The weight slider (your opinions and preferences - Vanilla only)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
My Thief is pretty well off.

However even if only a noble could afford to be over weight then lets not mages are typically well educated and nobles have the money to afford said education and the time to study.

BEHR

Actually, the "Body builder warrior" is a creation of comics and movies, not lore.

To get the muscular mass of Schwarzy in Conan, or of "the rock" you have to work specific body building exercices, which do nothing to improve your technique or your power as a warrior.

Real warriors don't do that. They train on their technique and speed. They will be Fitted but not body-builded. They tend to be pretty slim for their build as it is all well trained muscle, not STEROIDS-like muscles.

Just look at the Decathlonian: none of them are Body Builded. Very fitted yes, but not oversized. And for me, those are the ultimate warriors of the modern age.

That said, I always choose my character to be slim because I prefer the agile/fast build character.

Frank Frazetta invented the comic book style. However!! I am ethnically russian, due to my professional occupation I am into martial arts and such. I do not go to the bodybuilding gym, I exercise according to the old traditional ways using kettle-bells, and chopping the wood for the fireplace. Sometimes I go swimming. What I am trying to say is that I am no Conan, but swinging the axe and rowing the boat will get one pretty darn close, provided adequate diet.

Moonwort

I generally go with approximately my physique. Er, plus some airbrushing. Fine, lots of airbrushing.

Twiffle

Well in medieval/colonial times lots of people WERE either somewhat skinny or somewhat musclebound. Cause back then, most folks chopped their own trees, hunted their own food and etc. Unlike America today, lol.

i wonder how thin they would be if they had to hunt there own burger ,, ,, ,, :D

Saozig

Hippy
I usually play female characters and go with the leaner side, usualy 1 or 2 notches from the skinniest setting. I really dislike that the heavier settings for females just make your character thicker not more muscular. We women have muscle, naturally. I know cos I have them. But Bethesda, like many other game companies, seems very scared at the idea of genuinely athletic female builds. Even for Nords and Orcs, you can't get more muscular female avatars. My female Nord was mid-weight on the scale and still looked like an air-burshed model who only ate lettuce, and my female Orc which I set at a heavier weight, looked big but her completely un-toned arms looked like they had never lifted a sword in her life.

For male avatars I usually go lean. I don't relaly like the look of a heavily muscular male body--I prefer lean and toned but if a dude's got bigger breasts than me, it's a bit of a turn-off. So it feels too weird and alien to play a Conan type build for me. If they had a husky but not excessively muscular option for male avatars, I'd probably play that.

Two Bears

All depends. If I'm playing a mage, I go far left. Assasins and theives are middle of the road, along with most hybrid classes. Slightly right are sword and board warriors and two-handed barbarian types are far right. Swinging 40 pounds worth of battle axe around your upper body all day is probably going to give you some serious guns.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts