• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

reversu

So I was just wandering around minding my own business when suddenly this dude came up to me and was all "Take my sword! Keep it safe for me! I'll come and take it back later!"

And then he just ran off... but no quest or anything appeared in my journal. Anyway I forgot about it and I think I might have sold the sword or lost it... it's not in my inventory any more, either way.

I haven't seen him since! Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, did the guy come back for his sword later?

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Yep, this has happened to me. Basically, if you stand still in that spot, another man, a hunter, will come and ask you if you've seen this man. You can either say that you haven't seen him, or tell him where he ran off, or point him in the wrong direction. The man comes back later to give you a bit of money, or sometimes they just have this epic fight.

Teritus

LOL. Yeah, you can kill both, or one of them survives and gives you a bit of cash or something.

Al'Amar

The Wood Elf
I'm interested in finding this. Did this happen after a specific quest, and where were you?

Teritus

No, it's just a completely random encounter. Just go out into the woods and you'll find them.

Al'Amar

The Wood Elf
I did have a woman come up to me the other day, I think all it said was " Frightened Woman " who just escaped from some bandits, that five seconds later got killed by a cave bear.
You know what they say, what happens in Skyrim, stays in Skyrim

This has happened to me alot... does the "stormcloak courier" have any connection to this encounter.
They'll run up to me, then run away and when conversation is started, they act as a normal guard.

rucasru

This has happened to me twice. Both times, I completely forgot about it and just went on with my quests with their stuff. They never came back for it.

Maxlength

I did have a woman come up to me the other day, I think all it said was " Frightened Woman " who just escaped from some bandits, that five seconds later got killed by a cave bear.
You know what they say, what happens in Skyrim, stays in Skyrim

:D