Xbox 360 This bug is ridiculous! PLEASE help!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KisameSharkman

So I married Jenassa. After the ceremony, she completely disappears. She has a whole set of enchanted Daedric armor, weapons, etc. She also has my Chillrend. I looked up online for some ways to find her NPC. I did literally ALL of them. I waited 3 weeks at the Hunstman, didn't work. I looked ALL around Riften and the temple of Mara and Whiterun, didn't work. I did some quests, came back to the temple and the Huntsman, she wasn't there. I checked every single place the wiki said a lost follower could be as well. I've probably, in total, waited about 3 in game months for her to return. Nothing. She has a lot of my stuff that I need back. Any help would be appreciated. I'm a Level 81 Redguard warrior. Thanks guys~! :)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I've never done the marriage thing on skyrim but i have heard its full of bugs, one of the funniest i've read about is the bride or groom dropping dead for no apparent reason right after the ceremony, lol as for your situation if you've waited 3 in game months she's obviously gone. Best thing to do is try to reaquire your gear which shouldn't be too hard with what u listed, daedric armor and weapons is easy enough to make if u can't find it and chillrend swords are easily found if u know where to look, there's one in mercer fra's house in riften hidden in a lock shelf that u can pick.

KisameSharkman

True but I wanted the sword actually labeled "Chillrend". This is one of the worst bugs I've experienced in my many years of Skyrim play.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
True but I wanted the sword actually labeled "Chillrend". This is one of the worst bugs I've experienced in my many years of Skyrim play.
Dude the sword in the locked shelve at mercer fra's house in riften IS named chillrend, i grab it every time i go in there. This bug is actually very minor compared to some of the others i've seen, this one is more of an "Inconvenience" than a game breaker, the one's i truly hate are the one's which prevent u from completing certain goals in the game, such as the dark brotherhood glitch that causes your character to never be abducted in your sleep, thus preventing u from ever being able to join the dark brotherhood, those bugs are downright rage inducing.

Ivory

Let's Player
Dude the sword in the locked shelve at mercer fra's house in riften IS named chillrend, i grab it every time i go in there. This bug is actually very minor compared to some of the others i've seen, this one is more of an "Inconvenience" than a game breaker, the one's i truly hate are the one's which prevent u from completing certain goals in the game, such as the dark brotherhood glitch that causes your character to never be abducted in your sleep, thus preventing u from ever being able to join the dark brotherhood, those bugs are downright rage inducing.
I think you're missing the point. His actual version of chillrend vanished with Janessa. That sword doesn't respawn.

Sorry about the glitch OP. that's one I'm lucky enough to have never had happen to me. You don't have any saves from before you married her? Even if its as the ceremony is going on, you can run to catch her and tell her where to live?

KisameSharkman

Yeah I reloaded but she vanishes before I can talk to her. And yeah I HAVE Chillrend but I gave it to Jenassa and it vanished WITH her.

Ivory

Let's Player
No opportunity to take it before the ceremony?

JClarke1953

For me personally, I decided to not do the marriage thing. I tried it, didn't much care for the lack of interaction and the repetitiveness of their dialogue, and backed up to a save before the marriage. I don't even use a follower anymore, as they talk to much.

I also dumped Hearthfire as the adoption thing has so little going on. And the houses are too glitchy, whether I built everything, or I had the Housecarl do the furnishing.

My carry rating is up high enough if I decide I want to strip bandits of their armor, there's no problem.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
For me personally, I decided to not do the marriage thing. I tried it, didn't much care for the lack of interaction and the repetitiveness of their dialogue, and backed up to a save before the marriage. I don't even use a follower anymore, as they talk to much.

I also dumped Hearthfire as the adoption thing has so little going on. And the houses are too glitchy, whether I built everything, or I had the Housecarl do the furnishing.

My carry rating is up high enough if I decide I want to strip bandits of their armor, there's no problem.
Same here, its bad enough with the annoying house carls that repeat the same damn thing every single time u enter your house with no way to get rid of the free loader, can't imagine having 2 of them.

Nope. The ceremony ends and she vanishes in an instant.

Wow that stinks . I always marry Jordis the Sword maiden , just for the 5% increase in XP . I have never had her carry anything for me. I feel for you man , some of these bugs are game changers :sadface: Until I played this game over a long period of time I had to restart so many times , until I realized what a Bug infested game this is. That being said I still really love the game , and agree with JCclarke1953 on the Hearth fire Bugs . I gave up living in any of them , cause of all the flaws that go with that DLC . I now have a good BUG free house in Windhelm ( Life is good again ):) I have X-Box 360

JClarke1953

I liked that house in Windhelm on another char. But can't get it with the one I mainly use now. I had forgotten to take care of the muderous Mage in the castle before I finished the War, so it's now inaccessible. I've gone over there repeatedly to see if I could get it started, but I guess it had to be done before the War.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Should have made her sign a prenup. She didn't really love you. She only wanted to marry you for your wealth.

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Sometimes, the path of solitude and loneliness is the best. It is ok friend.

Mike Page

MR PAGE
Ok.... No, I do not remember talking to her afterwards but if I did I do know for certain that I did not tell her to go there.

JClarke1953

Can you back up to a save before the marriage? I found you gotta move fast to talk to the wife to find out where y'all will live, (I went back to a save and got myself single. Not enough dialogue for an "M" rated game. PG maybe, but definitely not "M"!

If you can't, you might find her at where you proposed to her?