This Town Is Big Enough For A Few More Of Us

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rakem-Eem

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Skyrim and this is my first post. I have the game on Xbox and I have a modest proposal. Skyrim is such a huge game, and it deserves more than one character in its world. Instead of having one hero that ends up leading the mages guild, and the thieves guild, and the assassins guild, and every other guild, why not create multiple files that exist in the same universe?That way I can have my argonian running the thieves guild while, simultaneously, my imperial deals with the civil war and so on. Characters not being played can become npcs in specific areas. The game is so big, it can support multiple playthroughs without any overlap. Instead, I either have to play with one character (boring) or create multiple universes (and multiple trips through bleak falls barrow, sigh). I'm just saying that if this change was incorporated into Xbox dlc then I would give money to have it, and I'm sure others would feel the same way. I don't know if those responsible for executing such things reads these forums, but if this community supports this message and knows how to make it reach those with the power to make it so then I would ask for the help to make it happen.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I think a better option would be to defer leadership of the College to Tolfdir, the Companions to Aela, and the Thieves Guild to Karliah or Brynjolf.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Honestly, I don't think the developers will ever make a game like that. That's seems like a lot of work. Sounds pretty cool though.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Sounds like a fun time, but seems like it'd get annoying after awhile. People would undoubtedly take advantage of it and make entirely too many characters, and then complain when their game took too long to load.

I think a better option would be to defer leadership of the College to Tolfdir, the Companions to Aela, and the Thieves Guild to Karliah or Brynjolf.

That's what I think should've happened.
College: Tolfdir
Companions: Aela
Brotherhood: Nazir
Thieves Guild: Karliah

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
I really wish they'd have co-op for console players. That way my brothers vampire warrior, and my vampire mage could rule Skyrim together. *cue evil laugh*

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
My only debate with the leader list is Nazir as leader. The PC should be leader since he's... Well the Listener.

Fair enough, I guess I was figuring more Nazir as a figurehead. Instead of hearing what the Night Mother has to say, talking to the contact and then doing the killing yourself, theoretically you should be able to get the information and pass it onto Nazir as your Speaker and watch the others climb the ranks and get kills/botch kills that you'd had to deal with.

Rakem-Eem

Honestly, I don't think the developers will ever make a game like that. That's seems like a lot of work. Sounds pretty cool though.
Is it really that hard to do? I'm not a development expert, but it would seem fairly simple. It would still be single player. Obviously they would need a finite number of slots for multiple pcs who are currently npcs to go. I'm not big into mods but I would definitely pay for someone to incorporate this.

ShangTsung

there's no way current gaming consoles could keep up with that much information, they struggle enough as it is, hell the ps3 version is STILL a studdering annoyance even after the patches and thats with NO dlc, a pc on steroids maybe could handle something like this but the computer would have to come strait from bill gates himself.. lol

Companions to Vilkas. I don't think Aela would take a leadership postion, in my own opinion. She's more about the hunt and the kill.

Drecon

Companions to Vilkas. I don't think Aela would take a leadership postion, in my own opinion. She's more about the hunt and the kill.
I agree actually. Vilkas seems the more responsible of the two.

It would actually be funny if the player could choose a leader and see what happens with each of the leaders.
Vilkas - Companions become a group of honorable knights
Aela - Companions become savage hunters
Farkas - ... yeah ...

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I'll admit he'd probably be a decent leader, but I personally don't like him very much lol. All of the Companions annoyed me, except for Aela.

Rakem-Eem

there's no way current gaming consoles could keep up with that much information, they struggle enough as it is, hell the ps3 version is STILL a studdering annoyance even after the patches and thats with NO dlc, a pc on steroids maybe could handle something like this but the computer would have to come strait from bill gates himself.. lol
How so? The world wouldn't need to change, just the player character. What is holding it back?

ShangTsung

How so? The world wouldn't need to change, just the player character. What is holding it back?
the game would have to keep up with literally EVERYTHING you did INCLUDING all your other characters, in short it would be a cluster fvck of data the console would need to keep up with, the 360 has enough problems handling Minecraft! i just don't see how its possible, would be cool as hell though.

Rakem-Eem

I just discovered skylanders giants for my little bro's Christmas gifts. In that game they have 48 different characters in the same universe, each with their own race, stats, and perk trees. I honestly don't think it can be that hard. Mods I will pay money for this.

Twiffle

and yet another thread of ''how to make skyrim better''. we all agree its one of, if not the best game of this genre yet since i have been a member of these pages all i seem to see is people trying to make it better, what with PC mods, someone suggesting multi player and now another attempt to add more complications to the damn thing.It seems to me that perhaps your all not that impressed with Skyrim, i mean just look at the game, put all its flaws to one side and JUST LOOK, it is stunning, it is a game that is only governed by YOUR imagination, most other games guide you down a pre scripted route, with Skyrim and also Oblivion bethesda have pulled off a master piece, i am of the old school, i started gaming on a commodore 64 then an amiga 500, if you were to tell me games would have been so in depth and open to your own imagination and not a set script most of my age would have laughed at you, so come on, lets agree its not perfect, but its so damn close you can almost touch it. . . . . .

'' or is it me?''

Deeley

'' or is it me?''

I had to rate your comment optimistic :p. I love this game, although I dont play it as much as I would like to, it's still absolutely incredible. But part of what you see people saying about the game is just due to you reading the forum which is there for people to have a discussion about the game on, and content suggestions is a fun discussion point :) I'm sure the majority of people do agree it's an epic masterpeice, but you will always get people who are either ignorant or have too-high expectations, who don't appreciate the sheer amount of work involved in creating a game like this.

I would like multiplayer though, just to be able to load your save (levels/equipment/inventory) into a new map and then invite your friends into the world to explore/do quests/mess around. The game mechanics would be pretty complicated I think though, and it would undoubtedly lead to Real World Trading of Skyrim levelling/equipment/quests etc lol. Unless any progress made wasn't saved after both players have left the party.

Twiffle

at least you didnt rate me as a ranter Deeley, :D

as i said, is it me, ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts