• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow Scales

Hello my name is Shadow Scales and i am attempting to tell my story much in the same way as the diary of a nord refugee by Bigwooly.

Backstory

I am Shadow Scales, I am an argonian who was born under the sign of the shadow. Now that i have come of age i have been sent to Skyrim to serve the Dark Brotherhood. I also seek revenge on the entire khajiit race for what they have done to me, you see, when i was just a child, a band of khajiit raiders attacked my village and killed my parents, They also scarred my face with thier vicious claws.

I think it is best if i improve my talents as an assassin before i seek out the brotherhood so as not to disgrace the holy night mother with my meager skills. First i must go to the stone of shadow and pray to unlock my potential as a Shadow Scale.

I am on my way to skyrim as i speak, hopefully i will be able to slip into the border without troubles.

Restrictions

- Difficulty set to 'master'
- HUD set to 0%
- Only carry 30% of what game allows
- Only carry 40 arrows max
- No use of potions while in immediate combat
- Must fully sheath weapon to use a potion
- Cannot increase magika (for role playing)
- Can only use novice level magic (for RP)
- Not allowed to harvest unreasonable items (if a dead elk has a garnet don't take it)
- Must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- Must restore at least 5% of your health every day (through food, meals or potions)
- Not allowed to swim while wearing armor (and not allowed to enter freezing water)
- May wear any type of armor but should strive for dark brotherhood armor
- May not use in-game map unless at a known location
- Not allowed to fast travel unless by cart
- No use of exploits
- Must only use 'save on rest'
- Not allowed to manual save unless just after sleeping (I play multiple characters)
- Must not be friendly with khajiit's unless they are a friend of the dark brotherhood (for role playing)
- Must get the shadow stone ASAP and may never take it off (for role playing)
- Dark Brotherhood assignments are #1 priority (for role playing)
- No using a follower unless said follower is a member of the Sark Brotherhood (for RP)
- Must only use daggers and bows as weapons
- No Gameplay affecting mods (i use a crafting mod but that has no affect for this character, i also use a mod that categorises my favourties menu but i don't count that as a gameplay mod, just ease of access) (it's great try it)

Starting on him soon hope you decide to read!
(my avatar is his pic by the way he is as black as possible, i hope the horns don't show through hoods!)

Shadow Scales

Got started today, pleased with how he is turning out.

17th of last seed

Woe is me! On the way into Skyrim I was captured by an imperial caravan. They led me to a town of thiers called Helgen, as the cart stopped I could see the executioner with his massive axe. I prayed to the holy night mother that she would save me from dying in such an honorless way. The guards laughed at me when I told them my name was Shadow Scales, maybe I should aquire myself a new name.

After killing a Stormcloack soldier the Imperials turned to me next. As I was forced to get to my knees I uttered one last prayer but it seemed that the end had come. It would have been a humiliating way to die had it not been for a miracle!

As the headsman raised his axe a huge dragon came swooping over mountains then perched on top of the wall. The sheer mass of the dragons movements knocked everyone to thier knees and I was amble to gain footing. In the resounding panic I managed to make my way into a tower, only to find some stormcloaks in there already. Thier leader gave me a silent nod, maybe he is behind this dragon; it certainly times well for him as well! After a hectic dash round the buildings of Helgen, avoiding that dragon like the plague I found myself inside the keep with a man called Ralof. I chuckled to myself as he cut my bonds, knowing that one day; he might die by my blade, not that he would know it of course.

Together we fought our way through imperial soldiers who had also found refuge in the keep. I stripped them of thier valuable armor and donned a set of it myself. By the time we reached the underground network that would hopefully have a way out to the surface I looked just like one of those Imperials! Next we came to a cavern with the biggest spiders I had ever seen in it. Ralof the fool ran up to them with his axe while I crouched silently, drawing back an arrow. In seconds the spiders we dead, but to my amazement another duo of even bigger spiders dropped down from the roof! I had lost the advantage of suprise it seemed so I chose to hide round the corner. When the sounds of battle died down I approached the corpses of the dreadful creatures. Ralof mentioned something about how they were called Frostbite spiders and that they had deadly poison. I emptyed a wine bottle and harvested the poison from each spider. I was glad for my gloves as it seemed like they could come back to life and attack me at any moment! The poison should come in handy later.

After that it was a clean run all the way out and into skyrim. We saw the dragon flying away and i was grateful that it had lost interest in me. Ralof told me of a place nearby called Riverwood and I decided it would be a great way to recuperate.

Upon arriving there I sold all but one of the sets of Imperial armour to the smith, I noticed a nice dagger sitting on his bench and I think I will visit his stall later tonight. To my disgust, I paid for a meal and a bed at the local in before settling into a long sleep.

I woke up, early in the morning to the sound of that bloodybard singing! SINGING! at 3:00 in the morning!
I decided I may as well use this time to go aquire that lovely dagger I saw before. After a small trip to the smithy and back I got the rest of my sleep. Now it is morning and I have a busy day ahead of me.

Sorry if I am being a bit long winded but I wanted to set myself up well starting out, my other entrys will likely be shorter. Hope you enjoyed it!

Shadow Scales

18th of last seed

Today was a fairly uneventful day, first I looked around riverwood for anything of value, and after stealing lots of gold,food and potions from the local houses I decided that it would be best to leave before people noticed that thier belongings were missing. I set of for Whiterun hopeing that it's inhabitants would be wealthy. Along the way I encountered a wolf, I tried to shoot it before it noticed me but I am still learning with the bow and I missed, the was easily dispatched with my daggers though. A group of Imperials with a prisoner looked at me strangely as I passed them, maybe it was because I was still in Imperial armour, I will get myself some good leather armour soon.

Upon arriving at Whiterun I had to persuade the guard to let me in. I had a good look around the town and tried to find some places with items of value, The local smith had an amazing enchanted ring in his pocket but I am not a pickpocket, I somebody has something that I want then I will kill them and take it from them! He was a big burly man and i didn't like my chances of killing him though. I might return later. I had a little snoop around and took anything that interested me, mainly gold.

I am about to sleep for the night in the Bannered Mare, an inn. Tomorrow I will head to Riften, I heard that the shadow stone is just south of there.

Shadow Scales

well thats me done- i was playing dead is dead, and im dead :sadface:

tried to kill some random in whiterun because i saw that he had some nice stuff in his pocket earlier, after the initial attack he wasted me :sadface:

Shadow Scales

i think that while this was fun, it's not really my thing.

Im looking to try something new maybe thinking of a way to start a tournament, like i used to do in diablo 2

i have finished all the story lines and am stuck for ideas, not really sure what to do any ideas?

Skarv

I has a Shadow Scale to! Oh yeah, I am a big noob so can someone tell me what the HUD is, yeah that's how bad I am........