Thinking of a less-combaty character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So, I was considering playing a character more like a merchant or something, but also being either a vampire lord or a werewold, using those forms for actual combat.

Granted, I would first need to get through part of the Companions / Dawnguard quest lines before really getting into it, but I wonder how entertaining it would be.

Thoughts?

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
You could try playing a pacifist. Just use heavy or light armor, enchantments for health and restoration, restoration to turn undead and heal yourself, illusion to calm enemies or send them running, and alteration for armor spells, as well as invisibility and paralyze.

You could try playing a pacifist. Just use heavy or light armor, enchantments for health and restoration, restoration to turn undead and heal yourself, illusion to calm enemies or send them running, and alteration for armor spells, as well as invisibility and paralyze.
Well, I think I will still murder things. In fact, I'm considering making him an assassin as well, but only kill in beast form.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I have really been enjoying a character who only uses Illusion, Conjuration, Restoration, Alteration, and Enchanting. Absolutely no destruction, weapons, or other forms of direct attack. This guy has actually turned out overpowered on Master, so I added Enchanting to make money and to make it more challenging. What you do is use Illusion to get enemies to fight each other or to get the heat off you while using conjuration to summon things to fight the last man standing. I mean to make him a VL when Dawnguard comes out on PS3 since he has the magicka pool to do so and capped out low level.

David Wik

I'm playing a character much like you described right now. He is a Cleric/Shaman who does not actually kill anything himself but uses magic such as Frost from Destruction and Atronachs from Conjuration to give himself space to transform.

I think, to date, I have killed one person in human form and everything else (except deer, rabbits and a couple of spiders or wolves not worth transforming for) has been killed as a Werewolf which became even easier with the release of Dawnguard. With Dawnguard, Werewolf can be perked to feed off most things rather than only humanoid enemies.

It is paramount that you have some way of slowing or impeding any attackers as the transformation animations for both Vampire Lord and Werewolf are quite long to do in the heat of the battle and leave you completely exposed to enemy attacks.

I have only done VL enough to cap it and get the achievement so the bulk of my experience is with Werewolf.

While VL is unlimited use right out of the box, to pull off a Werewolf Only Combat build the Ring of Hircine is a definite must-have unless you don't mind waiting a day after every battle.

All in all a very fun way to play the game and completely feasible for any mission/quest you might come across.

Edit: Instead of conjuration/alteration/illusion etc, you can also just get really good at jumping up on rocks where the enemies can't reach you before transforming

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts