Thorynnir - A Hardcore Nordic Mage

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BCool

Evening fellow Skyrim fans. I've been following BIGWooly's posts for some time and have decided to adopt the hardcore playstyle. I'm a Firefighter, not an author, but figured I'd try writing a journal.

Here's the restrictions:

Thorynnir is a Nord Mage.

Level set to Master
No fast travel
Only save after sleeping (manual only)
Must eat 3 balanced meals a day.
90lbs weight limit
HUD set to 2 clicks above 0%. I've found this gives me no benefit of waymarkers or crosshairs but will allow me to see names of people and item descriptions.
No Maps except for where I've been.
No potion use in combat.
May 'Camp' outside by eating dinner. Waiting 8 Hrs. Then eating breakfast. I'm playing on Xbox so I have no camping mod but figured this would work.
Must carry camping supplies in backpack: Pot, Laddle, Bowl, Tankard etc.
No Alchemy
May only have 5 potions in my possession in order to sneak and may carry a max of 10. I figured any more than this would make sneaking impossible due to the clanking of the glass and most backpacks couldn't carry many glass vials without breaking them.
I will only use Lightning spells from destruction tree. (Tweeked the story to fit even though you start with a fire spell)
Can only use 1 apparel to reduce desctruction spell cost. No stacking.
Only a dagger for backup.
No horses or companions.

Backdrop:

He will be an honorable character who is discovering previously unknown powers (magic) that were awakened by the presence of the dragon at Helgen. He's a peasant who's parents died before he could remember. He has no combat skills whatsoever.

Comments are welcome. Like I said, I'm no author so I'll see how the responses are...

Day 1 post coming shortly.

BCool

Day 1...

I was shaking with fear as Ralof and I watched the Dragon from hiding. It was almost majestic as it flew overhead. I whispered a prayer to Talos that it continued to fly away and after an eternity it did.
Ralof jumped up and began telling me about Riverwood. I only remember hearing half of what he said as my mind was reeling from today's events. He was so casual, and I was a mess. Ralof either took no notice of my current condition or he was kind enough not to comment. As he began to move down the trail I proceded to get sick behind the rock. My thoughts turned back to this morning.
I was picked up by an Imperial patrol. For some reason they thought I was with the Stormcloaks and despite my pleas they bound me and tossed me in with the lot. I was nervous, yes, but confident I would be released soon enough. I've never taken sides between the Stormcloaks and Imperials, and being a simple peasant it wouldn't have mattered much anyway. My confidence turned to sheer terror as the Imperial Captain ordered my execution at Helgen. I then watched in horror as a Stormcloak was beheaded and the Captain called for me next!
I got sick in the bushes again at the thought. Looking up I remember seeing that Ralof was off pretending to watch some butterflies flit around on some flowers. I felt a kinship towards him that I've never felt before. I wiped myself off and began to follow him down the trail.
My thoughts though, were of the Dragon. It had saved our lives with its arrival. The confusion and death that followed had allowed us to escape. At the same time I recall feeling an awakening happen within me. Something deep inside me came to life. We had run for cover and then made our way through Helgen. Once inside a large tower Ralof cut my bindings and suggested using a fallen Stormcloak's equipment. I quickly dressed in the armor and boots and grabbed his axe. It was foreign to my hands. Nothing like my woodsman axe. I swung it awkwardly a few times and proceeded to hit my knee. Damn! The sharp pain was quickly followed by warmth as I began to bleed freely. No time to think as Ralof was ordering me to hide as someone was coming.
Why me? What now? What was I going to do? Instinctively I hid on the opposite side of the doorway from Ralof. I could hear distant footsteps approaching. My mouth dried up and I began to breathe rapidly as my pulse quickened. Then I felt it again. An awakening. My fingers began to tingle. Something inside me was stirring. I looked down and saw that my hands began to glow with a blueish light. I dropped my axe... what was going on?!? As my fear grew the light did as well. It began to crackle with energy. I looked at Ralof for help but he was focused on the door. I looked at my hands again and saw sparks circlingmy hands as the door opened. I heard a battlecry from a thousand miles away... and then I snapped out of my trance. Looking up I saw a man with hatred in his eyes and a large sword in his hands coming at me! Wait! My Axe! Weaponless I raised my hands to stop the killing blow. Immediately the sparks turned to lightning and enveloped my attacker. I watched in horror as he died in his tracks. I quickly turned to Ralof only to find him locked in mortal combat. Without hesitation I raised my hands and the lightning ended the battle.
I fought back another wave of nausea as I recounted taking a life for the first time. The trail had taken us closer to a river and I could now hear a waterfall. Ralof, Talos love him, was rambling on and on about random stuff again. Something about living under a barrow or something. I turned my thoughts back to the tunnels.
We had to battle our way out. My new friend and I somehow did it. I found my new power to be very effective in combat. I had picked up a dagger on the way out, but never had to use it. The sorrow I initially felt about killing diminished as we continued to fight through the Imperials. Served them right for trying to kill an innocent man.
I stumbled on the trail and my knee screamed in pain. I sat down on a log to examine the damage. What an idiot I was. I uncovered the wound to find it bleeding badly again. Nausea hit me like a warhammer so I covered the cut with my hand. I wished it was healed. Immediately my hand became warm and it spread throughout my body. Looking down I saw a warm glow radiating from my hand. Startled I jumped up and the glowing stopped. What was that? I looked down at my knee and it wasn't bleeding anymore. I looked around to see if Ralof saw what happened but he was busy watching the fish jump in the stream. I put my hand back on my knee and the warmth returned for a minute then dissappeared. Nervously I lifted my and to my amazement the wound was gone! Completely healed!
Zombie like I continued to follow Ralof to Riverwood. We met his sister Gerdur who gave me a place to stay, a nice ring, and some healing potions. 3 of them! They will be nice to have if I ever try out an axe again.
So here I am, sitting at the inn, writing this journal, while contemplating what next. Why did I get these powers after the arrival of the dragon? What's the connection? Gerdur has asked me to go to Whiterun to get help for Riverwood. I've also agreed to get a gold ornament back for the shopkeeper in town. Too much happend today. My thoughts are not clear. I think I'll sleep on it and decide which way to go in the morning. After some more ale...

BCool

Day 2

I awoke this morning with a determination I've never felt before. Clearly I'd like to help Riverwood defend against the dragon, but as a wanted man I need to lay low for a bit. I'm not even sure that I wouldn't be arrested by Whiterun guards on the spot and executed. Until I can sort things out I felt that I needed to prepare myself for battle. Therefore I decided to help the shopkeeper retrieve his trinket. Using his directions, I decided to get a closer look at the mountain. I crossed the river and moved west. I had only a few coins and a ring to my name so I wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into. The mountain looked freezing cold but the trip appeared to be one that I could do in a day. Returning to the shopkeeper I traded in my ring for some fur boots and food for a day. I'm was now officially broke.

I headed out. I felt alive. My senses missed nothing as the mountain grew before me. Not the whisper of the wind, nor the bubbling of the brook. Moving west i found a small trail heading up. Climbing the trail I noticed a tower at the top. Hesitating I thought of my approach. Thinking it couldn't be Bleak falls Barrow I decided to continue up the trial to see who was there. I was approaching from what appeared to be the rear of the tower so I veered off to the right. Rounding the tower I saw a bridge above me. Heading to the base of the bridge I heard a whistling pass by. I looked up to see an archer taking aim from inside the doorway of the tower. Before I could react his second arrow found its mark. My shoulder scream in agony and I felt my heart pumping in my head. Anger rose within me as I jumped to the bridge and closed on my assailant. That's when my mistake became apparent. A blow struck my back and the force pushed me off the bridge. I somehow landed on my feet and looked up throw bloodied eyes to see a menacing figure with an axe racing off the bridge towards me. Phhht went an arrow next to my leg and I remembered the archer. Outnumbered I ran back down the hill to try and separate the two. Using my healing hand as I ran my eyes began to clear but I grew tired at the same time. Hearing footsteps closing in I turned and threw my sparks at him. He screamed out but continued to close the gap. I turned and ran on. Getting to the base of the trail I turned again and cut loose my sparks. This time my hands closed together and one instinctively went on top of the other. The lightning grew in power and he fell dead at my feet.

Looking up I saw no other pursuit so I gathered my strength and began to sneak up the hill. Backtracking I found the archer waiting on the bridge. Using the shadow of the tower I closed under him thinking my lightning could reach him from below. I reached out and cut it loose. The archer was enveloped and voiced his surprise...and agony. He began to nock another arrow when he fell from the bridge and died. I quickly searched the two and found a few gold pieces. Not much for my efforts. Thinking of what to do I decided to strip them of their fur armor to sell at the shop. Used or not I thought it should get me a few more gold.

I climbed to the bridge and quietly entered the tower. Creeping up the stairs I heard boots scraping on the wood floors. I readied my lightning and waited. He came into view. A large bandit in heavy armor. Not what I had hoped to see. I cut loose my power only to watch him draw his weapon and close within range. I ran downstairs, turned and cut loose again. He was too close. His heavy blow was too much. Blood poured into my vision and my blood was thumping in my ears. I ran again. Over the bridge and down the trail to the right. My healing power coursing through my body as I ran. Tiring I turned to find him on my heels. He absorbed my lightning power again without stopping and I turned and began to sprint. This is not going well at all. Maybe I was foolish to even try. Running on I gained some space between us. I decided to make a stand as I was out of breath. I turned and waited. He didn't seem to care and charged. His battlecry still rings in my ears. My blood boiled and I let loose my lightning. As he continued on I prayed to Talos that he die. To my bewilderment he did just that. He crumpled into a heap that still crackled with sparks. Exhausted I sat down on a stump and collected myself. Maybe I need to slow down a bit I thought. It was getting to be noon already so I ate some lunch and had my last Ale. I found some very heavy armor on this last bandit and decided to spend the rest of the day collecting valuables from the tower bandits and selling them to the shop.

It's early evening and I'm enjoying some delicious beef and mead from the Inn. I wanted to have time to write down my adventures from today and need to rest up for tomorrow. For tomorrow I will try to gain entry into the barrows. If I get the same resistance tomorrow that I did today, my rest will be much needed. I sure do hope the shopkeeper pays well for my troubles.

BCool

Day 3

What a glorious day! Talos himself has blessed me today. I had left at sunrise to find the Bleak Falls Barrow and my battles have left me exhausted. First I fought through the guards outside the main Temple. I was able to sneak up on the first archer and take him down with little difficulty. Unfortunately I alerted the other two in the process. My strategy continues to be the same. Lightning - run - lightning - run. The other guards fell one by one. After carefully searching for any others in hiding I collected their valuables and headed to the main entrance.

Standing at the doorway I felt fear rise up from within. What if there are ten bandits? Inside I will have nowhere to run... I considered this thought for a while. I decided to play it by ear and crouched down...slowly opening the door.

Rats! Everywhere! Thank Talos they were dead. I hate rats. Then I saw a body. creaping forward I heard voices in the room...up ahead... I verified the bandit was dead in front of me and moved toward a light. Two bandits near a campfire. One looked heavily armed and the other was an archer. I decided to focus on the armored one. Creaping up behind a pillar I carefully aimed... then cut loose my lightning. Shouts rose from the bandits and the fight was on. Running backwards I kept the lightning flowing through the armored one and when my back was against the entry door he dropped dead. Whack! An arrow hit my thigh. Great. I moved right to get cover and tried to heal my wound. To now avail. I guess I'm drained from the lightning. I need time. Whack! an arrow smacked the stone next to me. I moved right and placed myself near the fire behind a stone. The archer loosed arrow after arrow as I dodged left and right. Using the stone for cover... waiting for my power to return. This went on for 30 minutes till I felt reenergized. Timing is everything now. Thud! and arrow hit next to me. NOW! I charged forward and to the right closing within range. The lightning flashed in the room and engulfed the archer. She dropped with a cry and lay still. I stood still and listened. No sounds of anyone coming were to be heard. I removed the arrow and healed myself.

I gathered their trinkets and light armor. There was a chest but I couldn't find a key. Ohh well. Some time I hope I can get trained on picking locks. I decided to leave the heavy stuff here and venture further inside. I hope the shopkeepers trinket isn't much further inside. I was hoping it was easy to find. As I decended deeper I encountered a spider web the likes of which I have never seen. Creepy. I hesitated... what kind of spider could weave this? It was then I heard it. Like a dream. "Help! Get me outa here!" the voice cried out. I moved forward and cut through another large web. The voice was close. I stepped into a large room when a gigantic abomination dropped from the ceiling. What the?!?! I cut loose my lightning and without a sound it charged. It was a spider! And it was fast. I ran out of the room quickly. Thank Talos it was too big to follow. It began spitting green goo at me. i can only imagine the poison it must carry. I dodged it and kept the pressure on with my lightning. The battle went on for hours... me hiding and resting up then charging. It was epic. The spider finally balled up and lay still. I was elated!! But no time to reflect, the pleas continued and I followed the voice. I found someone in a web. He said his name was Arvel or something like that and he had the trinket. I agreed to cut him down but when I did he ran away laughing!

The chase was on! I followed behind but he was too fast. I lost sight of him right when I found myself in a burial chamber. I stopped. The air was cold and musty. I got a chill. Something wasn't right. I crouched down and moved left toward the far wall. That's when it happened. One of the bodies moved! It began to get up and then I saw it had a huge axe. No time to waste I began frying it with lightning. It stepped forward then fell in a heap. I heard rustling and two more came at me... backing up as we battled I dropped them both. I found some gold on them and moved forward slowly. I saw near the other doorway a body. It was Arvel... but why? Moving up I noticed a circular stone in the floor by his feet. I wonder... moving up I lightly touched the stone and stepped back. The wall erupted and a metal frame swung out... covered in spikes! So that's what got him. I searched his body and found a book, the trinket, and some gold. Looking ahead I saw more chambers like this one. I decided to move back upstairs to my new camp and regroup.

Sitting now by the campfire I began to read his journal...I think I will hold onto the trinket a little while longer. The trinket is a key. To what I don't know but I want to find out. My dinner never tasted so good and my thoughts were again of the mysterious dragon. Maybe this key will give me a clue as to what is going on. I feel a connection and want to understand my powers... Talos grant me safe sleep as tomorrow I hope to find the door Arvel's journal speaks of.

BCool

Fredas, 4th of Heartfire

It's been a tough couple of weeks but I've finally succeeded. Im recovering at the Sleeping Giant Inn as I reflect on my latest journey. I had pushed into the Barrow pretty far when I saw him. A rather large looking Drauger with a huge weapon. Hiding in the shadows I watched him pacing back and forth. Just past him was the only other exit to the room. He looked tough so I needed a plan. Crouched I slowly moved up and examined the room. To the left was a pile of rubble near a pillar... a plan formed in my mind. Thinking that he wasn't nimble enough to get on top I was going to use the pile as a barrier. I crept forward and jumped on the pile... keeping the pillar between us. It was easy enough to jump up so I decided to go for it. I watched the Drauger and when he turned around I sprang into action. I junmped down a fired my lightning into his back. he spun around as I pressed forward and then it happened...my lightning stopped...he moved forward rather quickly and I turned and jumped onto the pile of rubble and dropped to the other side. It worked. He grunted in frustration and started to come around the pillar. I jumped to the other side and tried my lightning...phht. A small streak hit him and stopped.... still too tired. He turned and charged. To my dismay I found I was unable to jump. Apparently I had dropped into a hole in the rubble. Paniced I turned and tried desperately to get out. Too late... the pain exploded in my head and all went black...

After waking up in the inn I recouped myself for a week. My wounds mending and my mind racing. I had learned that it was a drauger from Alvor the smith. He laughed when I called them Skeleton thingy's... This last Drauger was different...stronger somehow. When I was healed I set out for revenge.

Humiliating is what it is... to wake up in the inn again was very humbling. Delphine didn't seem to mind. Of course getting another 300 septium from me probably helped her refrain from teasing me. After a week of mending I set out once again for the Barrow. This time I was determined to be victorious.

Sipping on my ale I reflected how satisfying it had been to stand over the body of the drauger. He had a gem on him and some gold. Nothing to restore the 600 he had cost me. I continued to push on and eventually found the door Arvel wrote about. After a while I figured out the combination... it was inscribed into the claw... I felt pretty dumb for not having noticed it before. It was magical to watch the door slide into the floor. Stepping through cautiously my heart was racing. I moved through waiting for the next Drauger but none were found. On the far side of the cavern I saw a large wall. It looked out of place...something about it drew me closer. As I climbed the stairs I half noticed the coffin. So fixated on the wall I didn't think twice about it. Then I heard it... chanting... the room got fuzzy and some writing begain to glow...no time to run i just stood there...The chanting grew and I felt like I was learning something...something powerful...then all was black. When my vision returned I stood there wondering what happened...I knew something...a word. But what did it do? I stepped back and vaguely heard a sound. I turned... dazed... to see the cause. Drauger!! I went on the offensive. Lightning cut into him as he climbed out of his tomb. The fight was on.

I chuckled to myself thinking about it now. That thing chased me from on side of the cavern to the other. What a battle!! When he finally fell I was exhausted. That's when I found it...Dragonstone. What was it? Is it connected to the word I learned? It was heavy. I put it in my pack with the gold and his Axe which glowed and was very cold. I will study the stone at the inn.

I sold my collection to Lucern and turned in the claw. He was very happy, his sister was too, although I get the feeling she likes me. I have money in my pocket and my stomach is full...I will rest well tonight. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

BCool

This is a pretty good journal,I`ll definitely be following this.:)

Thanks! I'm honored that you like it enough to follow. I've never been very far into the game so I hope it will continue to be an interesting read. I hope to post some tonight. Take care.

BCool

Morndas, 7th of Heartfire

It's been a busy couple of days. When I woke up in Riverwood's inn I had decided to go to Whiterun to get help. Simply put I felt I had waited long enough and was worried the dragon may show up any time now. The chain of events that unfolded once I spoke to Jarl Balgruuf was very unexpected. I ended up turning in my Dragonstone and while speaking to Farengard we were interrupted with news that a dragon was spotted. I guess I got here just in time. I wished I hadn't waited so long to come, maybe they could have prepared more for it's arrival...

We were summoned to Balgruuf who immediately tasked us to check out the dragon. Off we went to the west watchtower. It was in ruins, and I felt the same fear as in Helgen... something wasn't right. Then the cries of "Dragon!" rose out of the ashes. One of the guards had spotted it flying out of the mountains. The guards quickly prepared and I quickly stepped into the tower... what could we do? I had seen it destroy Helgen. Burning all who got in it's way. How can we possibly stand against it? I heard it's roar and felt the earth shake. It was here and the battle began.

Arrows filled the air and I watched the dragon land in front of the tower. Immediately I saw that it wasn't the same one from Helgen. This one was smaller. I let loose my new lightning bolt spell and watched the dragon crackle with it's impact. It looked my way so I stepped into the tower for cover. Just in time too, the archer still in the doorway burst into flames as the dragon breathed a fifieryreath totowards. It then took off and began to circle the tower. This continued on for most of the afternoon. the Dragon playing touch and go and us trying desperately to bring it down. It was getting bloody so I knew we were doing some damage. Back and forth we went... until it finally fell to our swords and spells. I approached the body and saw it burst into flames and begin to disappear. As it did a whirlwind flew into me and I heard chanting like before. I suddenly felt empowered and the chanting faded... One of the guards ran up and said something about being Dragonborn...I did as he suggested and tried to shout using the word I had learned and a powerful force blew into the ground. Amazing! I am Dragonborn. I was ordered to report to the Jarl and did so quickly. He spoke of the Greybeards and their calling of me. He thanked me with gifts and made me Thane of Whiterun!! I was very honored.

I had spent the night at the inn after selling some more loot and then decided to collect on the bounty I had received. Halted Stream Camp was were I was headed. I made it there by following the stream behind Whiterun uphill. When I got a little closer I was spotted and the arrows began to fly all around me. I moved to the right and was met by a heavily armored bandit coming out of a gate. I started to blast him with lightning as he closed the distant between us. Too close! I broke off my attack and ran. Heading back towtowarditerun i would gain some ground then turn and attack. Our battle ranged all of the flatlands...and unfortunately traveled too close to another bandit camp. I ended up running around the plains fighting a mage, two armored bandits, and three archers. How I survived was mainly luck. I dodged arrows and fought the armored bandits first. Once they fell the mage was next. Fortunately he was distracted by an Elk for a while. Why he would waste time attacking an elk when there was a battle raging i will never know. Talos was watching out for me I guess. The archers fell one by one and then I spent the next couple of hours collecting money and armor and running them into Whiterun to sell.

Once that was done I found the camp again. There was a mine entrance and I figured that's where the leader was hiding. I entered quietly. I sat at the entrance to let my eyes adjust to the light. I could here a pickpickaxthe hallway ahead...so I crouched down and slid up the path. I saw him ahead, heavily armored, but unaware of my presence. I readied my new lightning bolt...tried to aim as best as I could and then cut it loose. The impact made him cry out in pain and drop his pickpickaxe quickly turned and charged, a little too quick for my comfort. I readied my bolts and fired. I caught him mid stride and threw him backbackwarde down I thought as I slowly moved forward. Question was, where are the others?

Using a key I found I opened a gate and snuck deeper into the mine. I could here talking ahead. Keeping to the shadows I crept forward. Two voices below me...then I saw him...a large Orc with a menacing weapon on a platform to my far left. I backed up and formed a plan. Switching my spell to fury, a new one I learned from a book, I snuck forward. Aiming for the leader I let it loose. Without waiting to see what happened I snuck back up the path to a hiding place I thought would conceal me. Waiting, hardly breathing, i listened to a battle rage below, then silence. I waited a few minutes to be sure then crept out into the path. Moving forward a little more than before I looked below me and saw two lifeless bodies. Yay!!! I worked. I found the leader in the same spot as before. Backing up a bit I carefully aimed my bolts and fired. Then I hid again. This went on for an hour at least. Shooting my lightning then quickly hiding while the leader ran around looking for me. I would have been a shorter battle if had hit him every time. Unfortunately my aim in not very good. I hit maybe 1 out of 3 times. It worked though, and I got the mine cleared out.

I went to Dragonreach and collected my bounty. Now I'm sitting at the inn coming up with a plan for tomorrow. The urge to learn more about my connection with the return of the dragons and being Dragonborn is too much. Tomorrow I'm heading to see the Greybeards.

BCool

Day... unknown

Things I now hate: Sabercats, Giant Spiders, Ice wolves, and most of all Iverstead. This place has been a blackhole for me. I think I've been here two months now and many of those days laying in bed healing. Just getting here almost killed me twice. It all started out with my first cat...

I was walking up the trail towards Iverstead and I guess my mind had wandered a bit. I had been walking most of the day now and my battle with an archer mage left me tired. I'm not sure where it was hiding but when I heard the growl and spun around it was too late. My vision blurred and I passed out.

After healing for a week in Whiterun I set out again. Cats can be territorial from what I understand so I was going to try and sneak through the area this time. I approached an intersection near where I was attacked and crouched. Looking around for an alternate path I decided to skirt the river to my left. The dropoff was steep and the hill was rocky but it looked like my only chance. Quietly hopping from one rocky outcrop to another I made my way towards a bridge past the area of the cat. Reaching to base of the bridge I quietly moved up the hill... then I heard it....the unmistakebale growl. It leapt from across the road and was on me in the blink of an eye. I leapt to my right and watched in amazement as the cat overshot and slid off the rocks and over the hill! Crouched I waited for him to appear but he didn't. I moved slowly towards the edge and looked over. The cat was on a ledge pacing back and forth trying to get to me. But he was stuck. My lightning lit into him and the acrid smell of burning fur put me into a frenzy. Again and again I hit the cat with my lightning. His cries in pain were sweet satisfaction to my ears. When the cat went limp and slipped over the edge I yelled a cry of victory.... mmmwwwaahahahah!!!! I stood there gazing over the edge for some time, almost wishing he would climb up for more. After a while my bloodlust settled down and I set off again for Iverstead.

I camped without incident and then continued my journey early the next day. After another half day of walking I found Iverstead. I must say that it was dissappointing. No shops, no smithy, not anything of note. I spoke with the innkeeper and found out about a haunted barrow. I made note of it to check out later. I decided to get a room and rest up for the long journey up the 7,000 steps. I think the innkeeper was joking about the number of steps but the mountain ascent looks daunting none the less.

Waking up early I began the climb. I was a crisp morning and I was enjoying the fresh air when I saw it. Wolf! I've run into many in my travels but this one was white. No worries. I crept forward and cut loose my lightning. To my amazement he ran through it a bit my leg and clawed my other leg! The pain was extraordinary. I punched his nose to get him off and I felt woozy already...no time to think. I ran. He ran faster! I looked for help as I felt his weight settle onto my back and his claws dug deep. As I fell into blackness my last thoughts were...."Are there really 7,000 steps?"

BCool

Day unknown plus 1 week...

Heading out for revenge... I feel good after healing for a week. As good as I can since I'm still in Ivarstead. Hate this place. The longer I stay here the more I wish a dragon would burn it down. I've come all this way to see the Greybeards and I'm not stopping now. Ice wolf be damned. I load up on more food and ale for my trip and head out.

I cross the bridge and stop at a shrine. I say a little prayer to Talos for protection and move up the steps. After a few minutes of walking I come to the bend in the path where I met the wolf before. Crouching I ready my spells. My senses are tingling and my heart is racing as I move left for cover...searching desperately to see him before he sees me. Then I hear it. My hairs stand on end as he lets out a howl. He's close but I can't find him! Creeping forward I see movement ahead.. got him. He's pacing back a forth a little higher up the hill. I move into range and he turns! Spotted I cut loose my spells, ripping into him I smell fur being charred...He recovers quickly and charges. My lightning doesn't let up but he never slowed. Leaping the last ten feet he reaches me in no time. Knowing I cannot run I try to heal myself and shock him at the same time. Relentless in his pursuit I'm no match for him. My vision blurrs and then he leaps again... I remember his putrid breath as I black out...

Waking up in the inn I thank Talos to be alive. I inquire as to how I got there but the innkeeper is fuzzy about the details. I wanted to thank the kind traveler who not only carried me to the inn but didn't strip me of all of my belongings.

Drinking some ale I reflect on the past couple of months. I resign myself to the fact that I'm outmatched by the wolf. So, what now? Thinking about what I've learned from Farengar I come up with a plan. The arrival of the dragons awakened within me the power to cast spells. I know that now. I've picked up a few more spells from books that Farengar was willing to sell me. I've also noticed that the more I use them the easier it is to cast them. I decide to gain some more experience and save some gold for more spell books. There must be a few spells that will help me defeat the wolf.

That settled I've decided to check out the barrows. I start to get excited about the prospect when a stabbing pain in my side reminds me that I need more time to mend. Soon...very soon I will enter the barrows. I hope to find a target to vent my frustration....

BCool

I did it! Kicking back with a wonderful ale tonight as a reward for today! This morning I entered the barrow to figure out what was up with it. It didn't take long to find a ghost. First one I've seen and it sure did give me a chill. It was behind a grate which gave me thought...if it was a ghost why didn't it come through? I found some loot nearby and figured out how to open the grate. It wasn't long till I found him sitting at a desk. I know it sounds weird... I mean, why would a ghost sit at a desk? He attacked and I blasted him with sparks. The battle was over shortly and then he wasn't a ghost anymore. Ended up being a mage who pretended to be a ghost. Mystery solved!!

I found a journal, much like this one only shorter, on his desk next to a philter that I think made him look ghostly. Reading his journal it appears that there may be more to the barrows than people know about. I had found another door but wanted to tell the innkeeper the good news before going to deep into the barrow. I took what I could carry and turned in the mage's journal. Guess what? I received a golden claw in return. Ahah!! Having used one before it was very exciting to get one again. I sold what little I could and made another trip to gather more loot.

Sitting here basking in my victory and enjoying some wonderfully cooked beef I've decided to set out early in the morning to see if there is a door that the claw unlocks. I'm soo excited as I write this I hope I can sleep...

When I read the part where you killed the Saber Cat, I imagined writing in your place "After I shocked it to death, I jumped on it, ripped out its eye and ate it."

BCool

When I read the part where you killed the Saber Cat, I imagined writing in your place "After I shocked it to death, I jumped on it, ripped out its eye and ate it."

If only I could have!! Darn things are instant death for me right now.

BCool

I know that smell...a musty bed and stale cheese. My eyes begin to get adjusted to the candlelight and reality sets in. Ivarstead inn again!! How could I have been so careless?!? Thinking back I remember the round decorative stone in the floor of the barrow. Clearly something to be avoided. I guess the two Draugers laying in wait distracted me just enough. I remember a faint 'click' then a loud thwack!! I caught a glimpse of the metal wall of spikes right before I blacked out. I look down at the numerous oval wounds and through the pain have to laugh. If I don't heal completely, if there are any scars left, I will have poka dots. I check my coins and discover I have just enough to last a week here. I hope its enough to get on my feet and back into the barrow. I want to see whats in there...

BCool

I awake early. Excited to be going out again. That barrow has something important in it. I can feel it drawing me in. Heading quickly to where I found the trap I hug the left wall. I crept to the first Drauger and hit him with my sparks. He awakens and stands only to fall limp on the floor. Turning I hit the other sleeping Drauger and it ends the same. I find a few coins on them, hardly enough to cover another week in the inn. I must be extra careful today. Staying to the left I round the corner and head toward a door. Unfortunately two Drauger heard me and rise to attack. I hit the nearest as I back up. An idea forms in my mind... I retreat to the other side of the circular stone and wait. The first Drauger approaches quickly and steps on the stone...Thwack!! He is thrown harshly to the ground. The second avoids the trap, I hit him with my lightning and back up. I have to retreat some distance before he falls. Moving forward I check the bodies and collect a few more coins.

My journey continued the same way. Carefully avoiding traps and blasting Drauger. I was tough going, constantly retreating while blasting the with lightning. Then I came to a puzzle... There was a pressure plate in the center of the room with two rotating ppedestalson either side. I looked around and saw that the walkway was incomplete and the was a raised drawbridge on the other side. So what now? Having already fallen to a trap I don't want to get this wrong. There has to be a key somewhere that tells the combination... question in where? I search everywhere, under the water below, behind a waterfall, the ceiling, I spent an hour looking around to no avail. Frustrated I return to the plate in the room. It has to be here. Then I see it. The door in the room. Maybe its there...

Crouching down I slowly open the door. Then I heard the ununmistakablerunt of a DrDraugerI back up and wait. It's not long before he comes into view. I hit him with my lightning and he charges. Avoiding his attacks I run babackwardround the small room as I attack. This one is tougher than before. His axe hits me in the arm. The pain is intense and the my vision blurs. I retreat down the stairs and continue to blast him. Then, thank Talos he falls...down the stairs. His body comes to rest at the bottom. I search him and find a nice gem and more money. I wonder what the gem is worth? No time to waste I return to the room. Looking around for an answer to the puzzle but I found none. In my frustration I accidentally stepped on a plate in the floor. I immediately heard a stone on stone scraping sound. Looking to see what form of death I had unleashed I saw stone rotating on the walls...four different stones. I watched fearfully until I saw it. A fish shape appeared briefly. Ahah!! The key!! I watched the walls and got the pattern I needed.

I quickly turned the pedpedestals match the pattern I had found then stepped on the plate. Wham! The drawbridge dropped and thankfully I was still alive. Gathering myself up I began to move across. Wondering what challenge is next...

BCool

Hey D.

I'm currently wearing Adept Robes (+75% magicka regen), boots, and a steel dagger. No armor at all. I'm hoping to get my Alteration up so I can use Stoneskin with twice the duration.

I also carry "camping gear" in my backpack. Iron pot, wooden bowl, plate, laddle, and a tankard.

Thats about it.

Ohh, and I've been carrying 10 potions, not 5. That limitation was a little much.

BC

Dovakiin98

Hey D.

I'm currently wearing Adept Robes (+75% magicka regen), boots, and a steel dagger. No armor at all. I'm hoping to get my Alteration up so I can use Stoneskin with twice the duration.

I also carry "camping gear" in my backpack. Iron pot, wooden bowl, plate, laddle, and a tankard.

Thats about it.

Ohh, and I've been carrying 10 potions, not 5. That limitation was a little much.

BC
Thanks BC!