Things we like and dislike about skyrim...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xiomn

Oh yes! Dragons are the most annoying thing ever in this game in my opinion. They;re unworthy of spending time to kill. A skeever is harder to kill. Dragons are just an big annoyance. I never go Winterhold anymore, every time i fast travel there, there is like a 100% chance a dragon will be there.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I never go Winterhold anymore, every time i fast travel there, there is like a 100% chance a dragon will be there.

Good to know as I find myself hunting for them now they show up so infrequently. I needd more souls to unlock the shouts I have learned.

ariel

lol well thats not what i expected, but i guess thats fine too lol there are tons of of plops that piss me off about the game, but there are some little things that are epic and amazing in my opinion, like the fish at the waterfall.

ariel

Like's, depth of the game. This is my first TES title I've had the privilege of playing. I still get surprised how much they added into the game. Dislike's, There's 2 i can think of right now. 1, I wish there was a way that you could reset you talent point's( I had to start over a few time's before i found the build I want). 2, I wish there was a different or an upgradable house you could buy in Whiterun

the reset points would make the game a hell of a lot better i do admit. and i like the house in whiterun, its perfect for smithing and keeping all of your plops there, but thats about it lol

ariel

Oh yes! Dragons are the most annoying thing ever in this game in my opinion. They;re unworthy of spending time to kill. A skeever is harder to kill. Dragons are just an big annoyance. I never go Winterhold anymore, every time i fast travel there, there is like a 100% chance a dragon will be there.

also, what lvl are you playing now? i have a lot of dragons around me when i spawn places too, but never THAT many, and what Vorak was saying is he rarely sees any, is the game random when it comes to the dragons too?

Anonylulz

ariel: I see a ton of dragons now that I'm in the 40's.

I like pretty much everything about this game except for the focus on matching sets of armor. That kind of pigeon holes any sort of creative control on your character that a lot of other RPG's would normally encourage. Also it'd be cool if when overcharging X-flesh or the various summoned creatures that they actually became stronger and not just longer in duration. Other than that everything is awesome.

Xiomn

I only kill dragons when i really need money but this is never the case anyway. They just fly around and then you hit them with two arrows and they fly around again. Just an annoyance to me i don't see how no one else thinks the same. The normal wildlife can kill dragons. A giant killed a dragon once in one of the giant camps all by himself. How does that work? they are like the weakest monsters in the game.

Anonylulz

I just wish they would land more. I summon a storm atronach and hit them with marked for death and by them time they finally hit the ground I can only land one mace blow and it keels over.

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
what i dont like is the jerky graphics and freezing I think the game may be freezing alot and it gives me the hee bee jee bees.

what i do like is the health , magic armour and missions which are like amazing and almsot unlimited quests.

I also like the main missions which are pretty awsome and the armies and fractions I can join and the arms of realistic combat with taking hits and blood and etc.

pheonixrising

My biggest dislike would have to be..... The civil war....The whole thing. I thought it was too short and there doesn't seem to much of point to it. The only thing that changes is the leadership of a few holds and, to be honest, the Jarls are replaced by the worst characters in their respective cities. I also hate the fact that after you finish that quest line there's no mention of it. A change in dialogue for a few npcs would have been nice instead of everyone carrying one like the war has made no progress. I also feel the same way about the main quest. I just feel like I get no respect for the work I do for the people of Skyrim and that makes me commit genocide every once in a while.
I just wanna be appreciated!!!

I like everything else though....bugs not withstanding.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I LOVE this game except:

-Combat sucks. Having to interrupt combat to search thru your inventory sucks. Lack of auto aim-lock for melee combat sucks . You can swing an axe with an enemy right in your face, but if the TINY , almost invisible crosshair isn't actually touching the enemy because you are looking slightly to the side, or up or down, then you won't make a hit, while even the lowliest of enemies at close range will ALWAYS make a hit. That is seriously pathetic and lame, as if the devs deliberately want to make this NOT an action game. Then why have so much fighting necessary?
Even in the middle of fights you are supposed to decide which of your dozen different types of attack you need to use, and remember to charge it if it's an enchanted weapon, and keep an eye on its charge as well as your magicka and health levels, while mages blast you with long distance shots that can kill you in one hit.... If you don't run, they NEVER MISS unlike you and your pathetic mouse/ gamepad.
Lack of quik sideways dodge move SUCKS.

f***f this! The game comes with Adept difficulty as default, and that's what I'm using and its been a very frustrating time , especially when you can easily deal with dragons but a couple of Chauruses in a dungeon can give you hell. Chauruses are about 100 times smaller than a dragon but 10 times more lethal, it seems. That doesn't jibe well with the whole lore thing.

Related to the issue of melee combat mechanics is the issue of friendly fire.... Friendly NPCs are just too dumb to get out of the way of your powerful weaponry. Often the only thing to do is to let them fight for you, to avoid killng them. There is no optioin to command them to not get into close range combat. I have had to reload several times because i acidentally killed a firendly NPC to then be attacked by all the others, as well as the enemies. It is very difficult to get into the fray wihout hitting allies , and when you're using one-hit kill weapons it's a problem.

When I did the Stormcloak rebellion quests, i could not really get into the fight for ages as it was very difficult to tell who was friend and who was foe, and everybody was moving around so fast. Intense battles should have red markers on enemies to make quick aiming easier.

I am installing a mod to disable friendly fire as soon as i find one!

I love Skyrim- only dislike is for some reason when I'm traveling from hold to hold my character decides he'll run in whatever direction I was facing for as long as he wants. It's made me fall off high Hrothgar, over numerous other ledges and we know if you fall more than twenty feet you die. Happens one time every time I play and quite frankly I'm tired of loading again because of a silly glitch that runs me off a mountain.

That’s a bug i only experienced when trying to play with a gamepad on a Mac running a cider wrapper. Also, there is an auto-run key, are you sure you; renot accidentally pressing that?

Balstrome

Using a Aqua breathing helm, I like going fishing underwater for salmon.
Dislike, my crappy PC which runs Skyrim at +55 degrees on my CPU and GFX cards. Scares the hell out of me to see those flames thingys next the temp gauges.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I just feel like I get no respect for the work I do for the people of Skyrim and that makes me commit genocide every once in a while.
I just wanna be appreciated!!!

LOL, QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Xiomn

you can easily deal with dragons but a couple of Chauruses in a dungeon can give you hell. Chauruses are about 100 times smaller than a dragon but 10 times more lethal, it seems. That doesn't jibe wellwith the whole lore thing.

+1 same applies to the majority of mobs in the game.

swanqueen

No? No one's said it yet? Fine then. What I dislike: The freaking loading screens!
I couldn't agree more. It takes so freaking long to just enter a building. I have 361 hours of gameplay now and I would bet 61 of them was spent waiting to enter a city or a building. Does anyone know if it's quicker if you're not connected to Steam? Is it loading on the internet?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I couldn't agree more. It takes so freaking long to just enter a building. I have 361 hours of gameplay now and I would bet 61 of them was spent waiting to enter a city or a building. Does anyone know if it's quicker if you're not connected to Steam? Is it loading on the internet?

That shouldn't happen, make sure you have latest version and reset /change you graphic settings. It gets stuck sometimes, in my case i can get out of it doing alt-ctrl-delete then cancel.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
That shouldn't happen, make sure you have latest version and reset /change you graphic settings. It gets stuck sometimes, in my case i can get out of it doing alt-ctrl-delete then cancel.

You can also turn off the autosave feature. That has helped my load times TREMENDOUSLY.