the most perfect pure assassin.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Assuming of course, you find power leveling fun
Not saying it is, but it's over quick, so you can go on with playing your Assassin. If you can go the entire game undetected, and make only Stealth Kills, I applaud your Pure Assassin, but some of us don't have that kind of time on our hands...

Lethennon

Once you get the shadow warrior perk the only weapon you will need is daggers.

Dark brotherhood armor, and your muffled with 30x backstab damage. You can effectivly put 5 points in the base of the one hand tree, go full sneak tree, and then one shot almost any enemy in the game while sneaking. Once you get into combat, you just crouch and vanish with the shadow warrior perk, which lets you land mid combat backstabs if you time it right.

Once you get your sneak to 100, you will find you can literally stroll around a room full of guys and assassinate them all without ever being discovered. Daggers being silent and all.

Once you get the shadow warrior perk the only weapon you will need is daggers...
Truth. If all you're getting Illusion for is Invisibility, then don't bother. It's not exactly a Unique effect, you can get it from The Shadow Stone, Shadowcloak of Nocturnal, Alchemy, or just Vampire Dust. (I clean out the Silver Hand, and use their hawk Feathers/Cure Disease Potions to clean out Vampire Dens.) Sure, Frenzy/Fury is a fun effect, but you can get That from Alchemy as well. If you don't have to hand cast it, then you don't need Magicka at all, and you can use that hand for something else, like another Dagger for double Backstabs.

All of these other sources will get you through until you get Shadow Warrior, after that, you never have to worry about being seen again. If you crouch right in front of someone, mid combat, they will stop doing whatever they were to kill you, and you teleport behind them to slit their throat. It's that OP. At this point, all you invested in Illusion is a waste, go back to the Twilight Seplechre, and pick another Agent Power. (Incidentally, Shadowcloak interferes with Shadow Warrior, so don't combo them with each other.) I like Agent of Strife, because it's a handy TSHHTF bail you out, though Subterfuge has it's uses too. Absorb Health is a much rarer effect, and pretty much Unique in a 100 point dose. You can also fill your Standing Stone Slot(/s) with something else at that point as well.

jonathan90

well known member
Truth. If all you're getting Illusion for is Invisibility, then don't bother. It's not exactly a Unique effect, you can get it from The Shadow Stone, Shadowcloak of Nocturnal, Alchemy, or just Vampire Dust. (I clean out the Silver Hand, and use their hawk Feathers/Cure Disease Potions to clean out Vampire Dens.) Sure, Frenzy/Fury is a fun effect, but you can get That from Alchemy as well. If you don't have to hand cast it, then you don't need Magicka at all, and you can use that hand for something else, like another Dagger for double Backstabs.

All of these other sources will get you through until you get Shadow Warrior, after that, you never have to worry about being seen again. If you crouch right in front of someone, mid combat, they will stop doing whatever they were to kill you, and you teleport behind them to slit their throat. It's that OP. At this point, all you invested in Illusion is a waste, go back to the Twilight Seplechre, and pick another Agent Power. (Incidentally, Shadowcloak interferes with Shadow Warrior, so don't combo them with each other.) I like Agent of Strife, because it's a handy TSHHTF bail you out, though Subterfuge has it's uses too. Absorb Health is a much rarer effect, and pretty much Unique in a 100 point dose. You can also fill your Standing Stone Slot(/s) with something else at that point as well.

Yes, shadow cloak is only, "powers" and it only lasts for about a day, and only goes for about a few hundred seconds I think?
I am better off with using some kind of magic illusion, because it just helps a bit.Because I used illusion invisibility somewhat before, at level 75.:D

Yes, shadow cloak is only, "powers" and it only lasts for about a day, and only goes for about a few hundred seconds I think?
I am better off with using some kind of magic illusion, because it just helps a bit.Because I used illusion invisibility somewhat before, at level 75.:D
Of course, if you have it, use it! I'm just saying for a "Pure Assassin" build, all that investment into Illusion just for Invisibility can ruin your Focus, when it can be gotten so many other ways (Shadowcloak isn't the best, but is a good option with the Shadow Stone until you get SW, which makes them obsolete.) Unless you want to play a Nightblade, which is something else...

jonathan90

well known member
Of course, if you have it, use it! I'm just saying for a "Pure Assassin" build, all that investment into Illusion just for Invisibility can ruin your Focus, unless you want to play a Nightblade, which is something else...
Maybe just a light armoured assassin.
that's all I need. Because there is loads of different assassin armours in the game, that I will try out.But we will see how I go with my dark elf character. But thank you for your advice man, cheers.

I think there might be a bit of a misunderstanding here. I listed the Shadow Powers for completedness, when actually, my advice is Alchemy. It doesn't use Magicka, so you can spend it on Stamina instead, and adds a whole bunch of other effects, including Frenzy, Healing, and Paralysis. None of these are unique, but they are spread out amongst Illusion, Restoration, and Alteration, use Magicka, and take up a hand to cast, so you can have at best 1 dagger out at the same time. You also can stack these with other effects, if you know any good Recepies. For instance, I like Paralysis with Lingering Damage Health for those real tough guys, so I can just stick them, and leave them to die. (You can even get Damage/Ravage Health on the same Poison, so you put an even bigger dent in with your Backstab.)

This versatility also extends to after you get Shadow Warrior. Huzza! You don't have to make any more Potions of Invisibility! However, you still have all the other effects you can get from your Craft, some of them combining 3 in the same dose! It's the gift that keeps on giving, while Illusion is eventually overShadowed, leaving you with all those Perks, and Magicka points you spent on it. This is not what I, personally call "Perfect" even if you have a definition of "Pure Assassin" which includes Illusion, and Magicka. The only downsides are that you have to replenish your stocks, and stop by the Alchemy Table every once in a while as well as make room in your inventory for all those ingredients. However, in the late game, once you dial in what to pick up, and distil your staples to the minimum you can depend on minus the redundant effects you get from Skills/Perks alone, it's not as much of a burden.

Now, you have to understand, I HATE alchemy. It annoys me more than the other two crafts, and I hate Crafting! However, for this particular build, I rate it above Smithing, and Enchanting to wring those lasts drops of perfomance out. You get most of your damage from Backstab Multipliers, sure you Can get even more from the Grindstone, but for the few hits you actually need it, you can just as easilly pop that potion of Fortify 1 Handed, or Archery, and dip the tip/s in that Poison of Infernal Nastiness you prepared earlier. Quite literally, every single enhancing effect you need for an Assassin? There's a Potion, or Poison for that, or you can make one...

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
And did you know that, at even the lowest level you can sneak fairly good. Im not using any enhancements.

Also, when your skill goes up by sneaking, you need need to use points to get perks to help sneak, say I had 100 sneak but no perks added, my sneak would be better than it was at the lower level. some other skills do that too without requiring perks.

And did you know that, at even the lowest level you can sneak fairly good. Im not using any enhancements.

Also, when your skill goes up by sneaking, you need need to use points to get perks to help sneak, say I had 100 sneak but no perks added, my sneak would be better than it was at the lower level. some other skills do that too without requiring perks.
Right, so you can get away with Stealth (1) just to unlock the rest of the tree, and take the right branch for the Damage Multipliers. Other than that, Silent Roll, and Silence are pretty good. TBPH, I rarelyy get Shadow Warrior, because it makes it too easy, but if you're a min/max player (What this thread is all about) and need the crutch of invisibility, it's awesome. I generally get by with nothing but Vampire Dust for the rare times I actually need it.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Sometimes I think that further in the sneak tree it is abit..overkill. "Hey, I just want to not be seen, not have some unknown magic ability to go invisible for 3 seconds".

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts