• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you like the Sims?

• I don't know.. I really don't have an opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, The Sims is nothing for me.

• Worst game ever! I don't understand why people like this *****!

• The Sims? Never heard of that before...

• Total voters

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Hey guys,
Since I'm a girl I think I could get away with playing the Sims. :) I really like the game and I ordered The Sims 3 and all the expansion packs a few days ago. I'm very glad cause I was just tired of the Sims 2 (great game though).
What are your opinions about this game? Do you play it? How do you play it? Any ideas what to do while playing the Sims?
...I don't think Skyrim fans are typical Sims players but you never know. :D

Oh, and I'm sorry for my bad English - I'm Dutch..​

Clau

The Fateless One
I have three expansion packs:

Supernatural
World Adventure
In the Country

I'm saving up for two more expansion packs:

Seasons
Pets

I was hoping for more, but my budget can't take it.

My suggestion is create your own playlist of music and let the game be free flowing. The havoc makes it far more entertaining. I once tried the ultra meticulous planning, but it did not work for me as I discovered that I enjoy the game more if I let my sims have much freedom.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I bought it two months ago, and it was fun, but I stopped playing it soon after. I managed to create a prison (Thanks Robbaz!) although I never got to use it unfortunately, lol. Hopefully I'll get back into the game some day, and use my prison for real! Oh, and I have no expansions either.

Agent 28, out.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Well it's so much more fun with the mods from the ModTheSims website! It's a pitty most mods are for the Sims 2 and only few are made for the Sims 3.

Clau

The Fateless One
I enjoyed the Sims 2 with mods just as you said. My favorite mods were the wardrobe pack with tons of fashionable items to play dress up.

That and the massive packs of furniture items. Some of the mods I tried for the Sims 3 made my sim invisible so I'm opting for official ones for now.

I'm iffy about the Katy Perry expansion. Anyone got that? Tell something about it?

snafu

can't really vote. i like it, i have it on the 360 and it's fun, but EA is bat plops crazy if they expect $300 for the game with all it's DLC's (and that's a figure from the recent steam autumn sale.)

i dunno. i've been rather disenchanted with EA as of late. what with battlefield-premium and hearing that sim city 5 will be online-only and limited to 2x2km maps.

honestly, i'd get sims3 on steam if it was priced fairly, but as of right now, i don't even wanna bother pirating it for my pc.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
True, it's indeed very expensive. You spend 60 euros on the game but you have to buy all that DLC. On the other hand Skyrim also has DLC and I would not complain if Bethesda develops 12 DLC packages :)

Lindsay

Premium Member
I used to be an avid player of the original sims. I played the Sims 2 for a while until my old computer could not handle anymore expansions. When I got a new computer about a year ago, I started playing The Sims 3. I used to play it all of the time. Then I discovered Skyrim. I tried to get back into the Sims 3, but I didn't find it entertaining anymore because it seemed mundane compared to everything you could do in Skyrim.

Cazimir

I have a weird on-again, off-again relationship with the Sims 3. It will sit on my computer unplayed and unupdated for months at a time. Then one day I'll be so bored that I go through all the updates and play for hours at a time everyday for a like two weeks, then I drop it again. It's mostly fun, but I get bored because there's no real story whatsoever and I have to RP everything in my head.

I only have two expansions, though. World Adventures and Late Night. Haven't even managed to visit China yet. Late Night I only got recently as a gift, so I haven't much explored. I was looking at Seasons a couple days ago and it was pretty tempting.

The money aspect also really bothers me. Not for the expansions in particular, but the items store. Sometimes they give away free stuff, but the game is almost pay-to-play unless you can content yourself with constantly reusing the vanilla items.

Lindsay

Premium Member
I have a weird on-again, off-again relationship with the Sims 3. It will sit on my computer unplayed and unupdated for months at a time. Then one day I'll be so bored that I go through all the updates and play for hours at a time everyday for a like two weeks, then I drop it again. It's mostly fun, but I get bored because there's no real story whatsoever and I have to RP everything in my head.

I only have two expansions, though. World Adventures and Late Night. Haven't even managed to visit China yet. Late Night I only got recently as a gift, so I haven't much explored. I was looking at Seasons a couple days ago and it was pretty tempting.

The money aspect also really bothers me. Not for the expansions in particular, but the items store. Sometimes they give away free stuff, but the game is almost pay-to-play unless you can content yourself with constantly reusing the vanilla items.

That's another reason why I stopped playing The Sims. It was outrageous how much they were charging for things.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
My suggestion is create your own playlist of music and let the game be free flowing. The havoc makes it far more entertaining. I once tried the ultra meticulous planning, but it did not work for me as I discovered that I enjoy the game more if I let my sims have much freedom.
I kind of play the opposite. I can't stand having my sims running around doing whatever unless I don't have anything for them to do. Plus they have nooo clue how to take care of a baby. >.<

I have the exact same relationship with it. I can't stand the loading times usually, so I wait until I'm so bored that I'll put up with it. Then I play for hours and hours over a couple days, then quit.
And the money thing is ridiculous. I played the Sims 2 extensively before this one, and I feel like there are no options whatsoever to change it up in the Sims 3, in comparison. I always end up making the same colors for the rooms and floors, and using the same furniture over and over again. It gets old fast.

Nadaddle

I've been playing the Sims since I was a kid.

The Sims 3 is a really good game but the lags, oh my god, they are annoying.

^ This. I only stop playing if I find any lag.

Arven Ianash

Love that game, its way too cool. I had a family of husband and wife

I made the man have a romantic interest with another woman
And kept making him kiss her right infront of the wife, So i made him break up with her right infront of the other woman, So the wife was heart broken and i thought it would look pretty cool >.>
Hope this doesnt make me a bad person
i made her suicide in the pool

Howarthee

Love that game, its way too cool. I had a family of husband and wife

I made the man have a romantic interest with another woman
And kept making him kiss her right infront of the wife, So i made him break up with her right infront of the other woman, So the wife was heart broken and i thought it would look pretty cool >.>
Hope this doesnt make me a bad person
i made her suicide in the pool
That doesn't make you a bad person...Pretty much everyone does it at least once!

Howarthee

I had so much fun. I have it on pc ,and I play it once a week.
:p
I play as often as I get bored...Which is quite the bit..:D I'm addicted to building different types of houses.

Zyphur

I love Sims 3 but I've had too many damn problems after installing Seasons. It always crashes after 10 minutes or so, so I only get to play like 1 sim day, ugh -.-

I don't mod either because it just seems like it'll bring more problems.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I like the Sims, but I can rarely stick with it very long. Played the first, never owned the second, and just recently got Sims 3 on sale. Only played it for an hour (at most), so I can't comment much on it.

Honestly, my favorite is The Sims Medieval. I was playing it last night and made Legend of Zelda characters.
Screenshot-6_zpsf21224ca.jpg

Link repeatedly checked out Zelda's bazongas while his squire cheered him on. It was epic.

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
Not sure is this thread is too old for me to post in, but figured i would give it a shot anyway. I have been playing The Sims ever sense the first ones came out with those blocky little pixelated people, then i graduated onto Sims2 which i thought was just awesome especially when i discovered custom content and how to make it. I then started playing sims3 when it came out. I now own all of the expansions and stuff packs for both 2 & 3). I only play sims3 now. My computer is low on space so i have to swap expansions out a couple at a time because im a CC junky and it takes up a good deal of space.I am disappointed that EA didnt add more interactions with the younger sims. It seems they actually took some away, so now i get bored with sim kids and they just sit there doing nothing.

I use to spend a lot of time doing photos with sims2. I posted them on my DA. I havent really gotten into it with Sims3 because i found it more of a pain to set things up and get the camera angle right.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts