The stupidest thing you ever did in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
It occurs to me I am ALWAYS doing stupid things in Skyrim. From running blindly into caves teeming with bandits to accidentally slicing into a guard who decides to get in front of me to kill what I'm swinging at and ending up at the tip of every guard in Whiterun's blade. I've played games where everyone in the community claims to be "1337" with "epic skillz" (typing the very words made my bones shudder with disgrace) who have NEVER made a gaming boo-boo. Now I'd really like to hear from those of you (if there are any) who have done immensely stupid things in the game (humourous, or not!).

Here's one of my stupid moments.

One day I decided to use Frost to climb to the top of a mountain on a day I had been riding around for hours (real life hours) just basically looking for places I hadn't visited yet so I could use them as fast travel points later to make my game a little easier (I'm sure you all understand why).

Anyway, it got harder getting to the top of this mountain (why was I climbing this?! Probably 'cause I was too lazy to go around it). For some absolutely daft reason I assumed that because my character can leap up a mountain obviously Frost would be able to do the same. Boy, was I wrong!

The first leap made it, but on the second leap we both ended up succumbing to gravity; I heard poor Frost whinnying all the way down and heard the sickening thud of him hitting each rock on the way down to the bottom. Needless to say, his cries stopped before he hit the soil.

My character surprisingly survived the huge descent but unfortunately poor Frost did not. No biggie, right? Should be able to just load up my last save. To my absolute horror, I discovered I hadn't saved for two hours...and as I STUPIDLY hadn't gone inside any of the caves or buildings I had found...no autosaves.

It was either lose the thirty or forty places I'd found (including masses of alchemy ingredients gathered along the way)...or lose the lovely faithful Frost.

You'll probably be able to guess my decision.

But on the brightside...I did get Shadowmere a little later on (however, my heart bleeds for Frost who was a faithful steed even if he was achieved through ill-gotten means). Ever since then, I save every five minutes, even if I'm nowhere near ANYTHING, lol.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I don't have anything that really compares to that, but it seems that every time I manage to get a cute puppy to follow me through the woods I end up shooting it with an arrow as it tries to protect me. :C Poor loyal creatures...I refuse to use Shadowmere for that same reason, I would end up shooting the poor thing.

DanielleLorea

in trance
When I was just starting the Thieves Guild quests I tried to kill everyone in the Ragged Flagon.
I had a similar experience to you when J'Zargo died, but I did load my last save and lost hours of progress.

When I was introducing my best friend to the game, when she got to Riverwood she killed a chicken and was being attacked by everyone and I didn't tell her she could sheath her weapon, I just let her be puzzled. I know that doesn't exactly count but it came to mind anyways, lol.

Howarthee

When I was introducing my best friend to the game, when she got to Riverwood she killed a chicken and was being attacked by everyone and I didn't tell her she could sheath her weapon, I just let her be puzzled. I know that doesn't exactly count but it came to mind anyways, lol.
The first time I killed a chicken I freaked and started stabbing people....Not my most proud moment...

Clau

The Fateless One
Ah yes, it was my first play-through and my first time in Solitude. I heard that they are executing a guard. I was among the bystanders and not content with the crowded area, I carelessly went on the platform to get a better view of the impending person's beheading.....

Facepalm.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
First play through I tried to see if I could talk to a Giant, ending up taking part in the Skyrim 4th Era Flight test.

I opened the fav items section to quick swap to a spell mid combat, ended up trying to kill a Bandit with a mage light...was not the spell I was looking for that sadly caused me getting a greatsword through my chest.

Near that mine in whiterun where they kill Mammoths, where you get the transmute mineral spell, I wasn't looking where I was going on the outside of their little fort ended up falling into their death pit.

First play through I tried to see if I could talk to a Giant, ending up taking part in the Skyrim 4th Era Flight test.

Ha ha I did this to, I saw the load screen that says they are usually not hostile as long as you leave their mammoths alone, so I thought I would try talking to one, or even just get close up to get a better look at them. Then it was into orbit I go.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
My first playthrough I knew nothing about the game and what you're supposed to do, as I kept an internet ban for my first few days of playing. I loved the sneak function and decided to be an assassin/theif build. When I got captured by Astrid, I got angry and killed her instead :sadface:. Had to start all over again...

Katastrophe

King of Tales
"Hey, what's the glowing red thing on the floor? Is that a portal?"
-splode-

This isn't really a stupid thing that happened... more of just a stupid comment. My friends and I were hanging out, just me, Asa, and Chris. Asa and I were, at the time, your typical gamers. We just played the games on default everything. Chris... is a bit of a baby when it comes to gaming. He will set everything to "Infant" difficulty if he's given the option which suits him, because he has a tendency to just do some of the stupidest and most asinine things in gaming I've ever seen. He once killed a man and stole his horse in Oblivion, and then was bewildered why a guard tried to arrest him not 10 feet down the road.

Anyways, so Chris had his Oblivion difficulty set as far Easy as Easy can get. When he went to the bathroom, Asa changed the difficulty to max. Well Chris didn't see a whole lot for a solid chunk of time, and he began encountering the weakest creatures, thankfully. Previously, he had been one hitting Mudcrabs and the like, and now it took a few swings. As he continued traveling, ignoring the main quest, he started to encounter more difficult enemies. After nearly dying to a Highwayman, he made the statement that is now famous to our little group: "That's odd. Apparently, things get stronger as you go east..."

So now, when things get tough, we refer to it as "too far east".

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
Well, I was exploring a barrow and saw one of those fire lamp things on the ceiling and naturally I thought "I wonder what that's for."
I should have just left it.. I should have just walked away..
I shot it with an arrow and it fell on the floor and the whole corridor erupted in flames.
I fought against a dragon, draugr, massive spiders.. In the end it was a lamp that finished me off..

Also, the first time I met ulfric stormcloak. While he was giving his little speech I thought I'd be Hilarious and hide and then shoot him with an arrow. He got an arrow to the back, and he did not take kindly to that. He ran at me screaming "TALOS SMITE YOU" and as I ran for the door, I got fus ro da'd into a wall and then hacked to death. I never shot the guy again.
:sadface:

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Having never played a game like Skyrim before, I did a lot of really stupid things when I first started playing. Probably for about the first 50 hours I was just like

dog_science.jpg

sticky runes

Ah yes, it was my first play-through and my first time in Solitude. I heard that they are executing a guard. I was among the bystanders and not content with the crowded area, I carelessly went on the platform to get a better view of the impending person's beheading.....

Facepalm.

I actually tried to rescue the guy being executed! I thought, maybe if I distract the guards, he can run away. Well, when i got close, he did run off, the guards pulled their weapons on me, and lots of red dots appeared on my navigation bar. Oops...:eek:

PapaC420

On my first play through, I was at the main quest part where you have to go see the greybeards for the first time up at high hrothgar. And for whatever reason it may be I didn't see that the beginning of the path started in Ivarstead...So for a good hour or two I hiked up that damn hill on the side facing Riverwood/Whiterun and when i got to where the top was that I was hiking at. I was only 3/4 up the path where that frost troll sits. On my second play-through I noticed the arrow at Ivarstead, found the path and felt really stupid every since

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Thought having the Rueful Axe made me the ultimate giant slayer.

I became an unwilling participant of the Tamrielic Space Program.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
During the Civil War, loaded a character that was just saved before attacking a fort mission, I was killing Stormcloaks and didn't understand why the Imperial Soldiers were attacking me, I realised I was on a different character that was on the Stormcloak side.

I suppose the stupidest thing I've done in skyrim (other than trying to turn a horse around while on a cliff) was trying to take on a dragon, who was fighting a giant. Pretty soon I was mauled by 2 mammoths as a giant closed in on me with a club and a dragon roasted my ass. Lydia didn't survive either.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I don't have anything that really compares to that, but it seems that every time I manage to get a cute puppy to follow me through the woods I end up shooting it with an arrow as it tries to protect me. :C Poor loyal creatures...I refuse to use Shadowmere for that same reason, I would end up shooting the poor thing.
You do realise that you wouldn't kill Shadowmere? Only if he is tanking a Dragon, plus Giant, Bandit Chief, yada yada...

Howarthee

You do realise that you wouldn't kill Shadowmere? Only if he is tanking a Dragon, plus Giant, Bandit Chief, yada yada...
Well I've come into a couple situations where it was giant versus dragon versus me.... But I honestly have no clue how much live Shadowmere has.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Well I've come into a couple situations where it was giant versus dragon versus me.... But I honestly have no clue how much live Shadowmere has.
A buttload of life. Plus he has mega health regen, so after he's run away, 3 seconds later he's back out there

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts