. Anyway, I was leaving Dayspring Canyon and I got ambushed by a couple of Vampire Scouts. Since I really abhor catching Sangunaire Vampiris, I kept at a distance and summoned my trusty Flame Atronach. I think one vampire went down and I noticed that I somehow acquired a 1000 bounty in Whiterun. I thought I must have hit a stray chicken, so I restarted and tried again. I followed the same exact tactic: I kept my distance and used a Flame Atronach to dispatch the vampires.

And I still got a bounty.

I restarted again, and this time, I just charged straight in. I let the vampires hit me first, and then, I proceeded to take them out. No bounty!

Of course, this scientific sample size was not too large. It was just three attempts. I do not recall the first time I encountered the vampire scouts and getting a bounty, though; I charged straight in, and realized they were a pain the butt. Hence, why, I kept my distance the second time.

Still, it was a pretty clever tactic for the vampires to use.

"Alright, great. So how can we beat this Dragonborn fellow?"

"I don't know. That guy is pretty tough."

"I got it! We can make him... not hit us somehow!"

"Yeeeeeah, how do you propose that? We can't exactly charm him with our looks. Especially, since he has Serana with him..."

"Hmm........ perhaps we can magically hit him with a 1000 bounty if he lays a finger on us?"

"Fledgling, you may go down in like two hits, but that's the most brilliant idea ever!"

Benthos

Proud Mer
I have never came across that before... Or at least not that tactic.
Serana is the charmer, not them, I'm glad they have figured that out.

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
Yeah, I'm glad you (or anyone else) haven't encountered that bug. It was kind of annoying, to tell you the truth. Accumulating bounties when I haven't done committed a crime makes me feel so dirty! I wanted to keep playing on (I didn't save my game, and had a couple of hours of progress from my last save), but I couldn't do it.

Clau

The Fateless One
I haven't encountered that, but I did came across that similar incident with vampires posing as Vigilants. They fooled me once and survived their ambush. The second time around, I thought to myself: "LOL, that won't work on me the second time around." So I unsheathed my sword and attacked first. The first vampire fell swiftly, only for me to incur a bounty in Falkreath. They outsmarted me twice.... :oops:

Vampires 2 Claudine 0

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Happens to me everytime I leave Fort Dawnguard, though I only get a 40 bounty and it goes away after I kill them.
The DG scouts at castle Volkihar always give me 1000 bounty though and that stays.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts