The most frustrating thing...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Anything you've done in the game REALLY tick you off, or just bug the hell out of you? For myself, it's losing a Dragon Priest mask somewhere. Don't know if I was getting button happy and accidentaly sold it, or dropped it God knows where. It's nothing major, and would have probably added nothing to the story for me, but by Talos did it piss me off. Just ask my wife and son! I sounded like Yosemite Sam.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I tried to intimidate Maul in Riften with poor Speech and now he won't appraise my things even though the game keeps telling me to go to HIM only. He only tells me to "piss off" and am a waste of his time. I started a brawl, knocked him down 3 times before using Voice of the Emperor to head back into Riften (he was at the docks). Another thing that bugs me are the one hit kills. I will still have 3/4 of my health against a 2 handed weapon using bandit and he'll get the "cinematic" kill on me. The giants are famous for their one hit kills as well which I try to keep away on that but still dare to fight head on against a giant. Only once have they landed it on me on Emperor Antonius, Benthos, and Rumar. Too bad I had to learn it the hard way on my last PSN to keep me on my toes here, lol.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
One of the few things that I really dislike in Skyrim is getting mobbed by mages with Fireball spells, although the look on the face is priceless when they run out power and try to run to the hills only to have a Sword or Arrow lodged through their chest.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Exactly what Benthos said about the one-hit kills, I'll literally have 3/4 health and BAM, the guy crushes my skull out of nowhere, grrr.

====DAWNGUARD SPOILERS====

Another thing I hate is that at some points during the DG questline, people act like I'm a bloodthirsty vampire hunter sworn to eradicate every vampire in Skyrim, like really? I may be with the Dawnguard but I never said anything about destroying all vampire kind. Here's one quote in particular, and my reaction :).

Serana: "You'll become the very thing you've sworn to destroy"
Me: "WHAT. I've never sworn to do anything! How did you come to the conclusion that I've sworn to destroy all vampires?" (Don't take this the wrong way, I very much like Serana so I'm not shooting her down or anything)

====SPOILERS END====

There's plenty more, but these are just the ones I thought of at the top of my head.

KritikalPT

One thing that always pisses me off is during The Blessing of Nature quest, after you're tasked to go to the Eldergleam and retrieve some of its sap and Maurice tags along for the ride.
The moment I fast travel to a place close enough to the sanctuary, a dragon shows up out of nowhere and decides to grab him in mid-flight and tosses him like a ragdoll. Every. Single. Damn. Time!

Any mage that spams Ice Storm also pisses me off.

Finally, when I'm about to sneak attack someone, and suddenly he turns on his ESP cheats, quickly turns around and outright demolishes me.

Saozig

Hippy
I once departed Largashbur stronghold after completing the Cursed Tribe quest without taking the Volendrung warhammer. I went back one too many autosaves too late and of course it was gone for good. And I swear, the load screen with Volendrung appeared three times as often after that, as if the game was mocking me.

CephalicMiasma

The 'followers'. They are the embodiment of my video game rage.

When you're outside they stay a mile away from you, and when you try to get them to follow they have to go around everything! Then when you're inside they scramble and knock over everything like freaking madmen and stand in ALL of the doorways. They're all sociopaths.

Also they do the strangest/stupidest things in combat. I swear sometimes it seems like they tie a blindfold on before engaging an enemy.

And for the love of Malacath they get stuck on everything! Its like they're made of tar.

rittz

(Spoilerish) In the Dawnguard dlc where you go to the Forgotten Vale, there are those frost giants with various paragon gems - sapphire paragon, ruby paragon, etc. Well, I had been avoiding the frost giants out of some ridiculous sense of "omg, I must preserve this lost and dying race! run away, do not kill!", but there's one part on a cliff where I couldn't run away without drawing attention from lots of angry Falmer. So I killed him, and he ended up falling off the cliff. I didn't go to examine his body, because it took me a long effing time to get up there.

I will never have his paragon. I will never have the unknown volume associated with that paragon. My collection is incomplete. I am heartbroken. :sadface:

Benthos

Proud Mer
The ice storm One hit kills is also very obnoxious, there's that one spot near the dragon wall and you won't notice it until you turn the corner and the soul gem blasts the hell out of you. Instant kill almost every time, hate that so much. The same goes for Malkoran in "The Break of Dawn" Daedric quest, he also has it and he loves to start with it since he's long distance from you. The major problem about that is the door is the only way to avoid it, you can't just close the door because the undead phantoms will open it (since they come at you), you're in a narrow stair case which is all open for the attack with VERY LITTLE room to maneuver. You have to beat the ice storm to the opening of the room from the door in order to avoid getting hit.

Another thing that really frustrates me, I have 2 followers other than Faendal, both Esbern and Delphine, I haven't seen them since the beginning of trying to help the Imperials to win this war and that's been all night IRL. They don't follow me anymore, I don't know where to find them either, the other followers sometimes disappear and then boom, re-appear in their own convenience, not when you're in serious need of their help either. Another lovely bit is when the map markers never show up in missions when you need it or when they tell you to keep going through the same door (both in Fallout series and Elder Scrolls). Go in this door, now leave through this door, now go in this same door, now go back out that door.... over and over and over!

Hitting my head on the sign outside The Pawned Prawn, EVERY time!

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
I finally bucked up and decided to off Paarthurnax, something I will NOT do on my next go-round, and now everytime I have to meet Delphine for something, she's stuck on the side of The Throat Of The World about 3/4 of the way up the mountain, nowhere near any kind of trail.

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
You monster! How could you?!

Dragon Rend and a few good whacks with my ebony war axes.

Seriously though, I regret it now but that's the great thing about a video game, you can go back and start over again.

Twiffle

Sneeking near a fence or wall letting the well aimed arrow fly majestically into the wall/fence and shoot yourself in the knee, , always when in 1st person, , grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tilse

Spellsword
When escaping from the Thalmor Embassy during the Diplomatic Immunity quest, I was getting pretty irritated that Malborn, Bretas, and the prisoner (forget his name and don't feel like looking it up) insisted on charging ahead and getting torn apart by the Frost Troll. Not like they were required to live, I just thought it was annoying and pretty stupid that they even bothered to do that. o_O
I know there is plenty other annoying things but that's what comes to mind right now.