Thieves guild Hard answers quest glitch.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
There's a glitch on this quest that I'm not clear on why it happens or what the circumstances are before it can happen. When you go to Markarth to ask Calcelmo to translate Gallus' journal, and he gives you the key to the Dunmer museum, and then when you enter his laboratory, there are always Calcelmo's personal guards who will attack you on site. Occasionally, one Markarth city guard will be present inside the laboratory, and when he sees you, he will attempt an arrest for trespassing and you also get the standard bounty for trespassing. If you yield to him, even if the bribery perk on the speech skill is selected, the only script lines that appear are to take you to jail or to pay off the bounty, and at the same time, calcelmo's personal guards will be attacking you. I just kill the guard, as well as any of calcelmo's personal guards who were witnesses to erase the bounty, which is easily done, since there is only the one markarth guard, and one or two hostile wizard guards who need to be killed to do this. So far, this glitch has only happened to me twice. Does anyone know about this glitch?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts