• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sedge

A long time ago, i received the thieves guild quest, to collect the debts and become a full member. The thing is, i don't like the thieves guild and nothing of what they do. They steal the money from hard working people. Is there anything i can do, for exemple, to put an end to the thieves guild, or something like that? Instead of helping them, i work agaisnt them.

Or you could do a couple of thier quests to gain the guild's trust... and then go on a rampage and kill all of them that aren't marked essential for quests! ;)

Mytheos

Kind of a shame that with the thieves guild there is no option to eliminate them all. No spoilers but another faction in skyrim can be wiped out.

I love the thieves guild personally. Very interesting characters. Delvin is my favorite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Nathalean

Professional Vampire Ninja
OR you can return the guild to its former glory which would mean that the old principles are brought back. The old guild never took from the poor and was generally a non violent organization with (semi-)strict ethics.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Yeah, this is an untapped questline... It would have been great if you could partner up specifically with Mjoll to take down the Thieves Guild permanently. She seems so altruistic and actually cares about Riften, it's a shame that there wasn't any way you could help her aside from helping her recover her old sword, Grimsever.

Waffle_Bombs

I think it would be great to work against them, and it would make a lot of sense for my righteous paladin to do so! But, i'll do the queats regardless, just for the benefits and rewards.

Definitely would be cool if Bethesda included something like that.

Cyren

I am actually enjoying the questline, since as time goes by, the cistern keeps getting nicer. More people, more items, it is getting more decorated. I notice my items I have stolen are being displayed around the place. I recall the night brotherhood stuff, and the 20000 gold I spent to fix up the place, only to have it still look like total crap.

Sedge

I've tried once, to kill them, but it didn't work, at least not with the main characters of the guild.

So, if i join the thieves guild, and restore them to their former glory, they will start to protect the people of riften instead of stealing from them?

I've tried once, to kill them, but it didn't work, at least not with the main characters of the guild.

So, if i join the thieves guild, and restore them to their former glory, they will start to protect the people of riften instead of stealing from them?
No they are not really in the business of protecting anybody. They are still thieves, but I guess you could say that their moral compass starts to point more in the direction of the "Robin Hood" but as far as I know they don't do any giving to the poor.

Sedge

Meaning, they don't do anything for riften's people, but they stop stealing from them, right? So, who will they steal from?

Cyren

Right now, I have to steal from Riften... but I have choices of which house to rob. I go for the rich, and leave the poor alone. Yes, you do steal from targets as well, but you also can do numbers jobs and not steal a thing.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
They would probably go for those snobbs in Solitude because money flows there.

Cyren

They would probably go for those snobbs in Solitude because money flows there.
I have been doing lots in Solitude now... they always send me to Markarth and I hate that place (always get lost or turned around), now I have been in Whiterun as of late. It does get boring doing the same crap, different day, but every now and again, I get to do something pretty fun. Watching the guild rebuild is fun though, so many new faces and new stuff. The chests in the cistern are getting some good stuff in them that I can just take as well.

Ned

Nerevarine
The Thieves Guild is the best side story, in my opinion. You have to actually do the side quests to watch it grow, which is fun. Delvin Mallory is also one of my favorite characters.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Oh i see how it is.... Nobody loves mercer for giving them the skeleton key on his body. It unlocks anything!!!

Chryss

I returned the key because it was the right thing to do, and as a side note, my lockpick skill is at 100 (no perk points) so I have no problem opening locks. After returning the Skeleton key, the reward is well worth giving it up.

whiskey

I hate the Thieve's Guild but I want to say there is a way to wipe them out, I did it on accident when escaping from prison with my first character. I ended up in the Ratway and just killed every person I saw. However, there are members of the Guild above ground. My game glitched out so I started a new character, and I've done some Thieve's Guild quests but they just aren't for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts