this game really does have infinite quests and how...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
okay I sat there and played skyrim for a while, and as you know after I killed off a entire range of bandits and got heaps of points a little while later in that same cave they respawned back there again and the cave quest just kept on going afterwards.

its true that enemies do often respawn after a little while during hours of gameplay I find this game endless infinite quests.

endless quests isn't necessarily a good thing, it's an illusion, the quest aren't endless, they are repetitive, not that I particularly mind, I still get my kicks from them, it's just a shame.

andrea

there's like a 30 in-game days respawn rate, and yes everytime you go to a tavern and ask for a job they make up a quest for you, that happens with many other places too.
unfortunately the random missions all look-a-like

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Arniel's Endeavour (College of Winterhold) appears to repeat itself but actually comes to a conclusion at some point and is worth pursuing.

Slow Rider

Arniel's Endeavour (College of Winterhold) appears to repeat itself but actually comes to a conclusion at some point and is worth pursuing.

In that vein, I finally broke down and Googled something (I try to figure these things out on my own, rather than Google, it just takes the fun out of it). I had been running around Skyrim looking for these ten bloody Dwarven cogs, and all I could ever find was Dwemer cogs. So I picked one up to see if they were equivalent.

Skyrim never gave me that satisfying "thunk" sound with a quest update that says something like "Find Dwarven cogs (1/10)" so I assumed that the Dwemer cogs were not the same. But now I see from others that they are. So I'm kicking myself for passing so many of them by.

It is good to know that this is not a one-off quest, but rather a minor quest with something of significance at the end. I guess I'll get back into it and see what happens when I see it to completion. If anyone else is struggling with these cogs, just remember Dwarven=Dwemer.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
In that vein, I finally broke down and Googled something (I try to figure these things out on my own, rather than Google, it just takes the fun out of it). I had been running around Skyrim looking for these ten bloody Dwarven cogs, and all I could ever find was Dwemer cogs. So I picked one up to see if they were equivalent.

Skyrim never gave me that satisfying "thunk" sound with a quest update that says something like "Find Dwarven cogs (1/10)" so I assumed that the Dwemer cogs were not the same. But now I see from others that they are. So I'm kicking myself for passing so many of them by.

It is good to know that this is not a one-off quest, but rather a minor quest with something of significance at the end. I guess I'll get back into it and see what happens when I see it to completion. If anyone else is struggling with these cogs, just remember Dwarven=Dwemer.

hated that quest, not because I was confused by the name, but because of the wasted carry weight. Those cogs are so @$!@$@ heavy!

Adam Warlock

SPOILER ALERT !!!!! you get Arniel as a conjured ghost helper( at no magicka cost!) at the end of that questline. he`s a great conjure against physical threats like giants and such because he doesn`t take any physical damage that I can see. the other prize is a crappy broken dagger that will never accept a soul gem charge. I`ve put mine out on the living room table as a conversation piece

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I thought quest items had no weight, even though they show weight values. Surely the cogs aren't treated differently, right?

Because they're not always quest items, I'm 99% sure they're weighted. Same goes for bear furs for that gal in Ivarstead.

yeah, they do weigh something feirce because they aren't quest items, they are scrap items being repurposed for that one quest.

Nakatsu_Hime

I had the same issue with Dwarven/Dwemer cogs, finally collecting the ten Dwenmer cogs required. However, I did not get the quest update messages after picking up any cogs, and now I have the full 10, the quest refuses to acknowledge this fact.

Is this another blasted bug (PS3)?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts