• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What do you do with Degaine the beggar?

• I kill him because he annoys me!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I keep him alive, although he annoys me

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I leave him alone (he doesn't annoy me)

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
Degaine must be one of the most annoying NPC characters in Skyrim. Question is do you keep him alive or do you kill the bastard? :ashstab:

4d92683b1feebfc76f6d06ac2fa69b0c.png

Chadonraz

I don't go around killing NPCs simply because I don't like them. Well, Nazeem and Heimskr have been exceptions in the past... and Nazeem still continues to be one. I always reload a save after getting him killed, though. There's only one Nazeem in Skyrim, after all. :p

As annoying and rude as Degaine is, I feel that ignoring him is the worst thing one can do to him. He seems like the type that cannot stand being ignored.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
I don't go around killing NPCs simply because I don't like them. Well, Nazeem and Heimskr have been exceptions in the past... and Nazeem still continues to be one. I always reload a save after getting him killed, though. There's only one Nazeem in Skyrim, after all. :p

As annoying and rude as Degaine is, I feel that ignoring him is the worst thing one can do to him. He seems like the type that cannot stand being ignored.

Gotta agree with this.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
him and nazeem are the only NPCs i take great pleasure in murdering i cant stand weither one of them but needless to say, they dont get the chance to annoy me anymore

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
him and nazeem are the only NPCs i take great pleasure in murdering i cant stand weither one of them but needless to say, they dont get the chance to annoy me anymore

Exactly my point. ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Agree. He's loathsome, but, at least he gives me the opportunity to violate all those Dibellan's. He pays, then I kill him and take his stuff (he has a surprising amount of gold and often expensive jewelery for a begger).

Was playing yesterday and he claimed to have a contact in Riften (obviously in the TG) that he could sell the statue to. Too bad I don't know who the contact is, or I'd just sell it to them myself.

Besides, I have a spare that I picked up eons ago that's an exact match. It sits in my living room in Breezehome. :)

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
i just killed nazeem 30 times in a row using resurrect console command i feel so much better about my life now :)

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
Guess he won't go to the cloud district anymore. :D

Chadonraz

I like spawning groups of ten Nazeems and then killing them all. :p
It's funny how they all go "Help, I'm being attacked!" when I attack one of them.

JoeReese

I don't bother with him. Now (since I finally have PC) Maven, Maul, Brynjolf, Mercer, and that bunch of turd kernels are the first to go.

sticky runes

I hardly ever go into Markarth. That place is so disconnected from everything else that happens in the game, it might as well not exist. o_O

Daelon DuLac

I hardly ever go into Markarth. That place is so disconnected from everything else that happens in the game, it might as well not exist. o_O
It is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but I love Markarth, especially Vlindral Hall. There's just something about all that stonework that I appreciate. Plus there's a goldmine close by! Don't get me wrong - I spend 99% of my time in Whiterun and Breezehome even when I own everything else, but I do luvs me my Markarth for vacations.

sticky runes

It is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but I love Markarth, especially Vlindral Hall. There's just something about all that stonework that I appreciate. Plus there's a goldmine close by! Don't get me wrong - I spend 99% of my time in Whiterun and Breezehome even when I own everything else, but I do luvs me my Markarth for vacations.

It is a great location, but since I started taking Role-playing more seriously, I just don't get any opportunities to head over there. My last character got into his 60s without once going to Markarth. He defeated Alduin, became arch mage of Winterhold, visited all the other holds and explored most of Solsteheim and I still don't have any major reason to go to Markarth. It's kinda annoying!

Daelon DuLac

It is a great location, but since I started taking Role-playing more seriously, I just don't get any opportunities to head over there. My last character got into his 60s without once going to Markarth. He defeated Alduin, became arch mage of Winterhold, visited all the other holds and explored most of Solsteheim and I still don't have any major reason to go to Markarth. It's kinda annoying!
Fortunately, my RP almost always involves paranoia and greed so Markarth is perfect for it - after all, it's the home of the Silver Bloods!

Chadonraz

He didn't even buy a Dwemer item and get a letter from Calcelmo? :D

It's true that unless you do the TG or DB (which I don't), there really isn't much reason to visit Markarth. My last character only went there because of the Civil War, first to blackmail the steward and then to take over the city. xD

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
You can win Degaine over as easily as handing him a single septim. He also hands out a pretty fun little quest. I'm also not going to lie, I like his hyper-aggressive drunken begging. He makes me smile.

I said alms, you back-biters!

He serves a purpose. A purpose other than just irritating me. Unlike..Say...Gisli. The worst character in the game. I seriously turn the other direction when I see that sour-faced frump starts walking my way.

You'll be talking to someone as and she'll just trudge right up in your face and be like "My name is Gisli. You can just call me Erikur's sister..EVERYONE ALWAYS DOES".

And I'm just like...

What's worse is that you can literally run into her anywhere in Solitude. Inside the shops, on the road. Only Castle Dour and The Blue Palace are safe.

The character would make more sense if people actually talked about her brother. Or he was involved in a quest. You'd have to really pay attention to even know that her stupid brother is the Thane. Gisli is definitely higher profile than he is, if only because she never shuts up about him.

Chadonraz

I always call Gisli "Erikur's sister" once I've run into her for the first time. Just because. :D

As far as beggars go, I'd say both Brenuin and Silda the Unseen are way more annoying than Degaine, who does indeed have amusement value.

JoeReese

You guys know that, if you donate to the beggars before you sell your goods, you get a bonus?

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby

Even the beds are from stone. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts