The "Skrillex" (Poll Included)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Is the "Skrillex" an attractive look?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Oops, I have one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I must've been living in the woods for the past few years, because I honestly haven't heard a single track from this "Skrillex" artist. If he/she plays dubstep, I don't think I'll miss out on anything if I never do! No offence to dubstep fans. ;)

The "skrillex" haircut? Gahh.. thanks but no thanks! :eek: Then again, I had my own moments of hair-related shame as a youngin.. when I was 15-16 my head was shaved to a buzzcut except the top where I had a short, flat mohawk. My grandma had seen it and warned my younger girl cousins not to laugh because "he looks like he has a pastry on his head". I think it looked more like a brush, personally! From there I "progressed" to another style after I started listening to a lot of reggae, rap and hip hop.. again, rest of the head shaved to a buzzcut, only this time the top was crawling with these mini-dreadlocks, like little brown worms. Hehe, I was a wigger if there ever was one, complete with baggy jeans and a Fubu jersey! :D Thankfully I outgrew that phase quick enough.

Nowadays I keep my hair long because it's so thick that it looks good. And it's actually low-maintenance.. don't have to cut it more than once every 2 months, nor do I have to use any silly hair products, just water and a comb to style it (or I just let it fly around untamed in the wind).

You aren't missing anything with Skrillex, trust me! I remember once I got a haircut and one of my friends at school told me to get a refund. I wish they could have just put the hair back on my head. Haha! Now I just don't even mess with it. Fancy shmancy hairstyles are not needed :rolleyes:

Halkin

pzzzztt
its awful, just awful. though i must admit there is a girl at work who carries it off quite well, mainly because she's just purely good looking i forgive the dodgy barnet

Halkin

pzzzztt
Nowadays I keep my hair long because it's so thick that it looks good. And it's actually low-maintenance.. don't have to cut it more than once every 2 months, nor do I have to use any silly hair products, just water and a comb to style it (or I just let it fly around untamed in the wind).

you owe it to us folicly challenged ones to keep a good cut :D

Oliverjames

I like the style. One of my closest friends had. Short bob and undercut on one side. Only suited her though, mostly it's just fashion for the sake of
It rather than styles that suit. And skrillex only did it to separate himself from sonny Moore.

Haha to each thier own! :D
One question... The monk?
tonsure+cut.jpg
< ?

Oliverjames

I think I may have titled that wrong! I've actually got it clippered short at the sides, left long on top with a long quiff at the front.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I hate to admit that back in 86-88 I had a very very simular hair cut.... god I miss my hair. It was shaved to the skin on both sides but was way too wide to be a mohawk, to my chin in the front and to bottom of my shoulder blades in back. and was four colors. What I find amazing is that this generation thinks they invented the emo look.

Oliverjames

I hate to admit that back in 86-88 I had a very very simular hair cut.... god I miss my hair. It was shaved to the skin on both sides but was way too wide to be a mohawk, to my chin in the front and to bottom of my shoulder blades in back. and was four colors. What I find amazing is that this generation thinks they invented the emo look.
What is truly surprising is every generation has it's rebels, that by their nature are an irony. Punk for instance, by the end of the punk era they all looked so 'different' that they looked just like each other, defeating the object. There is actually more variation in the mainstream than in the fashion rebels.

Halkin

pzzzztt
ive gone for the somewhat short cut, by using a razor down to the wood lol, so not really something i should critisise :D

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Should we make a music section like we have an art section for people to post their work?

I have to say, this has been one of the most enjoyable bits of morning-do-all-my-chores-and-get-the-kid-to-school soundtrack days. I'd love to hear more of the members' original work.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Should we make a music section like we have an art section for people to post their work?

I have to say, this has been one of the most enjoyable bits of morning-do-all-my-chores-and-get-the-kid-to-school soundtrack days. I'd love to hear more of the members' original work.

Great idea Rayven! Would be awesome to have somewhere to put up our creative stuff.

Dallas-Arbiter

Nice guitar playing, dude! You capture the Hendrix vibe flawlessly. As for Skrillex and dubstep, I find it hard to understand why such a genre of music even exists. It sounds like industrial noise and requires no actual artistic skill to create - just a working knowledge of audio software. Well, different strokes fer different folks, I reckon!

I guess I gotta flex my music skills now, too. Here's me playing a funky cover from a very funky soundtrack, Interstate 76 OST - Revenge Rocco Style. I should record another song off that soundtrack with slapping, the very backbone of funk music for the bass.

Awesome man! love some funky bass! I really should play my guitar today. I've been noodling for a while, I got a Hendrix Octavio in February, and it's just so fun making bad noises with it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts