• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SquirrelHunter

I plan on re-rolling a stealth assassin tonight...but I'm a little lost as the "level gear" is concerned.

I plan on rolling through Whiterun to tell the Jarl about Riverwood, and do the dungeon for the claw and that fragment for levels, and point perks...but after that I wanna roll straight into either Thieves or Dark Brotherhood for gear.

If I get the gear from either faction being a low level... will the gear scale with me? I think the answer is the stats will scale as I reach higher skills in that respective skill(ie: armor, 1h dmg) but the enchant will forever remain the "low" version, correct?

Also, would it be better to do Thieves first then Dark Brotherhood?

dale112

If your going to be an assassin i'd recommend the DB. thats what they are. and the gear to suit.
There is a quest where you have to kill some dudes son. It also has a reward if you do the extra crap.
you have to kill the dude in a city and plant a letter on him. Do that then you get a token to see a fortune teller. go to see her and she tells you about a cave with a dead DB dude in it. get to the end and there is a hidden room behind the throne. He has Ancient DB gear and should be decent gear for a while.. Good Luck

SquirrelHunter

If your going to be an assassin i'd recommend the DB. thats what they are. and the gear to suit.
There is a quest where you have to kill some dudes son. It also has a reward if you do the extra crap.
you have to kill the dude in a city and plant a letter on him. Do that then you get a token to see a fortune teller. go to see her and she tells you about a cave with a dead DB dude in it. get to the end and there is a hidden room behind the throne. He has Ancient DB gear and should be decent gear for a while.. Good Luck

Thanks for this, but its actually information that I was already able to gather...my BIGGEST concern is the scaling of the gear, because I don't want to gimp myself early game, and not be able to recover mid-game

Panthera

Don Gato
Thanks for this, but its actually information that I was already able to gather...my BIGGEST concern is the scaling of the gear, because I don't want to gimp myself early game, and not be able to recover mid-game

As for character you should go for the thieves guild and then db... becouse in thieves guild you are kinda stupid while in db you can be silent type guy. It's kinda wierd when you drop from silent guy to a stupid guy. -.-

Tarheelram

Omg theives of course. HUGE DB SPOILERS. (DB SPOILER) (DB SPOILER) When everyone in dark brotherhood got killed besides that girl and that red guard guy it ruined it for me. The new recruits had nothing special. Just costumes all the space. No more unique characters. Just whats his face and vampire lady. Extremly retarded how they would do that. GAy.

Jaeger

You don't want the armor until level 32; you don't want the weapons until level 46. These leveled items are not like Dragon Age 2 leveled items where the magic items get more powerful with you; they are stuck at the level you receive them.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Leveled_Items

So go to the Thieves guild first.

Kablewee

If youre a horder :) then Thieves guild, they give you armor that lets you carry 40 (lbs?) of item which is sweet BUT some of the quest requires lockpicking (somewhat difficult on someparts)

SPOILER

you get a skeleton key ,which you have to return eventually to finish the quest but I didn't lol no more lockpicks breaking ,hell ya :) I can open master lvl locks eventhough I'm novice lol

DB, you get the sneaky armor but you also get the unkillable horse ,who is awesome . He's like spider man , he can climb mountains with ease .

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Theives Guild first - You can pay off your bounties if you get caught during DB quests. A certain quest will net you a bounty you cannot avoid.

BabyMickers

Totally sweet
I don't believe you've thought this through. If your truly worried about gear then the only answer is crafting / enchanting. The best gear is made this way and you don't have to worry about scaling. Unless you just want the models the DB gear has than this won't help you. However I don't see you playing that character longer after you hit ~46. I mean you can and you might but rarely does anyone stick with a single toon that long.

SquirrelHunter

Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and started the Thieves Guild.. As it turns out as the quest line begins to open up you can trade-in your old Thieves Guild Gear for a new set... but the Nightinggale Set is static according to your level. However, there is only 3 tiers to the Nightinggale set..so as long as you obtain that set after level 19 you will get the second tier. Which is awesome for that level.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts